• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does Anyone Else Not Test Early? JOIN US (12 BFP So Far!)

Sending big :hugs: to you flamingpanda. Feeling a bit down myself too, my temps are quite disappointing, slight dip again today (12 dpo) so just trying to resign myself to AF showing on Fri/Sat :cry: At the moment I'm finding myself drawn to a programme called Maternity Ward!! I work at home so keep finding myself watching women give birth...why do we do this to ourselves??

A more sensitive thermometer would prob be a good idea. I got mine from Boots, it was in the Family Planning section. I've had it nearly 2 years now and still going strong so I'm quite pleased with it, and it's not too loud which is good for DH :) But even with this one I've had times where my temp stays the same for a few days so I don't think that's anything to worry about. Good that you track all your signs, that's cool. I gave up on cervix checking and when we are bd'ing a lot I find it hard to figure out cm!!

If you were ill and you took that temp in the evening then it's most likely not accurate but don't worry about it too much x

Thanks Smiler. It's so good having people to talk to on here.

How should temps be looking in this part of our cycle. Should they start to dip prior to AF if AF is indeed on her way? Or should they stay high until she arrives? Remember what everyone seems to say on here, it's not over til AF shows. Don't count yourself out just yet.

Oh what channel is that on? I work from home half days Thurs/Fri so I could have a little look at that too. :D I have no idea why we do this. I think it's our way of reminding ourselves why we're doing all of this.

Oh I should perhaps have another look then. Might not mention to my partner I'm buying another, he'll say there's nothing wrong with this one.

I really have no clue with my cervix, I keep checking but it just feels like something alien to me. :haha: I'll keep doing it and maybe I'll notice a change after AF next month. I keep putting my CM down too but it really not showing any sort of pattern, perhaps I'm reading it wrong.

Ok thanks, that's what I thought. It was the start of the headache I've had the past few days. It was at it's worst on Sunday. Seems to have cleared today finally.

Flamingpanda, when I bought the thermometer I have, my DH said "what's that for" and I said "The dog. He's always getting sick and I want to monitor his temp." How sad is that!! :haha: :haha:

From what I understand temps should stay above the coverline but may start to drop a day or two before AF. But if you look at the pregnancy charts on FF there are some where the temp does drop and then rises again and they end up pg. Its just SO frustrating that no matter what you do, 9 times out of 10 you only know whether you are or aren't when AF does or doesn't show!

ARGJh!!!!!!

Oh lol, Loki's got a vet's appointment tomorrow for his final worming. I was going to mention he has a bad tummy sometimes perhaps that's the moment to introduce the idea of a new thermometer? :p

My chart feels so empty, it literally tells me nothing at the moment. Oh well.

I did have a look at some pregnancy charts on ff and I was quite surprised how much they vary from person to person. I guess it's why some people swear they had symptoms and some say they had none, we're all very different inside.

How's everyone doing? :hi: anyone close to testing?

I'm 8 dpo so still a week to go! Feeling tired but that's not too unusual for me.

Not here, if I haven't seen AF by the 22nd I'll test then. It seems like years away, doesn't it? :nope:

I think the fertile cm was probably your best clue, I don't know ovuview at all but I just googled it and looks like an app? I used a similar website when I first started tracking and all it did was predict your ov date just based on the maths. It's a good guide I guess if you're regular, but your ov day can def change from cycle to cycle, so if you were getting fertile cm earlier than what the app predicted I would stick with the signs your body is showing you :)

It is SO addictive! My work productivity drops to practically zero when I'm waiting to O and then in the 2WW :wacko:

Sounds like me :dohh::haha:

And me :)

How's everyone doing? :hi: anyone close to testing?

I'm 8 dpo so still a week to go! Feeling tired but that's not too unusual for me.

I'm 8 dpo too :) It's going quick (ish) thankfully. No symptoms at all for me this month so much so that I said to my husband this morning "I def don't think I'm pregnant this month babe, maybe next month" to which he replied "Well you always think you're pregnant so maybe this month you actually are" ha ha. Think it might be too good to be true tho, only time will tell I guess. GL everyone xx

I've stopped telling hubby about how I'm feeling or where I am in my cycle. He knows more or less coz I pms quite hectically, but it just felt like I was stressing him out. He's interested and he's keen, but the more info I give him the more I can see him feeling pressure. Now when he asks I just give him some non commital answer about how we'll catch it next month.

Still no symptoms for me. I'm counting symptoms as feeling radically different, and nothing feels very different to me. Oh well, just 4 more days till AF!

One thing I've just noticed is I seem to have more saliva in my mouth than normal and keep swallowing. Apparently it can be a symptom but not getting my hopes up as I've been tricked by new symptoms in the 2ww before and its still early yet. x

Good morning all. Well I'm on another downer today. I felt so awful yesterday that when I got home I decided I was just going to go to bed. So I laid in bed watching films all night with my little dog to cuddle and got quite a bit more sleep than I'd be used to. I'm still tired today but I'm not yawning like I was. The reason I'm feeling down is those pinches and cramps have now moved more central and they feel more like really dull AF cramps. So I'm a bit disappointed. I think she's gearing up to make her appearance next week. I probably didn't help myself last night, I was looking for things to watch on Lovefilm and I found a documentary called babies. It was really good but I ended up getting a bit weepy. It's like I'm torturing myself!

I think the fertile cm was probably your best clue, I don't know ovuview at all but I just googled it and looks like an app? I used a similar website when I first started tracking and all it did was predict your ov date just based on the maths. It's a good guide I guess if you're regular, but your ov day can def change from cycle to cycle, so if you were getting fertile cm earlier than what the app predicted I would stick with the signs your body is showing you :)

It is SO addictive! My work productivity drops to practically zero when I'm waiting to O and then in the 2WW :wacko:

It is an app, I had another one first but it didn't let me track symptoms as well as this one. I have no idea how important symptoms will turn out to be but I thought it was worth recording everything, then I can discard what's useless as I go.

Thanks for the tip. If I ovulated earlier it actually times with our BD dates a little better I think, but we'll see. Certainly buying those sticks next month. It would just be nice to have some real proof of the dates.

Glad I'm not the only one. Spend most of my work days haunting these boards at the moment. :D

Working on my chart still, had the same temp this morning (do I need a more sensitive thermometer? Mine is .1 not .01). I had a high spike on Sunday when I was feeling unwell. It was the day I bought the thing and I took my temp in the evening, should I just disregard that altogether? All my others have been 7am on the dot.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a3d93

If we don't get pregnant this month I will be joining you. I can't cope with the constant let downs and stress of it all :( Must work out charting before the weekend too.. as I started OPKS on day 11 and either it was too late (which symptoms suggest it was) and I missed the surge, or I didn't O.

Good luck to everyone.

Good luck to you too. As you're reading above it's quite possible you did ovulate early, so if you don't get your BFP this month don't feel defeated. We'll all start again next month and keep track of all our signs together. :hugs:

Flaming panda, with DS I almost didn't bother testing as I felt like AF was round the corner. The only symptoms I remember were the du AF cramps!

Thanks Smiler. It's so good having people to talk to on here.

How should temps be looking in this part of our cycle. Should they start to dip prior to AF if AF is indeed on her way? Or should they stay high until she arrives? Remember what everyone seems to say on here, it's not over til AF shows. Don't count yourself out just yet.

Oh what channel is that on? I work from home half days Thurs/Fri so I could have a little look at that too. :D I have no idea why we do this. I think it's our way of reminding ourselves why we're doing all of this.

Oh I should perhaps have another look then. Might not mention to my partner I'm buying another, he'll say there's nothing wrong with this one.

I really have no clue with my cervix, I keep checking but it just feels like something alien to me. :haha: I'll keep doing it and maybe I'll notice a change after AF next month. I keep putting my CM down too but it really not showing any sort of pattern, perhaps I'm reading it wrong.

Ok thanks, that's what I thought. It was the start of the headache I've had the past few days. It was at it's worst on Sunday. Seems to have cleared today finally.

For me, my temp starts to drop couple of days before AF, but other women find it doesn't drop til a couple of days after AF. You'll figure out what's normal for you after a few cycles...but hopefully you won't have any more cycles for a while :thumbup: Yeah I keep telling myself it ain't over til the witch appears but just have no confidence in my temps. But I suppose the last few cycles I had some really high temps and I thought, yes! This is it! And it wasn't, so who knows...

Are you sure you want to watch Maternity Ward?!? It's on Really, which is channel 20 if you have digital. Yeah I think you're right, I guess watching these things do make you want to keep going, even though watching it makes us sad at the same time.

I'm not sure of anything today! Ugh not having a good start. My temp has dropped, my boyfriend was in a foul mood which in turn just made me shout at him and now I'm in a foul mood. I'm wondering if this is PMS. I think it's too early but perhaps not. I think I'm just angry with myself, I clearly had a bit of a bug and despite promising myself I wouldn't look for signs I got my hopes up.

We sat down last night to work out what we were going to order for next cycle, we agreed we'd get some ovulation sticks (which is great news because my chart makes no sense to me). We also decided to get 1 pack of FRER and a better thermometer. So I've just ordered those now.

Thanks for all of the positive thoughts all, it does make me feel better. I think I just need to write today off and get some work done. The faster I get to AF now the better.

How are you all? Any good signs?

Aww hun :hugs: :hugs: I am REALLY not one to talk about reading too much into things, but it's easier to be calm and objective about other people's charts eh!! I would say try not to worry too much about the one temp. It won't necessarily rise day after day after ov. I would think it's a little early for your temps to start declining and indicating AF. What are you, 8 dpo?

Don't be too hard on yourself for getting your hopes up, we ALL do it and know exactly how you feel. Great you ordered some stuff though, it's nice to feel like you're taking control and being pro-active :)

So after giving you nice calm advice, now I am going to go mad about myself!! Temp rose a tiny bit this morning and decided to test...bfn :( I knew it would be but there is always a tiny part of me that likes to hope. Feeling a bit achy this morning so reckon AF will be here tomorrow or Sat :(

Hi girls. I feel like crap today, DS was up and down all night last night cause he's teething and that dreadful headache has returned coupled with what appears to be the beginning of a cold. So probs not preg symptoms, more just cold symptoms. :( for some reason I tested this morning with an ic, don't even ask I think I'm only 6dpo (will have to start with opks do I actually know next cycle) and :bfn: which is completely unsurprising to me really.

Just feel a bit down today tbh, seems like we're all having a bit of a crap day lol.

To me your chart is looking pretty good. Don't give up hope yet. It hasn't started to dip. :thumbup: I agree, it is easier to be objective with other people's charts. What kind of test did you take?

I'm really pleased about the ov strips because I think that's still my biggest mystery. Without knowing what day I ovulated it's hard to really know what day I'm on or even if we BDed at the right times. Ignore my siggy because I think it's wrong. I should be 7DPO today according to my app (which I trust more). So I know it's early days but I just feel like nothing's happened. I know many people say they never had symptoms but I just always presumed I would have. Which is probably why I feel it's so hopeless. Hope that new thermometer hurries up and arrives.

Hi Ladies!!

Well, after not even wanting to test, I got home yesterday and had the urge to pee on something. So I did. And then had the nerve to be disappointed when it was a :bfn: ! I mean, really??! Of course it would be! Not only was it too early, it was also in the afternoon after an entire morning of downing tea and water. I don't know what possessed me. And now I feel crap coz I was already convinced that I'm not pg and that :bfn: has made me more convinced which has made me have a crap day coz I really want to be!!

There is def something wrong with me. In other news, my cervix has decided to disappear today, I can't feel it at all! First time that has happened, but I haven't been monitoring it for that long, so it could well be normal.

Flamingpanda, it's way too early for you to think that you're out! Hang in there!

This TWW makes me totally useless at work.

Flamingpanda, don't feel too down as preg symptoms seem to be different for everyone. As I said earlier with DS I tested on a whim as It was Xmas 2009 and new year was coming up, and with all the things going on around that time I wasn't too focused on ttc and wasn't looking for symptoms, I couldn't remember my last AF off the top of my head and there it was a very bright :bfp: I didnt have anything to really hint at me otherwise.

Smiler82, wish I could say something about temps but I'm the wrong person as I know nothing about them and haven't ever temped :haha: have a :hugs: instead :)

Plastikpony I did the same yesterday and I think I'm only 6dpo :dohh:

Smiler, I just stalked you a little bit. Wow, you have some long cycles hun!! That said though, your chart looks kind of awesome at the moment! Don't bother looking at mine as I haven't temped or done anything really interesting this month due to travel and holidays. I'll pick it up again (if I have to) next month :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->