Does Anyone Else Not Test Early? JOIN US (12 BFP So Far!)

That first bit does drag. I remember being utterly shocked the doctor didn't want to see me and the midwife wasn't interested until 10 weeks. There was many an evening I sat and wondered if I'd just made it all up. :) To the point that when we finally had a scan at 13w I was actually shocked to see a baby in there. But after the first appointment things seem to get moving. Now I'm at a point where I'm like "holy crap, we only have 3 more paychecks to come before the baby, and that's if she's not early" *panic*. When do you plan to tell people?

Well I have a Dr appt on Monday but didn't say why I wanted it so I am stealthy ;-) do you all have your free prescriptions certificate?
Have told best friend and another awesome friend who had children, holding off anyone else until September. Cos paranoid.

Paranoid when crampy. Paranoid when not crampy. Etc. Lol, plastik, the neurosis doesn't" seem to stop at all! :O

Yeah I got mine after the first appointment with my midwife. I think it took about two weeks to come through. Your doctor might get it for you earlier though seeing as you have an appointment?

I held off til about 2 weeks after I found out, then I told my parents. I really needed my mum to know because my partner was rubbish conversation in those early days. It was only when he saw the baby on a scan for the first time I think it all hit him how real it was.

Try not to stress too much. I felt crampy for weeks. In fact I was sure my period was on it's way still. It felt exactly like it was but I felt extra tired in those first weeks too. I didn't start feeling better until about 12 weeks. Unfortunately you probably will continue to feel anxious but having spoken to lots of ladies on here I'm now certain that's normal and we all worry. So yes we effectively are nervous wrecks from TTC until the baby is born. Although my understanding is even then the worries never end. :D

Justme.. even though I know everyone is different.. just wanted to see if you did anything different this cycle? Also, any different symptoms this time around? Im still so exciting for you and it gave me back that little bit of hope I think I was losing, thinking that this is never going to happen. :winkwink:

Yesterday's symptom was the duvet bouncing gently off my nipple and feeling AMAZINGLY PAINFUL! :o

more babies! Yes! You're quite right and I should have done this bit! In terms of different symptoms, honestly the most different one was the blood on 9dpo. Like the first wipe of a period, but then gone instantly afterwards! :o I got a BFP on 15 dpo so am assuming that was Definitely implantation bleeding - even though it was more than lots of people suggest.
The other symptom that made me think I might be was that I started getting a tiny bit breathless again (happened with the CP in April).

What did we do different? Ooh I have theories!
1. We BD'd TWICE (heh) 2 days before ovulation, and once 1 day before. That's what resulted in the CP too (BD'ing 2 and 1 day before ovulation) so I would Heartily recommend that!
2. I started going to the gym every other day (roughly!) a month ago, and have also done 3 weeks of a belly dancing class so far. I haven't really lost any weight yet (but am hoping I have lost fat!) and think that, plus lots of healthy blood flow, may have really helped!
Other than that, I can't think of anything we did differently :)

I REALLY hope that helps!

I don't really know what to say. I'm really pissed off. It seems that my initial thought that this isn't something that is ever realistically going to happen for me, was right. Even in the months where it's looking Fantastic, it doesn't happen. I'm thinking of ditching all of this temping and crap because it isn't helping. Certainly for next month, I have much better things to do for my birthday than faff around trying to achieve things that won't happen.

And yet. It's going to be my 35th birthday. Is leaving it to chance at that point just stupid? And you know, once I'm 35, my urge to punch people who say things about fertility crashing at 35 is going to be so much stronger. We started trying for babies as soon as we could. We only MET when I was 31. We got together when I was 32 1/2. I was suffering from anxiety and depression from my previous relationship until I was over 33. We then spent a year trying to stop being cripplingly (no exaggeration) broken. Then we started trying for babies. So we couldn't do it earlier. Heck, it seems like we can't do it at all.

I don't know what to say. I can't believe that even with huge obvious symptoms, I'm not. I think I want to go and smash something. Or possibly someone :p

I followed this link from marieb's frustrated thread. It's sort of absurd how similar this is to my own story, Just. I got a massive hole blown through my heart by the guy I thought I wanted to spend my life with a week before my 30th birthday (Happy 30th to me!) and walked around "crippled" and "broken" for what seemed like eternity. Met my husband a year later. Spent a year torturing him with my trust issues. Married him a year after those subsided, a couple of weeks before my 33rd. I guess theoretically we could have started trying then, but we needed to finish our dissertations and move across the country to start my faculty position. I made it through my first year as an assistant professor, then starting trying pretty much the day after I turned in final grades.

So I definitely relate to the urge to punch people who "tsk tsk" about waiting to try until you're in your mid thirties. I could have born the spawn of some awful jerks before now, but it would have been a bad scene.

So, I'm so glad your story has such a happy ending! Hopefully I'll get to follow you soon!

Congrats, and :dust: to all!

Pbl, thank you and I hope you do too!!!! :-D
We definitely all deserve to have babies with our lovely guys, Especially after the horribleness before we found them! But mostly I suppose because they're great and we love them :)

So far for me.. no symptoms at all. No sign of the usual sore boobs.. nothing. Hoping maybe this is a good sign :shrug:

So far for me.. no symptoms at all. No sign of the usual sore boobs.. nothing. Hoping maybe this is a good sign :shrug:

I've been wondering about this. Sore boobs is my #1 AF symptom, and I wasn't sure if a BFP would mean sorer boobs, less sore boobs, or no noticeable difference.

Let us know!
:dust:

we're all good thanks Justme :) how are things with you, hope all is going well x x x

Well mine are now generically sore, have had much sorer moments but I can' remember what they were like when af was due. I think they were the same as usual for me.

The reason I had a good idea I was pg before testing was that my boobs were really swollen. Not to the point where anyone else could notice (I asked my OH if they looked different lol), but I could feel the change. They were a little sore too but like many ladies they tend to be sore around the time AF is due. Interestingly when I finally spoke to my mum and told her she said she always knew she was pg because hers felt different too. But annoyingly I think it's different for each person.

See that's the thing.. that's what made me sure I was pregnant my 2nd and why the first cycle TTC I thought for sure it had worked but it didn't. And for the last 5 cycles since we started trying my boobs have gotten SO sore.. sometimes for the whole last two weeks making me think maybe I ovulated early. And not only sore but the last two cycles they've gotten noticeably huge and then will go back down a few days into my period. Its been the craziest thing because it wasn't like this before we started trying at all. All with the exception of this cycle because there still have been no sign of any symptoms whatsoever. :shrug:

both times I got my bfp i had no symptoms. every other month I had every symptom in the book xxxx good luck xxxx

Hi Ladies!!

Glad everyone is doing well! Just popped in quickly to say I GOT MY HORSE!!! Yay~!

:hugs2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->