Does Anyone Else Not Test Early? JOIN US (12 BFP So Far!)

How exciting Ourlilflu. Hope that line keeps getting darker and darker for you.

Just stumbled across this post and since I've resolved this month to NOT be an early tester I thought it'd be nice to have some people to "keep me accountable" so to speak. So I'm Amber (username is an old writing pen name), I'm going to be 22 on June 25th, we started to TTC our first in March. I have a regular cycle and no fertility issues and my hubby has none as far as we're aware. I've had a couple chemicals that I caught by testing early, hence my resolve to not test early anymore. I don't want the elation then the heartbreak again. I won't test til AF is due. AF is due the 17th. I'm not even BUYING tests until that morning. I may go as far as getting them Sunday just so I don't have to do the "I really have to pee" dance in the check out line at the store just so I can use FMU.

Symptoms so far: Not really a lot. I've been crazy gassy (TMI, sorry) and that's all I've noticed til today. Every now and then I'll feel as if I've done a gazillion sit ups or something. It's like this odd tightness in my abdomen. Dunno if it's a symptom. I'm trying to avoid "looking" for symptoms. It makes me crazy.

Welcome ValDante! :hi: This is a great thread, lots of lovely supportive ladies. Not long to go for you now, hoping this is your cycle! :flower:

baby1: Thanks very much. I'm getting to that "Is it Monday yet? Come on, I really wanna test now" point. But I just told my hubby I'm not even allowed to purchase pregnancy tests until late Sunday night at the earliest and since we're going to his parent's Sunday for Father's Day we will be home late which means I won't have a chance to hit the store before bed. So it looks like I'll be doing the "have to pee" mad dash through Wal-Mart Monday! Hahah!

OurLilFlu: Congrats on your BFP!

So normally by now I crave massive amounts of salty foods. It's practically all I crave. Hubby made curly fries with the burgers a couple nights ago and I kinda just turned my nose at them. Mind you, I'm super serious about curly fries. I can't get enough of em. Today, apparently my body thinks 10 hours of sleep isn't enough and I sorta feel light headed. Still got the gas thing going on but not as bad as it's been. Here's hoping Monday will bring me a nice, CLEAR BFP!

baby1: Thanks very much. I'm getting to that "Is it Monday yet? Come on, I really wanna test now" point. But I just told my hubby I'm not even allowed to purchase pregnancy tests until late Sunday night at the earliest and since we're going to his parent's Sunday for Father's Day we will be home late which means I won't have a chance to hit the store before bed. So it looks like I'll be doing the "have to pee" mad dash through Wal-Mart Monday! Hahah!

So normally by now I crave massive amounts of salty foods. It's practically all I crave. Hubby made curly fries with the burgers a couple nights ago and I kinda just turned my nose at them. Mind you, I'm super serious about curly fries. I can't get enough of em. Today, apparently my body thinks 10 hours of sleep isn't enough and I sorta feel light headed. Still got the gas thing going on but not as bad as it's been. Here's hoping Monday will bring me a nice, CLEAR BFP!

amber with this pregnancy I just had. I was gassy tired and felt a weird tightness like I had done situps. goodluck.

amber with this pregnancy I just had. I was gassy tired and felt a weird tightness like I had done situps. goodluck.

With me right now it's kind of this weird unmotivated, I don't wanna do anything feeling. It's like I have no energy to do stuff. I am also getting crampy-ness and had some nausea and sore bbs. I have had the occasional off and on feeling of sore muscles and this weird pinching/pulling sensation near my uterus if I lay on my back.

I love that there is a whole thread for people who don't test early! My first two months of TTC, I was a little crazy and tested early, but now that I've settled in to the routine I don't test early anymore.

This month it might be pretty hard not to test early though. First, I ovulated super early at CD 5/6 (6 DPO right now and AF not due until around July 4) and BDing was well timed and second I'm flying out Thursday morning for a girls weekend with my best friend which usually means copious amounts of wine which obviously can't happen if I'm pregnant. So I'll probably test early even though I'll only be about 10dpo in light of the trip. Fully expecting a BFN.

So basically I want to join this thread, but this month probably isn't the best to do it. :)

I love that there is a whole thread for people who don't test early! My first two months of TTC, I was a little crazy and tested early, but now that I've settled in to the routine I don't test early anymore.

This month it might be pretty hard not to test early though. First, I ovulated super early at CD 5/6 (6 DPO right now and AF not due until around July 4) and BDing was well timed and second I'm flying out Thursday morning for a girls weekend with my best friend which usually means copious amounts of wine which obviously can't happen if I'm pregnant. So I'll probably test early even though I'll only be about 10dpo in light of the trip. Fully expecting a BFN.

So basically I want to join this thread, but this month probably isn't the best to do it. :)

Welcome Pirate! :hi: This is a lovely thread to be part of :happydance:
I was naughty this cycle and tested early for similar reasons - at 11 dpo I had a weekend full of alcohol coming up and needed to know. It was a good job I did test early as completely unexpectedly I got my BFP :flower: Good luck!

Welcome Pirate! :hi: This is a lovely thread to be part of :happydance:
I was naughty this cycle and tested early for similar reasons - at 11 dpo I had a weekend full of alcohol coming up and needed to know. It was a good job I did test early as completely unexpectedly I got my BFP :flower: Good luck!

Congratulations on the BFP!!!! I would love to get mine this month too! I've already come up with a cute way to to tell DH if it happens this month. Conception would have happened for my birthday so I'm going to tell him something along the lines of the plane ticket to see my friend wasn't the only birthday gift that he gave me.

belated congrats ourlilflu! H&H 9months!!

and welcome to all the new folks! This is m favorite thread ever and now the only thread I post on other than my TTC journal :)

baby1 - I like your new profile pic!

Sorry I've been really bad keeping up with the thread recently!
I had a really rough week or so.. just really hectic at work and then got a UTI and had to go to the ER last weekend.. this weekend we went away on a trip with some friends and I hurt my knee.. I think I'm just getting old.. blah.

Anyway, between the busy life, UTI, and going away for the weekend we only got to BD on the 2nd peak day this cycle which means I could have totally missed it. So I don't really have much hope if at all. On top of that, my cbfm didn't ask me to pee on a stick until cd 17 (probaby coz I O'ed really late last cycle) at which point I had already O'ed (confirmed with OPK). I'm starting to think that cbfm is not as great as people say it is.

Ok, let me stop being a negative Nancy now..! I need to get out of this funk!!

Well, ladies, AF came right on time. A perfect 26 day cycle just like always with my 13 day LP :(

I have one more shot before I'm out of the TTC game for about 9 months while hubby goes to shut down Afghanistan. So I'm gonna go "all out". I'm going back to temping, I'm going to go buy some soft cups and figure out how to use them (cause I've never used em lol), might see if Maca root or Evening Primrose Oil is right for me (both are for helping build EWCM I believe), and I'm for sure going to use Pre-seed. And since I watched What to Expect When You're Expecting and in it Wendy (Elizabeth Banks) got drunk the night of her ovulation and got her BFP after two years so I MIGHT just have to have a bunch of wine the night I know I'm ovulating hahahahahaha! Okay, I'm gonna stop sounding crazy.

May I join? I have recently joined the do not test early club after months of heartbreaking BFNs and three CPs. If I wouldn't have tested early I would have never known about the CPs. I would start testing at about 8 DPO because there are so many girls out there that get BFPs at 8 DPO and then when I didn't I got so sad. Also when I tested early and got the faint BFP only to get my AF right on time or a day late it just tore me apart. I have to DS already that came so easily and #3 has taken almost 12 months. With the first two I never thought that I was pregnant until one day I just decided to test. This one I am actually trying so it is so hard to wait but I am determined to wait this month... I just need some support!

I tested today BFN. Upset and crying this is my 3rd round of clomid. I don't think I have any chance. My af is due Friday. I knew I shouldn't of tested. Feeling so sorry for myself. Didn't use opk so don't know dpo but I'm due on Friday

Val - sorry for the AF :( Stupid witch!!!

OoOo - sorry for the BFN :( Don't lose hope though. Its been 15 cycles for me but I just try to tell myself that one day it will be my turn..!

CountryMomma - welcome to the thread! This is an amazing thread with so many supportive people. A lot have moved on to the refugee thread but they still come back to check on us :) looks like we have a similar cycle according to your ticker. my AF is expected to arrive around the 29th so if it doesn't show up, I'll also be testing in 10 days. we can wait it out together!

Hi Kodj anyone who knows me and all the new ladies,

Just thought I pop in to see how you are all doing and to say keep on going. I remember anouncing my BFP and hardly believing it.

I am doing well with 10 days to go baby head engaged and good to go now* Feeling tiried sometimes but a lot of nesting been going on with steam cleaner and all lol.
Well I be moving on from the refugee page soon myself but best of luck ladies for your BFP and lots and lots of baby dust*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->