Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

I am trying to be very very calm right now...but I am having a serious panic attack. Ian just called me from work to tell me that after next week his boss has no work for him and so he will be out of a job. I have no idea what the hell we are going to do at all. We live in a severely depressed area and jobs are not plentiful at all. Never in a million years would I have thought this was ever going to happen. He has a great job but they just have no work right now. I'm really scared...

I hope he finds some work Gibs :hugs:

I think I have made the decision to formula feed full time now. I haven't quite made up my mind, but after the feed in the night, my nipple is still so sore - it's been stinging! So not sure what that's all about, but I am not enjoying this at all. He's already got what he needed in the first couple weeks, and so if I quit now, I don't feel as bad. I just don't think breastfeeding is for me.

nice pic Luce! I never wrote a birthing plan at all. It was basically get the baby out of me lol!

Do what is best for your, Mel! I loved BFing....I had some super sore nipples around 4-6 weeks I remember, but a few months in, those nipples are so used to anything they don't get sore lol. But you are totally right, you have given him lots of good stuff in the first month. Any BFing is better than nothing at all!! Every day you've done it is a good thing. :)

Virginia, I'm so sorry! Isn't he entitled to some kind of unemployment benefit? Especially since he's not quitting, he's being laid off?

Just read back a page....

Lucy, I love the scan pic! I wrote in your journal. What a cute baby you are cooking. :)

Mel, I would stick with the original date, too. What did you decide?>

V I'm so sorry that must be very worrying for you is there any support you can get? Hopefully work will pick up for them.

Mel you have to do what's right for you and Riley. Those first few weeks are so important and you've given him that which is great.

My friend came round this morning with her little boy who is 2 tomorrow and her little girl who is 6 weeks. We met through a new mums group when the boys were babies and have a very similar history it was lovely to see them and meet her little girl. It was good for Benjamin to see me with a baby too and he was ok got a little jealous when I was holding her but just because he wanted a cuddle he came up sat next to me so I could give him a cuddle he cuddle me and put his arm round the baby then went of to play so sweet.

Well he can go on EI but the issue is that he works seasonally already and if he took EI now he would be using what he normally uses in the winter. And they only pay you 55% of your income. And with me being on EI right now it would be tough. My dad is trying to get him hired right now at his work, which is a huge lumber yard partially owned by Home Hardware which would be a great place to work because they have benefits and are pretty relaxed about vacations. Its a great place to work and my Dad has lots of friends there so now we are considering making the move even if his boss does come up with work. Especially because things with his boss have been really strange this year. Ian's boss takes huge advantage of him. And treats him like crap sometimes, but because Ian has worked for him for a long time and he is a very loyal person he always makes excuses for him. So we have a lot to think about.

I just realized my ticker says I have 58 days to go...holy crap that snuck up on me. lol

hopefully he gets the job! and it sure does sneak up on you. before you know it, that baby will be here :)

Thanks girls! I have decided to formula feed now and trying to stop my milk production. I am taking vitamin b6 and holding off until I can no longer take it, and then hand express some milk out.

I am busy trying to get everything packed as I am leaving tomorrow for a whole month. I don't really want to be gone that long, but Gord works 10 on and 4 off....on his next days off he is playing in a golf tournament, so I have to wait until the next set of days off before he can fly down and drive home with me. Which reminds me, I better get his flight booked for that as well

Yuck...so sometimes when I am bored I go and check out the "preg tests" section. Well today I found this girl who had the rudest, most negative comments on everyone's pictures! Like one was a clearly dried out line and she put "It should be darker by 13 dpo" and another comment she made was on an FRER pic that said "Thats obviously a bad batch. Your definitely not pregnant." She was SO mean on so many different posts! I wanted to give her a right good slap upside the head! What is wrong with people?

V hope Ian gets the job.

That is disgusting I don't understand people who can be like that why be mean especially when these women are looking for support.

Afm: well I've been back to hospital today after having contractions during the night they were regular then stopped then started again but stopped didn't feel to good so spoke to my midwife who told me call Labour ward they wanted me to come into the fetal assessment unit which I did poor Steve & Benjamin not much fun for them. They monitored baby on ctg machine baby's hb was good and I was getting movements. They said there was definitely something going on as I was getting contractions saw the dr who did a speculum exam she took swabs & checked my cervix (which took her awhile) which is closed but on doing the exam I bleed. Bleeding has stopped but have a lot of pain. They sent me home to rest and keep an eye on things if contractions start again & become regular I have to go back in. The dr said I have a irritable uterus but she wouldn't be surprised if Im back in in the next few days in labour. I feel exhausted but can't sleep my boys are both sleeping. Oh and baby's head is engaged this is all new to me so don't know if that means much with regard to going into labour.

You can be engaged for awhile...sometimes people refer to it as having "dropped" I was engaged with MeMe for almost 2 weeks.

Hi ladies sorry I've not been on for ages, been busy selling our house and buying another. Hoping to move in 3 or 4 weeks time.

Lucy sounds like its all been happening for you. Hope baba stays put a bit longer, but I'm sure everything will be fine though if your lo decides to make an early appearance.

Gibs, hope Ian manages to find some more work

Mel, have you decided what to do about your wedding yet? Hope you can get it sorted

I'm so sorry I've forgotten what else I've read back, but hi to everyone x

Afm, I've decided to find out the sex of my bubs. Booked in for a gender scan on Sunday. Wasn't going to find out, but I can't resist this time

Holy crap your 15 weeks already! haha Did you buy Lucy's house? lol

Had my scan today and baba is :pink:

Really happy, although Mal is quite shocked at having to cope with 2 girls! :haha:

Hope everyone is well x

Congrats Sugar!! Two little girls! That is going to be so much fun!! :) :hugs:

Yay Sugar!!! A sister for Charlotte will be amazing.

Sorry I haven't been on much girls. I'm still on Cape Cod and our connection is terrible. I'm reading though. We're back home on Thursday and I'll catch up then. xo

Congrats Sugar....two girls and so much sweetness :)

I think we are moving the wedding. Everyone can move it and it doesn't cost us anything. The only upside to moving it is that I have the extra months to lose the weight I want to lose.

I found my wedding dress!! It's between two that I really like. They are similar with slight differences, so I have to decide which one I prefer more then the other. They are Kenneth Winston Styles 1472 and 1422 if you want to go look. They are Private Label by G if you google, and then enter in those style numbers. I am going to come back to Cold Lake in November with some of my bridesmaids and try them on with them here to give me feedback, and then order it. I tried them on with just my mom and she wasn't much help lol.

Wow Luce, hope you are doing ok. Sounds like that baby wants to come out early for you.

I have no clue what else I read now lol, sorry!! I keep having to run back to the baby...he keeps falling asleep in my arms, and I go and put him down and he wakes up :/

Mel finding your wedding dress is exiting I ended up having to choose between but they were in 2 different shops my mum and I went for lunch then I went back and tried them both they were beautiful but I just knew which one was the right one and my mum cried. Can't get the pics up on my phone at least not big enough to see will have a look main computer tomorrow.

Congrats Sugar another little girl so happy for you.

Well I don't know what is going on with my body sent most of the weekend having contractions on and off but nothing has happened. It's been a enoion and worrying time I know Im at a good gestation same as when Benjamin was born just want this baby here safe and sound. Been finding it all a bit emotionl. Sunday I had contraction every 15-20mins and were more painful than they had been with lower back pain it when on for about 5 hours really thought that out baby was coming but then they just stopped.

Saw midwife and baby is doing well such a relief as little one had been quiter today good hb bed responsive. Baby's head is 2/5ths engaged and in a good position. She said this could go on for the next 4 weeks Im already so tired in every way shape & form and poor Steve is completely on edge. They are going to see me every week from now on and she said to just call if I had any concerns. I was very emotionl when I saw her literally sat down and burst into tears.

Amanda hope you are having a good time on cape cod.

Lucy - I had contractions for about 3 weeks before I had MeMe. I found every night when I went to sleep they went away. It was scary at first because I hadn't had that with Aurora but I just tried to relax as much as possible, mind you we were moving then. I think when you really do go into labor it will be quick and efficient as your uterus has had lots of practice.

AFM...If one more person says "WOW you still have 8 weeks! Your HUGE!" I'm gonna go Jackie Chan on their ass. I've gained 7 pounds for crying out loud! And I'm really not that big. I think starting out as a big momma is hindering their ability to realize that telling someone their huge is a surefire way to get a nasty response. That didn't make any sense...but in my head it did. I need a nap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->