Donor Sperm IUI/IVF- 2012

Red~ Sorry to hear about AF. I hope this round is it for you!

raelynn~ I didn't want to hurt anyone with my bfp which is why I took a break from this thread for a little while. I think hiding the tickers is the best way to go. I think it would be great if we had a thread to go to for donor bfp's. I know I'm a little ahead of your girls but I would still love to join. Theres challenges that come with donor bfp's so it's nice to have others who can relate and help with feelings.

Definitely create it. I would love for you all to stick around too, but think it's a great idea to be able to chat away about pregnancy without feeling like you may hurt someone on a bad day. :)

My clomid just seems to be giving me a metallic taste in my mouth tonight and that's it. I hope it remains mild. I am trying so hard not to worry about my LH levels on Friday. I know that if they are still high, we will need injectables.

Ok, I started it. Hopefully we'll see everyone there soon! Pregnancy with donor sperm

I'll definitely stick around. I still want to cheer everyone on here! But, it will be nice to have a place where we can chat away about our symptoms and such without bugging the ttc group.

Canadian - Keeping my fingers crossed your LH is perfect!

I will for sure be sticking around to cheer everyone on! You ladies will be joining the other thread very soon. :winkwink:

Hopefully the clomid is easy on you. Did you take it mid day? Fx for Friday! Have you looked to see when your IUI will most likely be?

If everything goes well, Oct 17 should be the IUI. I took the Clomid at 5pm, I figured the side effects probably build on each other, so we'll see how tomorrow goes. It's a good week to do this, tomorrow is a holiday and there are no students at school on Tuesday.

I'm thinking about taking Friday morning off so I'm not going to be late for school for my bloodwork and to throw people off of my IUI trail. I'll be missing part of the following Monday (15th) and the 17th too if all goes ahead. I have to admit that I am finally getting excited about this after our two false starts. I am exceptionally nervous that they will cancel, but I am trying to read as much as a I can about LH and resting follicles and then going day-by-day, starting tomorrow.

I'm so glad you guys will continue to pop in as cheerleaders! :happydance:

Sounds like everything is working out great for timing! I'm so excited for you!

Redhead- I got so wrapped up in answering questions about my IUI cycle, I somehow missed your post. :( I'm so sorry AF arrived. After going through so much to get pregnant this way, it has to hurt so much. I really hope the third time is a charm for you guys.

Those side effects don't sound much fun. I've never had a hot flash, I've always been something that needs a sweater on most of the year, and it should be interesting to feel one.

Canandian-you and I will be cycle/bump buddies! I go in for my mid cycle ultrasound on 10/16. I never had any side effects from the pill (i.e. metallic taste, upset stomach etc.) just those I listed before. I have my teaching certification, but unfortunately the market here is stagnant. I sub and work with DH as a meat cutter and tutor. So 90% of the time I'm in a 40 degree environment and when I have a hot flash I literally will be in a tank top sweating. haha not very attractive. Up until then I've never had one either! I'll be pulling for you to get some good news Friday!

Rae-I subscribed to the new thread!

I hope all of you ladies with BFP's stick around. It's not depressing for me, the opposite! It gives me a lot of hope :happydance:

I forgot to add...

As this is our 4th upcoming IUI I called our RE's office to make the mid cycle appointment and to ask if she thought we should pick a different donor. I'm not sure what exactly comes next...my body has been responding well to the Clomid I don't know if it's time to switch meds, try a different donor, or just keep toughing it out. Have any of you been in this situation?

Hey Red, its not quite the same because I switched to IVF also - but after 3 BFN IUI's, we switched and went to IVF w/ a new donor and BFP! So maybe a new donor isn't a bad thing.

Sun-So your Beta today confirmed the BFP?! Congratulations!!! That is great news!!:hugs: Before you switch DS were you ovulating and everything checking out fine every cycle? Did you stay on the same meds this cycle as you had with the previous cycles?

Our RE just called and said that a lot of people switch DS and it's very common. She said the point is that this DS doesn't seem to be working for us so we can switch. I'm having DH look through another bank at some saved favorites to pick which one he likes. Hopefully this month we will have a BFP with new DS.

Red I think thats a great idea. Sometimes all it takes it a donor switch. I hope you guys find another one you are comfortable with. I would do that before switching meds since you know your body is doing what it is suppose to on the clomid.

Everything was fine with me each cycle. I did 2 clomid IUIs (got 1 mature follie) and 1 injectables(1 mature and one close) This IVF I did an antagonist protocol. So I was thinking it was just incompatibility w/ the donor? No reason for the IUI failures.

Redhead- I'm so happy to have you as a cycle/bump buddy! You know, I think I would have changed donors at this point too. I remember seeing someone else doing that and getting pregnant that very next cycle.

Have any of you on Clomid had a weird dizzy feeling? It's not like a true dizziness, but like a lightheaded or a spacey feeling that comes and goes? I'm hoping I am not coming down with something...

Canadian that is exactly how I felt on chlomid, not dizzy enough I could faint but a strange lightheadedness. An annoying feeling right?

Really annoying. Nothing really to complain about, but it would just hit me at weird times and make me feel off. I hope it doesn't happen a lot when I am teaching this week!

Hello everyone! I've been pretty quiet lately since there wasn't really anything going on, but I had my cd12 scan today and we're doing the IUI tomorrow! I have 4 follicles - 2 on each side - but my lining was a little on the thin side. I am trying a new donor for this round but I'm not feeling very optimistic. I think part of the problem is that I've been fighting a cold since Friday and I just feel like crap, so at this point I just can't get excited about anything. My clinic does IUI 24 hours after trigger - those of you who've had bfps, was yours 24 or 36 hours after trigger? I wish they would wait longer.

I hope everyone has a good week!

Hi aslizzie,

My last iui was 30/31 hours after trigger and I just got my bfp.
Also it is normal not to feel excited, on our 3rd attempt I tried to but truthfully I really didn't hold out much hope, I was just going through the motions and was preparing for ivf.
Wishing you lots of luck :)

Hi ladies,

I have been working my nights and feel like I've missed so much!! I had a break down yesterday after I had some cramps and lots of EWCM.... Maybe I missed O and this is when I should of had the IUI done. Anyone experience this 4 dpiui?? IUI was done cd11 which i felt was early but I got a positive opk.

Canadian Maple- Glad you were able to start :) good luck. Clomid can do some funny things to your body but I didnt find it as bad as most people say.

Want2be (GOOD NAME, must be confusing for the girls here :) )
After IUI for a few days I had ewcm, so I wouldnt worry too much. This is from the catheter loosening your cm. Did you trigger?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->