DH works away? Not around for fertile time? ^Team Immaculate Conception^

Hi girls! I want to join too! I am the one who is away all the time. I try really hard to schedule around my ovulation date but it is fickle and won't cooperate! Only been trying two months and we are 50/50 at least in doing our part. Two cycles off of BCP and I still don't have an idea when Oing will happen so I try hard not to get upset, but it's frustrating all the same. I have the feeling we will miss the mark this month as well. I have an appt with an oncologist all the same for a second opinion about some problems with my cervix. I'm scared. So hopefully he will be able to give me some good news or at least some better options.
:dust: to all of us!!!

Welcome, Viking!

I've started temping and charting to get to know my cycle a bit better I got this book from amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Taking-Charge-Your-Fertility-Reproductive/dp/0091887585

It's confirmed that since I came off BCP there's only been 2 months where we're both home in the "window of opportunity" but I've found it useful to understand a bit more about what is going on in my body...

:wave: Viking :)

It's turning in to a bit of a mission this month I have to say! As i don't know when I am ovulating it makes it a bit tricky. I am temping this month but I think I will only know once it is over. last month according to the OPKs I would have O'd between day 14 and 17. This month I have possibly 3 chances to BD. One will be a quick dash down to London on the train for a lunchtime BD if BF can make it on day 14, the next is hopefully BF coming up on evening of day 15 and the other is evening of day17 so i am hoping that covers it and I can get the right excuses out to stop any questions from various people!!

Oh well done, it's definitely worth a booty call trip down to London.

AFM I'm a bit annoyed that the warmer weather this week has stuffed up my temp chart, but I'm also well late ov'ing so maybe the EPO did work....

Beautiful weekend of weather and OH completely banned from doing any form of gardening that might trigger a sore back, once we're past ov he can garden as much as he likes!

Oh well done, it's definitely worth a booty call trip down to London.

AFM I'm a bit annoyed that the warmer weather this week has stuffed up my temp chart, but I'm also well late ov'ing so maybe the EPO did work....

Beautiful weekend of weather and OH completely banned from doing any form of gardening that might trigger a sore back, once we're past ov he can garden as much as he likes!

LOL yes Northstar, keep him away from the gardening!!!

And good news if O is late :)

Glad to hear the EPO is working Northstar!!

Most of my fertility signs have disappeared today so I'm thinking I O'd yesterday. I never got a temp rise today, but I've noticed a few cycles where my temp rise happened 2 days after I thought I O'd. I asked in the ttc forum and the only response I got said that the rise can occur two days later instead of one.
I got a high reading on my fertility monitor today. Planning on BD again tonight just to be sure. I think we have our bases covered, I guess now we wait.......

Hi Jodi
Definitely worth putting in an extra BD just in case, as other things can affect your temperature.

Can't be 100% certain it was the EPO as last week at work was so stressful, but either way I'm pretty happy with the results!

So it begins...waiting to O week. :wacko: I get so stressed out thinking that he might not be here when I do. I am wishing hoping and praying it happens on the weekend and he is in my bed when it does. lol :sex:

Keep [-o< for us please if you are a prayer! I want to get pregnant this month, thank you very much. :D

I am starting to OPK today. My lovely OH is headed out of town either tonight or tomorrow and will most likely be gone through Friday evening. Let's hope I get my + OPK on Thursday so we'll be good for some baby-making action this weekend! FX!

Good Luck, hope the stars align for your timing this weekend HoldOn2Hope.

Northstar, I have read Taking Charge. Excellent and helpful. I chart and use OPKs. Without those OPKs I would probably miss Oing every month!

Thank you thank you thank you Northstar! :) -OPK at 2 and at 9:30 tonight, so yay. My love left this evening, so I'm thrilled with the negs. Hoping the starts align just right for us this weekend for sure too! [-o<

BTW, I just bought Taking Charge too so I have something to read when the OH is away! It's sooooo good so far, and really helpful in supporting what I have forever that so many docs scoffed at. I can't wait to learn how to better track my fertile signs. :flower:

I got a nice temp rise this am, preceded by a smaller one yesterday morning. I suspect FF will confirm ovulation tomorrow, putting me a 3dpo but I'm feeling that I am 3dpo today. This is going to be a long two weeks......

I got a nice temp rise this am, preceded by a smaller one yesterday morning. I suspect FF will confirm ovulation tomorrow, putting me a 3dpo but I'm feeling that I am 3dpo today. This is going to be a long two weeks......

I am excited for the TWW as long as we can DTD at the right time! But I hear ya! It's a looooooong two weeks. Fingers crossed for you and lots of :dust: your way.

Excellent news, sounds like you got a good amount of :sex: in during the window of opportunity - so now you can relax for the 2WW, knowing you've done everything possible to get your BFP. Is that your partner away back to work now too Jodi?

AFM, we're going to get in one more :sex: tonight, as my temp hasn't risen yet, and I'm getting a bit of cramp today so figure that it's today I will actually O.

I'm about to go and do another OPK just to confirm this, I really do dislike that I can't drink for 2 hours before I use those things, I'm a biiig water drinker!

Thank you thank you thank you Northstar! :) -OPK at 2 and at 9:30 tonight, so yay. My love left this evening, so I'm thrilled with the negs. Hoping the starts align just right for us this weekend for sure too! [-o<

BTW, I just bought Taking Charge too so I have something to read when the OH is away! It's sooooo good so far, and really helpful in supporting what I have forever that so many docs scoffed at. I can't wait to learn how to better track my fertile signs. :flower:

Good work HoldOn2Hope! Sounds promising for the weekend....

The funny thing with TCOYF, I was completely oblivious to the whole EWCM thing my entire life until I read that book!

And my OH pretty much thought that a woman could get pregnant at any time of the month....if only it was that easy!:nope:

Northstar - OH is home until the 11th then he's gone for 13 days and home again. He should be home again during ovulation next cycle hopefully, but maybe it won't matter b/c I'll be "knocked up"....A girl can dream :)

Good work HoldOn2Hope! Sounds promising for the weekend....

The funny thing with TCOYF, I was completely oblivious to the whole EWCM thing my entire life until I read that book!

And my OH pretty much thought that a woman could get pregnant at any time of the month....if only it was that easy!:nope:

I wish too! If I was fertile all month...sigh..

Thank you! I am certainly hoping for the weekend. ANother negative OPK tonight at 9. Fingers crossed!! Toes too! :) I hate OPKs too because I pee a lot and I am constantly drinking something. I try to stop drinking and peeing for four crazy hours before. I only last about 3 tonight.

I can't wait to cuddle up with TCOYF tonight in bed with the AC blasting and the 2 cats and pup in bed! They, at least, like when OH is traveling! :haha:

I got a temp rise this morning and creamy CM, so definitely ov'd yesterday.

It's a relief because I don't have to dehydrate myself anymore to do the opk POAS, my ov was pretty late this month so that's been 7 days of POAS, am really glad it's over, :sex: . can go back to being fun and relaxed.

Girls I'm almost certain that EPO did something to delay my ov this month, so you might want to keep that in mind for future use - though hopefully we all get our BFP this month and don't have to!

What I did was start taking the EPO on CD1, and this month I really wanted to delay my ov til OH got home so I took 1500mg a day (the capsules I have are 500mg).

I would've expected to ov normally CD10-12 but it didn't happen til CD18....!

The other factor though was last week was the week from hell at work, the most stressed I'd ever been in my job, so this could also be a factor, though the stress was resolved on CD12...

Thanks for the self-experiment NorthStar! That will be really useful info for when we go back to bad timing, most likely in the fall. Yay for ovulation! Our cycles are pretty close to each other, perhaps we will be bump buddies too!! I O'd on CD 18-19 as well, a little late for me but not totally abnormal.
Do you plan on testing early or holding out until AF is due?

Thanks for the self-experiment NorthStar! That will be really useful info for when we go back to bad timing, most likely in the fall. Yay for ovulation! Our cycles are pretty close to each other, perhaps we will be bump buddies too!! I O'd on CD 18-19 as well, a little late for me but not totally abnormal.
Do you plan on testing early or holding out until AF is due?

Bump Buddies would be awesome!

I'm planning on waiting til 22nd ie when AF is late, before I POAS, my OH goes away again on the 14th for 2 weeks.

Time will tell if I can hold out that long...I'm keeping busy though, will be hitting the gym as I've had 2 weeks holiday so need some damage limitation :dohh:

Thanks for the info on the EPO NS, I have tried to do the 1500mg but have failed a lot of the time and only managed 1000. I am rubbish at remembering to take stuff and am impressed at myself that I have only forgotten to take folic acid once in the last 4 months :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->