DH works away? Not around for fertile time? ^Team Immaculate Conception^

Aw sorry I didnt realise! Fingers crossed for you xx

Hi girls

Hows everyone today? Im feeling pretty positive and looking forward to DHs arrival in 12 days :)

xx

Hi girls

Hows everyone today? Im feeling pretty positive and looking forward to DHs arrival in 12 days :)

xx

That's not long at all! :)

I'm feeling pretty pessimistic. I've discovered how to check my cervix and all, just not sure what that means for my O since I can't read an OPK worth a damn. :haha::dohh:

I wouldnt know where to start with checking my cervix, the whole thing creeps me out if im being honest. I tried once but got too scared, lol! How are u finding it? Im usless at OPKs only started using them this cycle. Im hoping when its positive I will know.

Had lunch with my grandma on wed and I told her about all the things we are doing to help TTC. She thinks Im off my rocker, peeing on sticks and taking loads of supplements. She really helped to bring me down to earth a bit and reassured me that plenty of people were having babies long before we had all of this knowledge about TTCing and all of these contraptions to pee on!

So now Im trying to be more relaxed and just going to BD every other day while DH is home (Im still going to take my vitamins and Agnus Castus tho :))

xxxx

I wouldnt know where to start with checking my cervix, the whole thing creeps me out if im being honest. I tried once but got too scared, lol! How are u finding it? Im usless at OPKs only started using them this cycle. Im hoping when its positive I will know.

Had lunch with my grandma on wed and I told her about all the things we are doing to help TTC. She thinks Im off my rocker, peeing on sticks and taking loads of supplements. She really helped to bring me down to earth a bit and reassured me that plenty of people were having babies long before we had all of this knowledge about TTCing and all of these contraptions to pee on!

So now Im trying to be more relaxed and just going to BD every other day while DH is home (Im still going to take my vitamins and Agnus Castus tho :))

xxxx

Absolutely. But I think it makes a world of difference as times have changed.

I have to reach up pretty far and back to find it. It kinda feels like the opening is on the far side. :shrug::blush: I still don't necessarily know what it means though. lol

While I agree that people have always had babies, I also agree that it has always been difficult. Think about all the wives who were set aside because they were 'barren'.. while in reality it was probably wrong timing or a short LP or something.. :shrug:

I'm just glad I had my monitor! It really worked.. 1st month, then I gave it to my SIL... worked 1st month... crazy.

While I agree that people have always had babies, I also agree that it has always been difficult. Think about all the wives who were set aside because they were 'barren'.. while in reality it was probably wrong timing or a short LP or something.. :shrug:

I'm just glad I had my monitor! It really worked.. 1st month, then I gave it to my SIL... worked 1st month... crazy.

Yep indeedy. :winkwink:

Hi girls :) well DH is back tomoro and Ive had a nearly pos OPK today. Im hoping for a positive one tomoro. The timing was been perfect.

How are u all getting on? xxx

I'm ready to give up. We've been trying since February, this month I knew for sure it was it. My period was late, I had symptoms out the wazoo, even implantation cramps and spotting. Never got a :bfp: though.

Since my period came late, hubs will be leaving on day 9 for two weeks of work, of course too early to conceive. Next month looks like it will be the same. :cry:

This is too stressful to put myself through every month. I'm done.

It is very hard. We tried for 11 months before we got ours. Sometimes you just need to forget about trying and go on with your life. I was super obsessed in the beginning and then I got so frustrated, I was angry all the time. Then I got into some new hobbies and that got my mind off of it for a few months. Sadly, my hobby was horses and during the winter you can't really do much with the horses. So then I became obsessed again. There were a few months I thought - this is it, but it never was. The month we got ours I just knew, we timed it perfectly and really enjoyed the sex. We only had sex on two days, but it was the ones that count.

I hope for your sake that eventually it does happen for, it just takes longer for some. :hugs: And feel free to come back and vent if you ever need too.

It is very hard. We tried for 11 months before we got ours. Sometimes you just need to forget about trying and go on with your life. I was super obsessed in the beginning and then I got so frustrated, I was angry all the time. Then I got into some new hobbies and that got my mind off of it for a few months. Sadly, my hobby was horses and during the winter you can't really do much with the horses. So then I became obsessed again. There were a few months I thought - this is it, but it never was. The month we got ours I just knew, we timed it perfectly and really enjoyed the sex. We only had sex on two days, but it was the ones that count.

I hope for your sake that eventually it does happen for, it just takes longer for some. :hugs: And feel free to come back and vent if you ever need too.

It doesn't help that I'm anxious to name my next kiddo after my nephew who passed away a week ago, everyone around me is either announcing their pregnancy or recently has or will have a baby, and my three year old has gone baby crazy himself! He carries his spiderman and pats his back like a baby, lol.

I was telling DH today that I need to find a new hobby. I've gotten back into reading a lot, but I can finish a whole book in a matter of days and then I'm bored again. Aside from playing with my three year old, I don't know what else to get into. I'm not very creative. I don't like spending money when it's unnecessary.

Ever tried cross stitch or knitting? I've heard that can be an inexpensive hobby. If I wasn't so busy with our animals, work, and trying to get my law license I would definitely try it.

How about baking? I do that with DD 3 times a week, we love it!

How is everyone doing? Im testing in a week but Im really doubtful! Dont think we caught the egg (im still not 100% i actually Oved either)!! xx

I don't know how I missed this thread! I hope you ladies don't mind me joining in. I've been looking forever for ladies in the same situation as me. My OH works away on a rotational basis. Home 18 days and gone 18 days. He works on the other side of the country so traveling to where he is isn't an option.
We have been ttc our second child since June 2010. Of those 13 cycles the timing has been off completely for about 4 and not ideal for a few more. Looking good for next cycle though!!

Of course you are more than welcome. We don't talk as much as we used too, but feel free to post! I hope you get the egg soon!

so glad I found this, my DH works away for days at a time. We have been TTC #1 for over 3 years (he's only worked away for the past year) we did finally get pregnant last fall, but unfortunately I miscarried.

Hi ladies, can I join? I'm so excited to talk to anyone in the same position as me, and also quite happy that a couple of the original posters actually got their BFP since the thread began.

My OH works offshore 2 weeks on/2 weeks off, and we're pretty much guaranteed to miss my ov every time!

Last month I went to the doctors and took 5 days worth of mini BCP and it seemed to work to shift my cycle, extended my LP a week, so my ov the next month was later and in the time he was off (and he promptly hurt his back and was unable to DTD that day :cry:).

But I thought at least we were on schedule to try this month and so on....

Then bang last weekend (when i was on HOLIDAY to add insult to injury) my AF comes a week early, ie the day it would've been due without the mini BCP! So this week I expect to ov in the next couple of days BEFORE my OH gets home :nope:

I'm going back to the doctors this week to get another script for mini BCP but I'm not holding out much hope for the next few months of TTC, and with my cycle being 26 days by the next time he gets leave we might not be in with a shot by then either.

What other methods are you ladies trying to delay ov? I'm taking 1200mg EPO a day, as I've heard that can delay it.

Ladies I've made a banner for the group, not sure if I'm attaching this right...

https://i.imgur.com/qzzw8.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->