DH works away? Not around for fertile time? ^Team Immaculate Conception^

Hey ladies, I think I have replied on here before. My DH works away for 2-3 days at a time, so we're always praying for good timing. This was my first cycle on Clomid (timing is unfortunately not our only problem) so I was so worried it was going to be a waste if he wasn't even home when I was ovulating, and I only get 5 more cycles on Clomid before pulling out some big guns. Well, I really think I ovulated on Monday, FF says Tuesday (if I put in high temps for tomorrow). But I never got a positive OPK so I can't really confirm it. And I can't use CM this cycle really since Clomid can dry it up - I did take Robitussin twice a day for about a week though, and we used PreSeed twice. But anyway, I woke DH up yesterday morning at 5 am to BD before I went to work since he was going to be gone until Friday or Saturday by the time I got off work LOL. I'm going to keep the BD up to cover our bases in case I didn't ovulate already but I am really hoping I did as you all know how much more stressful this timing thing makes TTC.

I hope you all get your BFPs soon! :flower:

Pineapple Rock FX for you that the timing stacks up, it does definitely make it that much harder and more stressful when you are anxiously watching the calendar and trying to predict your body vs your Oh's work schedule.

How are you finding the Clomid? Any side effects so far apart from the dryness?

Thanks for the info on the EPO NS, I have tried to do the 1500mg but have failed a lot of the time and only managed 1000. I am rubbish at remembering to take stuff and am impressed at myself that I have only forgotten to take folic acid once in the last 4 months :happydance:

You've done well remembering the folic acid, I've managed to remember the EPO mostly because I've been sitting in front of an ovulation spreadsheet and my OH's work timetable every day :coffee: trying to second guess if he'll get home on time etc.

This month I thought I'd throw some fish oil capsules in as well, not so much for TTC but for general health as I don't tend to eat oily fish apart from smoked salmon. Today was day 2 and these capsules are GINORMOUS, and whilst I was choking it down I read the side of the box and it says not to take when TTC....wonder why?

Thanks for the info on the EPO NS, I have tried to do the 1500mg but have failed a lot of the time and only managed 1000. I am rubbish at remembering to take stuff and am impressed at myself that I have only forgotten to take folic acid once in the last 4 months :happydance:

You've done well remembering the folic acid, I've managed to remember the EPO mostly because I've been sitting in front of an ovulation spreadsheet and my OH's work timetable every day :coffee: trying to second guess if he'll get home on time etc.

This month I thought I'd throw some fish oil capsules in as well, not so much for TTC but for general health as I don't tend to eat oily fish apart from smoked salmon. Today was day 2 and these capsules are GINORMOUS, and whilst I was choking it down I read the side of the box and it says not to take when TTC....wonder why?

Sorry this is a bit vague NS but I think I read somewhere that you should not have too much oily fish while ttc - maybe only 2-3 times a week. I actually eat a lot of salmon (oily?!) and you saying this has only just reminded me that I read it somewhere!

It's funny Butterfly cos since we've been TTC I'm suddenly second guessing every single thing I put in my mouth or drink, while my OH has merrily continued drinking tons of Coke and smoking (not heavily but still!) and quite possibly living on cheese sandwiches and chocolate biscuits the whole time he's at work.

Where the justice? LOL :growlmad:

Pineapple Rock FX for you that the timing stacks up, it does definitely make it that much harder and more stressful when you are anxiously watching the calendar and trying to predict your body vs your Oh's work schedule.

How are you finding the Clomid? Any side effects so far apart from the dryness?

Well I got my positive OPK this morning. DH came home around 4 am, and I woke him up at 10 to :sex: he is supposed to report back to work tonight but I'm hoping he can stay home "sick" until Sunday so we can :sex: tomorrow morning and Sunday morning before church.

The Clomid hasn't been too bad. For the 5 days I was taking it, my vision was a little messed up. I've had a lot of hot flashes the past few days, but I don't know if it's the heat wave or side effects of the Clomid. Really the main things is the CM difference. I'm used to days of EWCM. I've used PreSeed internally a few times, and been taking plain Robitussin to hopefully help.

NS, I feel the same way! While my OH is generally a very healthy guy, he still can throw back a few! He's Irish. :haha: lol I also get jealous because he runs his butt off like I used to, but I've reduced my heavy running (though I'm technically marathon training for a late fall race). Ugh.

It seems like everyone these days is having CM issues. I just OPK'd and it was much much closer to +. I'm guessing it'll be + tonight or tomorrow when I test. I might test 3 times tomorrow (1 a bit earlier-- maybe around 11AM) just in case. I don't want to miss it! My CM is still watery/creamy. :shrug:

Hope - I am going back to the IC opks so I can merrily test away 3 times a day, plus I like how the line gets gradually darker for a day or so in advance, as I have heard it is more likely the :sex: you have in the couple of days leading up to O than on the day itself.

Pineapple Rock sneaky strategy getting him to call in sick :thumbup: like it.
My OH doesn't drink alcohol but I so wish he would stop smoking, not just for TTC but in general for health purposes:dohh:. I have got him eating a LOT better than when we first started our relationship, so thats one good thing.

Butterfly hmm interesting about the fish, I guess the only oily one I eat is smoked salmon but prob only 100g a week, well I think I'll give the fishoil capsules away.

Been doing the IC OPKs as I have loads and just got a positive! Have IMd BF and he is coming up to mine tonight but I am supposed to be going to a wedding and won't be back til late. Bless him he is a star, will leave a key out and he'll be hopefully there when I get in.

Been doing the IC OPKs as I have loads and just got a positive! Have IMd BF and he is coming up to mine tonight but I am supposed to be going to a wedding and won't be back til late. Bless him he is a star, will leave a key out and he'll be hopefully there when I get in.

Good luck with the babymaking tonight Butterfly

One of these days you have to tell me the story of you and the BF he sounds like a special guy.:thumbup:

Good luck Butterfly! Yes! I would love to hear all about your BF too. :)

I tested this morning at 11 and had a neg and then again at 4:30 and got another neg. I am going to screeeeeeam! I have to have a positive tonight, so everyone say it with me now-- "Dear (whomever you pray to), give Hope a big old positive OPK tonight and some major baby dancing tonight and tomorrow!!" :thumbup: haha

Good luck Butterfly! Yes! I would love to hear all about your BF too. :)

I tested this morning at 11 and had a neg and then again at 4:30 and got another neg. I am going to screeeeeeam! I have to have a positive tonight, so everyone say it with me now-- "Dear (whomever you pray to), give Hope a big old positive OPK tonight and some major baby dancing tonight and tomorrow!!" :thumbup: haha

FX for you :thumbup: even if it doesn't turn positive do it anyway, it might go positive on Sunday and then you've got some :spermy: up there ready to get into your egg!

AFM, I'm having a relaxing weekend as o is well and truly over, unfortunately my OH has a family member in crisis, so we're not getting the time together, so instead I'm watching True Blood and going to the gym :haha:

Glad you see you're relaxing and taking care of yourself NS! After O is my favorite part of the cycle. No more stressing about hitting the mark and just waiting it out hopefilled. :) Baby dust your way for a sticky little bean!

I am hopeful I either O'd and didn't notice so the spermies form the BDing this weekend will catch that eggy, or that I won't get a positive until Wednesday or Thursday night when OH is back. We bought some CB smiley tests today. :shrug: Hopefully that will shed a little more light on all this business.

I'm still restricting my fluid intake but I might just have to have a 1/2 glass of wine with dinner tonight on the deck. Mama is stressed! :haha:

Glad you see you're relaxing and taking care of yourself NS! After O is my favorite part of the cycle. No more stressing about hitting the mark and just waiting it out hopefilled. :) Baby dust your way for a sticky little bean!

I am hopeful I either O'd and didn't notice so the spermies form the BDing this weekend will catch that eggy, or that I won't get a positive until Wednesday or Thursday night when OH is back. We bought some CB smiley tests today. :shrug: Hopefully that will shed a little more light on all this business.

I'm still restricting my fluid intake but I might just have to have a 1/2 glass of wine with dinner tonight on the deck. Mama is stressed! :haha:

Aaah that having to keep the fluids down for 2 hours so you can POAS thing is such a pain :wacko:

For next cycle I just ordered some more IC opks, plus I have some midstream ones for days when I'm in the office. The smiley ones are supposed to be good, but I like with the dye ones how you can see the line getting darker as ov approaches.

You should for sure have a glass of wine for your stress, I had two beers Friday night, very nice it was too.

Hey ladies!! How is everyone?

My chart is a little different this cycle. I'm thinking it's bad different, not good different. My temps are a little lower than usual. It's still early but I'm not feeling it's going to be my month.
Not sure when to expect AF. The last 2 cycles my LP was only 8 days. I was taking a B complex and am assuming that's what did it as it's the only thing I was doing different. Just my luck that something that should extend your LP would shorten mine!! My normal LP length is 11 days.
I poas this am but of course it was a :bfn: WAY to early, I know! Hoping that I got it out of my system and can wait now until AF is due. Anyone else testing soon?

Aaah that having to keep the fluids down for 2 hours so you can POAS thing is such a pain :wacko:

For next cycle I just ordered some more IC opks, plus I have some midstream ones for days when I'm in the office. The smiley ones are supposed to be good, but I like with the dye ones how you can see the line getting darker as ov approaches.

You should for sure have a glass of wine for your stress, I had two beers Friday night, very nice it was too.

I bought the digital smiley tests so I could confirm a positive on the IC tests. Sometimes those lines are hard to read - is it darker? LOL. With the smiley there was no questions.

My chart is a little different this cycle. I'm thinking it's bad different, not good different. My temps are a little lower than usual. It's still early but I'm not feeling it's going to be my month.
Not sure when to expect AF. The last 2 cycles my LP was only 8 days. I was taking a B complex and am assuming that's what did it as it's the only thing I was doing different. Just my luck that something that should extend your LP would shorten mine!! My normal LP length is 11 days.
I poas this am but of course it was a :bfn: WAY to early, I know! Hoping that I got it out of my system and can wait now until AF is due. Anyone else testing soon?

I'm only 3 dpo, so I'm not testing until next Wednesday - seems so far away!

Great to hear about the smileys! I am trying them for the first time today at 2PM. They seem a little confusing, but I guess just because they are new.

I am on CD16, still with no +OPK, jodi. :wacko: Usually comes around CD11 for me, but then again, I mc'd last cycle so it might have throw me out of sorts a bit. :shrug: Hoping for a + on Wed or Thurs so hubby will be here to :sex: before we go away (together this time!!) on the weekend.

I love the smiley's.. I even used them to confirm my CBFM.

Sorry to hear that Jodi, last cycle was my first one on EPO and my LP was suddenly 8 days too, compared to normally 16 days - big difference, but in a BAD way also, late O and early AF:wacko:.

Have you stopped taking the B complex this cycle? DPO7 is too early to test I think, your temps could still go up.

Does go to show that everyone can react differently to these supplements, I've seen so many conflicting reports on the forum about different reactions to stuff like soy isoflavones etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->