Does Anyone Else Not Test Early? JOIN US (12 BFP So Far!)

Noo and baby1wanted: It's so exciting to see you both and your pregnancies! I can't wait to see that first scan from both of you! How are the babies treating you?

Noo, I hope you don't mind me asking? But did you plan on having a larger age gap between children or has it just happened that way?? I ask, as our LO is 3 and a half soon and we're are currently talking about postponing ttc for a year or so as OH has just lost his job and I'm self employed so I need to go back to work!.... it's so rubbish so I'm hoping a larger age gap will be nice! I know you don't know yet, but has your ds enjoyed being an only?

Noo, I hope you don't mind me asking? But did you plan on having a larger age gap between children or has it just happened that way?? I ask, as our LO is 3 and a half soon and we're are currently talking about postponing ttc for a year or so as OH has just lost his job and I'm self employed so I need to go back to work!.... it's so rubbish so I'm hoping a larger age gap will be nice! I know you don't know yet, but has your ds enjoyed being an only?

Personally I'd have preferred a gap of only 2-3 years but I was only 18 when I had Coby (well JUST 19 as he was due on my birthday). I went back to college for 2 years when he was 15 months and planned to have a baby after that if I didn't get in uni first application (midwifery is VERY competitive) but I did get in first time so was at uni for 3 years doing my degree. Then needed a job as a midwife (bloody difficult to get - though qual Sept 2011 and started work March 2012) and was TTC from Feb 2012. I did naively think I'd get pregnant fairly quickly though!

Noo and baby1wanted: It's so exciting to see you both and your pregnancies! I can't wait to see that first scan from both of you! How are the babies treating you?

Thanks SlimBrit! I'm fine really - quite tired all day and nauseous/dizzy in the mornings but I'm more than happy for any sign of pregnancy to reassure me I'm not making it all up! Will def post scan pics :)
Will be keeping checking in on this thread regularly as it was such a lifeline to me whilst TTC - sending everyone on here all the :dust: in the world

Oh no I'm so sorry about OH's work - hope it gets sorted and you can get back to TTC soon! There's 6 years between me and my sister and we are inseparable :)

yay baby1!!!! good to hear everything is going well :)

Toms - I'm sorry about OH's work! Actually just like baby1, my sister and I are 6yrs apart and we are like two peas in a pod! I hope everything gets sorted out soon and that you'll be able to get back to TTC soon!! :hugs:

Personally I'd have preferred a gap of only 2-3 years but I was only 18 when I had Coby (well JUST 19 as he was due on my birthday). I went back to college for 2 years when he was 15 months and planned to have a baby after that if I didn't get in uni first application (midwifery is VERY competitive) but I did get in first time so was at uni for 3 years doing my degree. Then needed a job as a midwife (bloody difficult to get - though qual Sept 2011 and started work March 2012) and was TTC from Feb 2012. I did naively think I'd get pregnant fairly quickly though!

It's annoying how life changes your plans!.... Glad it's worked out for you though, atleast now you have a good career ahead of you :) That's one thing I need to concentrate on really before ttc again! I have a career but have been out of it for 3 years now that I feel like any longer and I'll be at square 1 with no one hiring me!!!.... I sort of put it in the background as OH had his job. But there you go!

Thanks Baby1 and Koj. I have heard that it's more about personality rather than age gap x

Is anyone experiencing shortness of breath?? I started feeling that today while cleaning the house. Everything is taking me double the time because I'm getting winded really easily. My symptoms have kicked up a notch since this morning especially the headache, nausea and bloating uuuhhgg!!

I started getting mild nausea today. Hopefully thats a good sign.

No wine for me...gives me headaches, which I have had quite enough of recently. But chocolate, I can eat chocolate :D.

I am on the phone now with my husband's insurance, trying to figure out how much we have in our HRA account. I think we are going to start doing some fertility testing, and see what we're up against. Our daughter is 11 years old, and we've not used bc in 7.5 years.

AF arrived today :witch:

Totally expected but still kinda crushed..
this TTC thing is starting to get to me so I think I'm going to take a break. I will check on you all from time to time but am planning to minimize my BnB time.

Good luck to you all!!! :dust:

So sorry Koj - you know my advice - wine and chocolate, wine and chocolate!
Taking a break from B&B can be good - when I was only checking in weekly I felt just as much supported, especially on this thread, but it wasn't taking over my life. Wishing you tons of luck and all the baby dust in the world for your next cycle
:hugs: :dust: :hugs:

Aww no! I'm so sorry Koj :( I had such a good feeling for you this month too :(

:dust:

Hi ladies! Just discovered this board while browsing - what a great initiative! My AF is due on Sunday, I am trying to push testing to Monday, since last month AF came a day late. On Tuesday, my husband set up any appointment for a sperm test so if it's BFP, I need to know before that or we waste quite a lot of money!

I don't know if I can wait until Monday though! It's taking every part of me to wait each day, never mind wait an extra day after due AF :D Would you guys test Sunday or wait until Monday??

AF arrived today :witch:

Totally expected but still kinda crushed..
this TTC thing is starting to get to me so I think I'm going to take a break. I will check on you all from time to time but am planning to minimize my BnB time.

Good luck to you all!!! :dust:

:hugs::hugs: so sorry about the witch buddy! we all need time away from BnB once in a while, take as much time as possible,it'll do you good. and we are all here for you :hugs:

when you get that BFP it'll all seem worth it.:thumbup:

Hi ladies! Just discovered this board while browsing - what a great initiative! My AF is due on Sunday, I am trying to push testing to Monday, since last month AF came a day late. On Tuesday, my husband set up any appointment for a sperm test so if it's BFP, I need to know before that or we waste quite a lot of money!

I don't know if I can wait until Monday though! It's taking every part of me to wait each day, never mind wait an extra day after due AF :D Would you guys test Sunday or wait until Monday??

Good luck! I'd wait until Monday, if there's nothing pressing happening at work. My af is avg. 28 days but sometimes waits until 30. Hated seeing bfn more than af...

Good luck! I'd wait until Monday, if there's nothing pressing happening at work. My af is avg. 28 days but sometimes waits until 30. Hated seeing bfn more than af...

Ok I will wait till Monday! This will be a very trying time :wacko: I won't buy a PT (is that the right acronym for pregnancy test ?) until Sunday.

Hi ladies. Tested today and bfn. Still no AF. And CD 38

AF got me... on CD 34 (17 DPO). Bah humbug... Well, onto next month, and I will, once again, NOT test early! I hope to see some BFP's on here, ladies! I'll keep stalking! <3

PS Am going to try and forget that I have recently
1) Stopped taking prenatal vitamins
2) Thrown myself down mountains on 2 long thin pieces of plastic
3) Drank more than most can manage in a week
4) Eaten the world of soft cheese
Not looking forward to telling the doctor this.... :blush:

OMG Baby, I just saw this now, huge congrats to you lady, I am SO happy for you! I look forward to catching up with you on the refugee thread.

PS Before I got my BFP I had been away on a boozy weekend with my DH and no harm done thus far so don't worry!

Koj, I think taking a break sometimes can be a great thing to do for you own well being, (doesn't mean I won't miss seeing you on the boards though). I hope all goes well and look forward to see you back here posting about your BFP very soon!

Sending you huge :hugs: Buddy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"