Does Anyone Else Not Test Early? JOIN US (12 BFP So Far!)

I just wanted to say im so sorry to both of you ladies :hugs: :hugs:

I know ive only been at it for 6 months but thats 5 months longer then i thought it would take, obviously being unrealistic. Still if it doesnt happen this month we will be taking a couple months break because i dont want to go the whole summer obsessing about this and not doing things being "i might be pregnant". The other thing is my youngest will be starting school full time instead of half days in the fall and if we hadnt decided on trying to have aother i would have been looking for a part time job. Now that it doesnt seem to be happening im not sure what to do. Its hard when you dont do things because you thought you'd be pregnant by now. I give you two ladies a lot of credit having been TTC for the amount of time you have been. Its so mentally draining and its only been 6 months for me. I really hope at some point you both get your little ones! :hugs:

Oh and Justme i think being scared is perfectly normal. I have kids and i get terrified at times thinking about having another one.

Also AF is due on my birthday this cycle. Kind of a double edged sword :shrug: oh well...

more - only 6 months for me too, am just really hacked off :p
And yeah, my birthday this month is on one of my 'fertility friend says make babies now' days. Well, it can naff off. If I make love with my husband on my birthday it is going to be because we adore each other and want to; I am not temping next month if AF comes, and I think this is a great plan.

In fact, I declare it a summer off! ;)

Plastik, let us know how the appt goes? Fingers crossed for you. And it's ok to want to do it, it really is, don't start getting all self-doubty as you don't need to.

(and I have your msg, just at work atm so not replied yet) :)

Poor little voice of hope is going 'ooh no more red, maybe you ARE'. Poor little voice.

What day is your birthday? Must be close to mine! DH and I haven't even been talking about baby making. We've just been :sex: every other day and some back to back but its all because we want to which makes it SO much better! Some of those months in the beginning felt like a job :haha: We've been much more relaxed lately and busy which helps even more!

Mine is the 10th! :thumbup: I originally wanted to wait to start trying to have a summer baby (preferably july :winkwink: ) but then we figured why wait but im glad we started TTC when we did because id rather have found out sooner than later that it was going to be more of a challenge than I thought it would be. But now if we take the summer off from trying I could end up with my summer baby after all if it doesn't happen this cycle.

DH also said if it doesn't happen this cycle he wants to get a sperm analysis done to see if its a problem with him.

Sorry ladies, I was so hopeful for you all this month!!
I'm sure it doens't make you guys feel any better, but sometimes these things take time. It took us 12 months to get our BFP with DD.
Taking some time off sounds awesome, TTC can get a bit all consumng at times. x x x

Lol, temp up today, but not looking into it too heavily, as AF is only due tomorrow according to AF.
If by some wacky miracle (which I am NOT expecting) temps are still up on Saturday, I will test then.
But yeah, am not holding out for that... temp has dipped then gone up before crashing in the past.

Also I woke up quite a bit in the night and was doing some cheaty temping:
woke up at 3am, went back to sleep.
Woke up at 4.30am, temped, 36.6. Back to sleep.
Woke up at 6am, temped, 36.8. Snoozed.
Woke up at 6.20am, temped, 36.8. Took that one as verbatim.
Just before I got up at 6.35am, retemped, 36.7. Ignored it :p

I'm so sorry Plastik, big hugs. But you know I think justme already said it best, I know it's hard because you've been trying for a while but I too would only count the last three months after that big reset. If you look at it that way there's still nothing abnormal happening. So just take it easy. I actually agree too that if you're sick of temping, just stop. The purpose of temping is to find out you're ovulating. It's clear you are and you've been doing it long enough now to know when your 'best times' to try are. Temping can give out signs you're pregnant before you take a test, but it can also be misleading. So if you're tired of it just put the thermometer away! You'll get better sleep and you'll feel more relaxed, both are good for you! :)

Justme - Very happy to see your temp was back up again this morning. Fingers crossed for you. x

WSS^

big wishes for you both, xx

If you can bear to then a month "off" would be a good thing, but it's always easier said than done!!

Temps are looking good JustMe!! I know as well as you it could mean nothing, but that doesn't stop me holding thumbs for you!! :thumbup:

Thanks ladies, you are all so right. I just felt like this last month was our 'last chance' coz it was our last month of clomid. Not that I think clomid is the best thing for me (hindsight is 20/20, right?) It makes me REALLY dry and REALLY cranky and my periods are so light when I'm on it, that maybe it's making my lining too thing for anything to happen anyway? Who knows.

More, it's awesome that your DH is happy to do a SA, I would totally recommend that, then at least you know that everything is groovy.

Panda, you are totally right. Thanks so much for caring enough to pop in and give us hope and advice! :hugs2:

Iow, thanks for the kind words! Totally gives me hope :happydance:

Well I had my appointment with the Gynea today, he's really awesome. DH came along even though he was terrified of some other guy poking around in my 'hooha' while he was in the same room :haha: Anyway, the doc totally put my mind at ease. He said I'm being impatient (I know!) and then proceeded to tell us that we are both normal, DH's morphology is a bit low but he has SO many :spermy: that it almost cancels that out. He also said that in any normal woman, at least half of our eggs are 'abnormal'. So it makes sense that it's going to take a while for that perfect egg and sperm to meet. He said that if we want to, in another 3 months if we aren't pregnant we can move onto IUI, but he doesn't think its stricly neccessary. So DH and I have decided to just chill, and I'll go for my yearly check-up in Jan and decide from there.

What was really awesome was when he said to me, "You are fine. You WILL get pregnant. It's just going to take some time." I feel like it's been overcast for the last 10 months, with doubts hanging over my head about whether or not I'll be able to get pg, but when he told me I WILL, no doubt about it, those clouds went away and now it's nice and sunny.

I've resigned myself to the fact that I just can't control this, and it'll happen when it happens. I've put my thermometer away, put all the weird supplements and teas aside, put the preseed and clomid away, and am just going to live my life. I'll still pop in here now and then, but not obsessively every day. Hope that's ok with you ladies, you have all been amazing! And if you want to pop me an e-mail now and then, please pm me and I'll send you my e-mail address. (Thanks JustMe!!!)

Babydust to everyone!!!
:dust::happydance::dust:

Plastik, that's really awesome, I am so happy for you!!! :) and totally with the email!! :) Maybe let me know on here when you email me and then I will be able to check it hasn't fallen into the spam or anything :)

I hope it also helps encourage you that this morning I got a :bfp: :o

This is not something I have taken in yet! But dear heaven, if some crazy little pregnancy test can shunt out two lines for me, then it DEFINITELY can and will for you! :)

Anyway I'm going to scuttle away before I re-read what I just wrote and get amazingly weirded out again (which is what has been happening so far today: I say something, I go 'oh holy shit I'm PREGNANT?', get amazingly weirded out and have to talk about something else :p

Plastik I really hope this news encourages you and doesn't make you sad!

Congrats Justme!! :) So happy for you. Any test piccy? I'll add you to the front page. :D

Plastik, I'm so glad the clouds have lifted. I think you're taking the right approach. Please don't be a stranger though and I'll PM you.

I should say to everyone that regardless of pregnant or not, here everyday or not - this thread is always open for everyone to reconnect. You don't have to still be trying. If you got your BFP here then you don't have to leave. The nature of how this all works means it's unlikely that we get to move onto the next stage at the same time and it would be such a shame to lose touch with people just because we're on slightly different calendars. Please never feel unwelcome here. :hugs:

AAAAHHHHHHHHHH Justme!!!!!! Sooo exciting!! :happydance: Congratulations and I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months! So happy for you! :thumbup: What a wonderful early birthday gift for you :winkwink:

Yay!!! Awesome news Justme!! So so pleased for you!!!!!! :) exciting stuff eh!!!

Plastik: Glad your feeling a bit more on top of things now :) I promise you when you get your BFP all this crap and stress will be so worth it :)
xxxxxxxxxx

Exciting / scary / not thinking about it Too much yet :p

Got a dr appt on Monday in the hope it's all still going by then!!! Dr is lovely so worst case I just want to tell her!

Cannot seem to work out these tracker things. Maybe next week!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!! OMW JustMe! Congratulations!!!! That is just SUPER awesome!! Really really happy for you!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Plastik!!! I was going to email you if you didn't see today! In fact I will try to do so anyway. Will be doing it on phone cos can't say on work email for obvious reasons :p

So far it's bizarrely 'pregnant. Now what'?! We've not told anyone yet and well, bar totally cutting junk and sugar and trying to consistently eat a balanced diet, well, I don't think much happens now for Ages. Bar the whole argh I hope it stays thing...!

you'll be suprised how quickly it will creep up on you justme! At 4 weeks it seems soooo far away, but I just had my first scan at 7weeks, was so exciting :) and now everything seems to be happening way too fast!!!!

So pleased for you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->