Donor Sperm IUI/IVF- 2012

I have a blod test for Oct 19th....however I cannot last that long without testing haha Not sure When I can start 10dpiui I'm guessing?

Hope this flies by :)

Got results from second beta back. It's 586.8 (193 for first beta). She said they were fantastic numbers. I'm going for my first US on October 22nd. I'll be 6 weeks 5 days, I believe.

I think it's starting to sink in. :)

I'm back for personals. Work has been crazy and we got to celebrate Thanksgiving dinner with dad's side of the family tonight. :)

Polita- Congratulations on your BFP! What great numbers!

want2be- I think I will be testing before the beta when it's my turn. the 2ww is hard to wait through. I hope this is it for you!

MrsC- DH had to beg someone to cover part of his shift to go to the city with me on Thanksgiving Sunday, so he wouldn't be able to wait around for their pharmacies to open at 10 or 11 that day. Oh well. I found a pharmacy here that would hold their 7 pills for me and then I would pick up those last 3 the next business day. Sucks that Clomid is so expensive here and one of the few drugs my health plan will not cover.

What can I expect for the CD3 bloodwork and ultrasound? I know they will want my LH to have come down a bit, but what else do they have to say before starting me on Clomid?

Oh I didn't know you had to take two pills a day. I thought they made 100mg pills. Maybe not though. I'm glad that they will hold the pills for you.

CD3 ultrasound isn't much fun because, well its CD3 and it just feels gross. Don't worry though cause they deal with it all the time. They will see how many follicles are growing and how the lining looks. I know one thing they check for is cysts. Normally it you have a cyst they will hold off but some places say go for it depending on where the cyst is. I had a very small cyst prior to the clomid which possibly led to the huge one during pregnancy. Other than that I don't think they check for anything else. They might do blood work but I can't remember.

Edit: Are you using the OPK's or just doing the blood work? Sorry I forget what you said a while back.

I'm going to trigger after the CD11 check. IUI on CD13.

They only make 50mg pills here for Clomid they were saying. Not sure if they will be taken at the same time or one in the am and one in the PM.

I'm hoping that since I have been on the pill, my LH will be normal and if there were any cysts, they would be gone. I think I have read that they will often prescribe the pill for a cycle between some people's ART cycles since the hormones make the cysts shrink quickly. I was thinking about how gross the CD3 ultrasound will be.

Is the ultrasound and first appointment with consents long or pretty quick?

Canadian Maple, I think they do blood work. They check estradiol, and FSH for sure, I don't know if LH too.

I would think that you take both pills at the same time. I have no idea if they actually make a 100mg pill or not. What ever you have to do to make it work! Have you and DH not signed the consent forms yet? I have no idea how long that should take since it's on the weekend. Our consent appointment was pretty quick but we had been there many times and prepared for IVF. The scan should be really quick. Maybe 10 minutes and then they will tell you that you are good to go with the clomid. Then the blood work like Polita said.

want2beamamma - I started testing at 10dpiui too and got the faintest of faint lines (hubby swore to me there was nothing there but I saw it). So you should be good to start then! Good luck!

Polita - Those are great numbers! My first scan is at 6 weeks 4 days so pretty similar.

Canadian - I also had both ultrasound and blood work for my day 3. I know the ultrasound is to check for cysts but with the pill you should be good. I have PCOS so I typically have cysts and I was all clear after being on one round of birth control. I think the blood test checks for estradiol too since high levels early on can also indicate cysts. My appointment was pretty quick. Most of it was just the waiting between the blood test and the ultrasound. Blood test takes a minute or too and the ultrasound is really only a few minutes too then you're good to go!

Sounds great! The sooner we can get DH back to work, the better.

The downfall to his job is that people know we're doing fertility treatments. I wanted to keep it quiet because I didn't want co-workers asking about it. But, he just has led the men to believe I'm doing IVF, since he doesn't want anyone to suspect us using a donor and those men know nothing about fertility stuff. They think he had a TESA in August.

I'm going to have to imply we're doing IVF too at work, a few of them knew about DH's azoo and I know one of them asked me if I had considered using a donor last spring. She has a sister who did IVF so I am really careful in what I have been saying (read: not much!) to her, but I don't want them looking back and thinking that my cycle was too easy for it have been IVF. I may take off a few mornings to throw them off a bit, as much as I hate to do that. Teaching is a small town is so visible. If this round doesn't work, at least faking a FET would be easier. I hate feeling like a liar, but until we want people to know about us using a donor, I want to be extra careful about what I say during this stage. I know it will be worth it too!

Did any of you have to take baby aspirin up until the IUI and then 7 days after? What should I expect with the clomid? Luckily, with Thanksgiving and a PD day, I only have the kids 2 of the days I will be on it.

I was on baby aspirin for IVF but not for IUI. I've heard clomid can cause some crazy mood swings. I didn't really notice any side effects while on it other than a bit more intense cramping than usual around ovulation time. Then again, I never ever ovulate anywhere near as early as clomid made me so maybe it was just good for my body to have a semi normal cycle.

I get what you're saying about not wanting to announce to everyone about using donor just yet. We've kept ours pretty quiet too. Only our parents and siblings know. It is a private thing. Its not like people who are conceiving normally go out and announce exactly how they conceived so why should we feel we need to? I just told those who knew that we were trying another less invasive procedure this time around. Most people don't know much about fertility treatments unless they've gone through them.

Hey ladies! So, I thought I would update briefly - I have been getting + hpt's since 6dp5dt, have had some very light spotting last night/today though - praying for good beta's on Monday and that the spotting is normal.

CM~ I didn't take any baby aspirin. I did ask about it and they said no. I guess it is for IVF because it was on my list of meds but also for reoccurring mc's. I know you want to do everything possible but if they don't tell you to take it I wouldn't.

Sun~ Congrats again! :happydance: Fx for a great beta on Monday!

Canadian maple- I conpletely understand about not wanting to let everyone know.... we live on a small island. I swear some people know what time you pee'd and what bathroom you even used HAHA!!!!! It's a private and personal thing :) I know exactly where you're coming from.

Today is 2 days after the IUI and I am feeling bloated and a few cramps besides that nothing at all. I am still doing my OPK's and it was positive yesterday but negative today. Hopefully thats a good sign !

CM - I didn't take ASA for either IUI or IVF... I think it depends on your doctor/cycle

They told me to start it on my CD1 so I'm going to take it, just curious about the reasoning. I googled it and I think the lining is sometimes affected by the Clomid, so maybe it helps create a thicker lining? I'll ask tomorrow if I think of it. :)

SunUp- I used to be a prenatal nurse. One OB told me that he's seen about 20% of his patients have spotting during a pregnancy and most carry on and have healthy babies. I really wouldn't worry yet, as hard as that is.

Want2be- A negative OPK is great news! You sound like you caught the surge! You'll be testing just as I am getting ready for my IUI. That seems so far away, doesn't it?

We go to our clinic at 8:30 tomorrow morning. I am not feeling excited about having the ultrasound with AF here, but I know it's something they are used to. I'm surprised at how light my period actually is on this pill. I didn't spot at all this time around and figured it would be really bad. I'm hoping it goes well, and they don't cancel anything.

I am going to try to keep busy. Make a visit to family thats a few hours away and make this time pass!!! Hopefully your time will fly by too :) Is this your first IUI?

Clomid shortened my period. Normally I am 3 days and 4th day is light. Clomid gave me a 2 day period and the 3rd and 4th day were very very minimal spotting.

They told me to start it on my CD1 so I'm going to take it, just curious about the reasoning. I googled it and I think the lining is sometimes affected by the Clomid, so maybe it helps create a thicker lining? I'll ask tomorrow if I think of it. :)

SunUp- I used to be a prenatal nurse. One OB told me that he's seen about 20% of his patients have spotting during a pregnancy and most carry on and have healthy babies. I really wouldn't worry yet, as hard as that is.

Want2be- A negative OPK is great news! You sound like you caught the surge! You'll be testing just as I am getting ready for my IUI. That seems so far away, doesn't it?

We go to our clinic at 8:30 tomorrow morning. I am not feeling excited about having the ultrasound with AF here, but I know it's something they are used to. I'm surprised at how light my period actually is on this pill. I didn't spot at all this time around and figured it would be really bad. I'm hoping it goes well, and they don't cancel anything.

Oh you were asking what it was for... It is to help with the lining and implantation. It also increases blood flow to the uterus. :thumbup: Good luck tomorrow!

I am going to try to keep busy. Make a visit to family thats a few hours away and make this time pass!!! Hopefully your time will fly by too :) Is this your first IUI?

Clomid shortened my period. Normally I am 3 days and 4th day is light. Clomid gave me a 2 day period and the 3rd and 4th day were very very minimal spotting.

Clomid can do some funny things. I think everyone is different with it. I just remember it made me very "short" and I took it out on my hubby. I don't remember how long AF lasted. I hope your 2ww passes quickly! I can't wait for you ladies to start testing.

I can't wait to start either :)..... why must we have to wait so long. How come our fingernails cant turn pink or blue right away if we were pregnant haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->