Did you get a push present?

I feel bad so many people said they're baby was they're present! I hope starting this post didnt make me sound shallow!

Of course LO was all I wanted/needed :cloud9:

But if DH wants to buy me a present I'm not gonna stop him :haha:

Nah, you don't sound shallow - I think we deserve a little present after what we go through. Shame my hubby doesn't feel the same.. :rofl:

Am going to stop reading this post now, am getting irrationally jealous...

I got my baby too :)
I would've quite liked a present, but my DH isn't really that thoughtful. A couple of my friends brought me flowers and balloons :)
xx

Current OH bought me what I really really wanted after both my daughters....

A takeaway :haha:

First time was pizza, second was a Big Mac

I dont call mine a 'push present' though, liam wouldnt know what that was! I just consider the little treats i got after to be a gift for having Harrison. Not for pushing him out, but for giving Liam his son. :cloud9:

the most i got was some dairylea dunkers... which i dont like, so OH got to eat them anyway!

Not Immediatly but it was out 5th wedding anniversary a couple of months after Isaac was born so I got a beautiful diamond eternity ring!

I had an ELCS... Husband said I didn't push, so don't deserve a "push present" :D

BUT we have bought and renovated a house since then and I am test driving for a new car this weekend... Plus we have had a couple of great holidays since, so I am spoilt enough :)

I got WINE! haha and a nice tidy house, all the washing done, a take away for dinner and to this day ive still not done a night feed lol

I feel bad so many people said they're baby was they're present! I hope starting this post didnt make me sound shallow!

Of course LO was all I wanted/needed :cloud9:

But if DH wants to buy me a present I'm not gonna stop him :haha:

I was very well looked after by my family and friends too :)

You don't sound shallow.
I've just never heard of such a thing. I never considered getting a present for something that was going to have to happen at the end of the pregnancy.

When I was pregnant I told my OH about something I'd read about push presents and he just laughed!

Id never actually heard of push presents til i saw this thread :shrug:

I think the term Push Present is just something thought up by the media as a sound bite though.

It is traditional to be given a gift on the birth of your first baby and it is usually an eternity ring to symbolise the circle of life as well as eternal love.

[Link removed at websites request]

Push Present just makes it a bit more media friendly to describe.

I love my ring and I don't care if it makes me sound greedy or selfish that I got one. There aren't many occasions where getting a platinum and diamond ring is only the second best thing that happened that day but the day LO was born was one of them for me lol.

But we did break the tradition slightly. The ring wasn't given to me when I had our first child or even our second, because of the way that we lost them both but they are included in the symbol of it for us and LO''s birth was the moment where we knew we were right not to lose hope and keep trying for another baby through all the hurt and pain. It's special to me for more than one reason and for all three of my babies.

Well I hinted and hinted to OH that you are supposed to get a ring for the birth of your first (my mum got a diamond eternity ring from my dad when she had me). But I didn't get anything!

I think the term Push Present is just something thought up by the media as a sound bite though.

It is traditional to be given a gift on the birth of your first baby and it is usually an eternity ring to symbolise the circle of life as well as eternal love.

https://www.purelydiamonds.co.uk/pu...20/eternity-rings-the-history-and-traditions/

Push Present just makes it a bit more media friendly to describe.

I love my ring and I don't care if it makes me sound greedy or selfish that I got one. There aren't many occasions where getting a platinum and diamond ring is only the second best thing that happened that day but the day LO was born was one of them for me lol.

But we did break the tradition slightly. The ring wasn't given to me when I had our first child or even our second, because of the way that we lost them both but they are included in the symbol of it for us and LO''s birth was the moment where we knew we were right not to lose hope and keep trying for another baby through all the hurt and pain. It's special to me for more than one reason and for all three of my babies.

That sounds like something the jewelry people thought up to sell more rings. Just like the diamond people made up the whole diamond engagement ring 'tradition'. Nothing wrong with it if it's something you want.

Id never actually heard of push presents til i saw this thread :shrug:

My hubby's awful cousin "demands" a push present from her husband and was actually discussing what she expected from her husband after she had her third (she wasn't even pregnant by this point).

No, no push present for me.

Hopefully I'll get a nice mothers day present, but saying that, Ethan was my push present and even if I don't get anything for mothers day, just having him is enough. I know that might sound corny, but when I think of my friend who no longer has her boys with her, no mothers day present would compare than that of having her children sat beside her, so in that way of thinking, it's changed my outlook a bit. Anything else is just a bonus. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->