Does Anyone Else Not Test Early? JOIN US (12 BFP So Far!)

Hey girls! Mind if I join you? Read the whole thread, congratulations to the op and all others with BFPs!

I'm on my second cycle of actively trying - I use opks, chart and preseed. We were ntnp for 18months.

I feel out already this month as I've had AF type cramps, legs are like jelly and I'm bloated - all like AF.

Hate testing and getting bfn's :( really want to stop testing everyday but it's hard when you want something so bad!

X

Welcome to the wait Ocean! I agree, those BFN results are hateful!

Horrible! Twisting and turning it, going outside to look at it under natural light :haha:

If AF gets me, I'm definitely doing what you girls do and just wait x

I am officially out for this cycle. AF caught me today. Oh well, now I'll definitely be buying those internet cheapies opk and pregnancy strips. Buying the first response ovulation kits is burning a big hole in our pocket. Anybody have any suggestions? I live in Canada.

I am officially out for this cycle. AF caught me today. Oh well, now I'll definitely be buying those internet cheapies opk and pregnancy strips. Buying the first response ovulation kits is burning a big hole in our pocket. Anybody have any suggestions? I live in Canada.

I've used the clear blue easy fertility monitor but this round had no idea what to expect because of my miscarriage. Bought the CBE opk pack. You can take it any time, unlike the monitor. I've never had luck with other opk's. I never seem to get a darker line or struggle to read them. I really like the CBE pack I bought this time. You get a :) if it detects a surge or a circle if no surge detected. More expensive than cheapies but a lot easier to understand (at least for me)

Sooshie - sorry about the witch also!

I know its probably not going to happen for me this month but I think im going to bw more let down then I thought. I've been trying to tell myself not to get hopeful because its unlikely but DH ask a few times about it over the weekend and I know he'd going to be so sad if its a BFN. And knowing we will wait a month or two before trying again will make this negative a little harder.

Hey girlies! Just realised I must've unsubscribed... Damn fat fingers + iPhone!! Lol. How u all gettin on? I saw Pink got her BFP! Yay!

Hi ladies. Can I join you? Hope you don't mind me butting in. First off congratulations to each and every bfp, fantastic news! I'm on cycle #9 trying and first 7 cycles I tested like made. I have terrible luck with evaps and I've suffered 2 chemicals. Its so much easier on me and df to not test. My lp is 16 days and the witch is on time every month, always on day 17 after ovulation. I'll only test now if I'm 2 days late. Best of luck to everyone waiting on their bfp.

Welcome to the wait!

I'm starting to wonder if I'm out. My temp was 98.9 Saturday and 98.6 the last two days. Had to adjust this morning's temp as I'm back to my workout schedule. Trying to stay positve and take it all in stride. This month is our last chance until October/November. :(
Today is 12 dpo and so I won't know anything until Thursday or Friday. This has been the longest tww!

I think we should all contribute a reason why it makes sense not to test til you are late and flaming panda can add them to the front page as inspiration to newbies to the thread! Mine is

No matter what symptoms you have, only a longer luteal phase is a good enough symptom to test!

Good idea! I think a good reason not to test is so you never suffer the heartache of a chemical if you don't know about it.

Good idea! I think a good reason not to test is so you never suffer the heartache of a chemical if you don't know about it.

This is the main reason I don't test.

But how about this for another reason?

Tests aren't cheap and If we get an early BFN we still pin all of our hopes on a BFP closer to/after when AF is due.

For not testing early...

Unless you get an early, faint, bfp (which could be a chemical) how is the bfn result helping you? And if its a chemical bfp you're still no better off.

Save your money. Test when af is due or late. Put the extra money in a jar and see how much you have in there once you get your bfp.

Financial advisors talk about the 'latte' expense. Cutting out the $5 daily latte saves you $1820 a year...so imagine if you saved all that $$ for early tests. Vacation savings account bonus!

Great idea, I'll give it a day to let more people post and then add them all. :)

For me it was simply just heartbreaking to see a negative test. The way I saw it - not testing wasn't going to make me any less pregnant but it would save me money and upset if I wasn't. I got my positive test when AF was 2 days late. I'd taken one at the start of that week (naughty I know) and it was a BFN. So a few days really can make all the difference to the result. Looking back I was always going to wind up pregnant with that second test but I could've saved myself £4 and a bad mood that day if I had just held off until the weekend.

Ok, today is 13 dpo...two days to go. My temp dropped from 98.8 and was at 98.6 for two days. Back up to 98.8 adjusted. How reliable are the adjustment calculators? Good sign?
This has been the longest tww ever! I also woke up stuffy...potential head cold but no fever. Would that impact my bbt?
So hard not to test! I am telling myself to wait until Friday as that's when af would arrive if no bfp.
Thoughts?

Wait wait wait! You bfp would get stronger! If its a bfn you'll be sad! See what your temps do tomorrow (and then the day after!!) Also adjustment calcs can be way out!!!

Good luck

Another reason to add to the front page, if its going to be a bfn month best to find out via AF as you'll already be on your new cycle, lots of daily bfns will keep you waiting for af before you can move on

Temp drop, with bbt adjustment, to 98.3 :( guessing I'm on my out for this month

Oh well. My husband is going to be gone until early October so it'll be a while before he and I can get our bfp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->