DH works away? Not around for fertile time? ^Team Immaculate Conception^

The OPKs tell you the day you surge. Which means ovulation has either already happened if you catch the surge downward, or it's about to happen in 12-24 hours on the upward surge. The CBFM tells you when your levels are rising so you actually get 4 days of warning. I think the problem with the OPKs is you don't get enough of that warning. The CBFM measures two different hormones to give a more accurate picture.

Thanks! It could be helpful so that the OH can get back in time, or at least plan to as best as possible. Certainly worth considering! :)

Yes and you can get them for cheap on Ebay, mine was like $80 with sticks.

Oh very good! I almost fainted when I saw they were $180 some places! Holy holy moly. :)

Interesting development ladies, looks like my ov is late this month, not sure if this is down to the vast amounts of EPO I have consumed trying to delay it, or the extreme amounts of stress I've had at work these past few days.

Either way it's FX going to put me in the zone as long as my OH gets home as scheduled - not counting my chickens yet as his relief has to turn up in order for that to happen and a few months ago he was 2 days late....

That's good news NorthStar. Fx that OH gets home in time to catch that eggie.

I have EPO oin my cupboard but have never taken it b/c I read it can delay ovulation and I'm already a semi-late ovulator. I may keep it in mind for those times that OH is going to miss O by a couple of days!

It's worth a go Jodi, I was late ov last month and it was either the EPO or the mini BCP still in my system, IDK.

This month I'm going to be late too FX, I can't be sure if it's the EPO (I've taken a ton of it) or the stress, either way an egg's an egg!

Hey ladies!!

Can I join??? Im an army wife... says it all I think!! Hubby missed ovulation last month, and was supposed to miss this month but he came home a week n half early :) Just caught it, so fingers crossed! He's due to miss the next few if we dont catch this month.

Em xxx

Interesting development ladies, looks like my ov is late this month, not sure if this is down to the vast amounts of EPO I have consumed trying to delay it, or the extreme amounts of stress I've had at work these past few days.

Either way it's FX going to put me in the zone as long as my OH gets home as scheduled - not counting my chickens yet as his relief has to turn up in order for that to happen and a few months ago he was 2 days late....

Hi Northstar, finally got on to this group! How much EPO did you take by the way? I took 2 x 500mg last month and was 2 day late with AF (don't know if that was related) but would like to push for another day or 2 on top of that so i don't O before BF gets back from his trip in Aug.

After Sept it's really going to be team immaculate conception as I'm supposed to be going back to Dubai but am not really sure what to do - in May BF came over for a weekend at what I thought was O time but I don't think he can afford to spend money doing that every month and I am broke!! Oh well, hopefully at least 3 more goes then I can think about that...

Welcome to the new ladies! Just remember there is hope.. it took us 11 months.. which I thought was quick with the way my hubby works. :dust: to everyone!

Hey ladies!!

Can I join??? Im an army wife... says it all I think!! Hubby missed ovulation last month, and was supposed to miss this month but he came home a week n half early :) Just caught it, so fingers crossed! He's due to miss the next few if we dont catch this month.

Em xxx

Hi em, yeah it's hard when they not only work away but it certainly adds to the stress of TTC. Fx for this month for you then

[Hi Northstar, finally got on to this group! How much EPO did you take by the way? I took 2 x 500mg last month and was 2 day late with AF (don't know if that was related) but would like to push for another day or 2 on top of that so i don't O before BF gets back from his trip in Aug.

After Sept it's really going to be team immaculate conception as I'm supposed to be going back to Dubai but am not really sure what to do - in May BF came over for a weekend at what I thought was O time but I don't think he can afford to spend money doing that every month and I am broke!! Oh well, hopefully at least 3 more goes then I can think about that...

Yay Butterfly's here.

Is it worth asking the doc about IUI, and your BF leaving you a sample? Must admit that's something that's even crossed my mind lately.

I'm taking 1800mg a day right now, but if my OH arrives home tonight then I'm stopping it now, in the previous cycle where I was only taking it for health benefits I took 500mg.

[Hi Northstar, finally got on to this group! How much EPO did you take by the way? I took 2 x 500mg last month and was 2 day late with AF (don't know if that was related) but would like to push for another day or 2 on top of that so i don't O before BF gets back from his trip in Aug.

Yay Butterfly's here.

Is it worth asking the doc about IUI, and your BF leaving you a sample? Must admit that's something that's even crossed my mind lately.

I'm taking 1800mg a day right now, but if my OH arrives home tonight then I'm stopping it now, in the previous cycle where I was only taking it for health benefits I took 500mg.

Thanks NS, I think I will take 1500 then as I have them in 500 capsules. I have IUI in the back of my mind so will investigate that I think and see what needs to be done, will get all the tests sorted first to see what the story is.

Hey Northstar, How do I put that lovely banner on my signature? I created one but I cant seem to insert it?

In other news, the OH emailed me at work to let me know he will be away almost definitely this month if I O during the week. He'll get back late next Friday night, and I may pick him up at the airport and get creative with some :sex: on the side of the road on the way home. :haha:

We just have to catch our eggie this month! I'm miscarrying right now :cry: and if my O goes on as normal which I heard it can, that's the scope of things. Otherwise, we shall see!!

Beautiful glittery babydust to all you lovely immaculate conceivers!

Hey Northstar, How do I put that lovely banner on my signature? I created one but I cant seem to insert it?

In other news, the OH emailed me at work to let me know he will be away almost definitely this month if I O during the week. He'll get back late next Friday night, and I may pick him up at the airport and get creative with some :sex: on the side of the road on the way home. :haha:

We just have to catch our eggie this month! I'm miscarrying right now :cry: and if my O goes on as normal which I heard it can, that's the scope of things. Otherwise, we shall see!!

Beautiful glittery babydust to all you lovely immaculate conceivers!

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Have heard that you can be extra fertile after an early loss though so FX for you nextt month.

The banner, you need to click on my banner and it will send you the website then you add the link of the banner website to your signature.

Thank you so much. It's really harder than I ever thought it would be.

I heard that too! FX that is true! :) We're so sad, but really trying to care for ourselves and each other this week/end and preparing for some major baby making next weekend. ;)

I made a banner but does the link have to be in a special format? Or in brackets or something? I am clearly technologically challenged! lol

Holdon2Hope - So sorry to hear about your loss. I had a chemical a few cycles back and it was torture. But as Northstar mentioned, I've read you are more fertile after a m/c. We didn't get to test the theory out b/c OH hasn't been home on time since!

I got my peak on my monitor today!!!!!!!!!! I was starting to think I wouldn't get one. We have BD everyday now for like a week. I guess we'll keep it up for the next few days and then cross our fingers and wait.
I'm trying to stay positive that I won't have to have a HSG done on the 19th b/c I'll get my :bfp: first!

Holdon2Hope - So sorry to hear about your loss. I had a chemical a few cycles back and it was torture. But as Northstar mentioned, I've read you are more fertile after a m/c. We didn't get to test the theory out b/c OH hasn't been home on time since!

I got my peak on my monitor today!!!!!!!!!! I was starting to think I wouldn't get one. We have BD everyday now for like a week. I guess we'll keep it up for the next few days and then cross our fingers and wait.
I'm trying to stay positive that I won't have to have a HSG done on the 19th b/c I'll get my :bfp: first!

Sounds like you're working at it really hard jodi, FX for you for this month, this sounds like an excellent chance for you.

My OH was totally OK'd by a migraine since he got home, we finally managed to get a BD in this afternoon as he was starting to feel better, will keep at it until the day after I get a + on opk/temperature shift, because this month there probably won't be an opportunity.

HoldOntoHope I went into "customise signature" and added to URL to the banner site that you can find by clicking on the banner

Hi girls! I want to join too! I am the one who is away all the time. I try really hard to schedule around my ovulation date but it is fickle and won't cooperate! Only been trying two months and we are 50/50 at least in doing our part. Two cycles off of BCP and I still don't have an idea when Oing will happen so I try hard not to get upset, but it's frustrating all the same. I have the feeling we will miss the mark this month as well. I have an appt with an oncologist all the same for a second opinion about some problems with my cervix. I'm scared. So hopefully he will be able to give me some good news or at least some better options.
:dust: to all of us!!!

Viking, i'm so glad you found your way here! I totally hear you! I feel like we might miss our O this month, but I am holding on to every last bit of positivity I can muster! :thumbup:

Welcome. It's nice to know we're all in this together. Here's to perfectly time O's and perfectly timed :sex: :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->