Donor Sperm IUI/IVF- 2012

Canadian, what I learnt in this process, YOU know your body and trust in that. If they are monitoring your follicles regularly, they shouldnt miss your ovulation. It sounds like alot of stress on you for nothing. Look at the facts, your follicles are about 13, your lining is excellent, you havent had any cm, to me, it is all looking great. As you will see from my ticker, one month they missed my ovulation as they didnt bring me in to scan early enough. Our protocol was, scanned from day 10 and from there we would decide when to be scanned next, so if it was 13, they would say ok, come back in 2 days, once it got to say 15 then I would go back every 24 hours, until I was ready to go. My last time I triggered at 17.
If you had ovulated, What they say will happen is you ovulate the dominant follicle, all the rest of the follicles will just fade away and you would see that on the U/S.
Wishing you lots of luck :)

Yeah they didn't worry about my LH either - they did track follie size and estrogen levels - and made sure I hadn't ovulated first.

Same for me as the other girls. They only tracked my LH to see if I would surge naturally or needed to trigger. My LH level before my surge was something like 14 (for only one maturing follicle) and then when I surged it was 40 so I didn't need a trigger at that point. Not sure why they are so concerned with yours staying under 10, especially if you have more than 1 large follicle. Keeping fingers crossed for you!

WOW I feel so out of the loop now! My internet was down and not working all of this time. Although it has kept me off line looking up symptoms.

I am 11 days past IUI. Day 9 past IUI I was woken up around 3am with horrible cramps , so painful I thought I was going to be sick!! I went to work hoping they would go away. They didnt so I went into emerg. They said my abdomen sounded very overactive and that was it!!!! Why must the doctors in my area be so unhelpful? Anyways no cramps today. I have been having alot of watery/white cervical mucus every since the IUI was done. I am hoping I am not out this month!

If we are out this month we are going to give IUI another go however this time I was demend monitoring AND i want a trigger shot. I am not risking $1800 on a $5 test!!

My blood work is Oct19th until then... I am going to try not to test. I MIGHT test in a couple days though

CM I hope they let you move forward. There is no reason to cancel if you still have follicles. Just make sure they stay on top of the scans!

want2be~ Fx for you! I think thats a great idea that if this one doesn't work you demand monitoring and a trigger if needed. No point in paying all that if they don't help you. I've been there and done that. Not fun!

CM-I hope when you go in for the mid-cycle ultrasound the lead follie is nice and big! I was so heart broken when I read it was cancelled. I hope you are in good shape, we're all pulling for you! I don't get my LH monitored-it's probably a good thing because I'd make myself nuts.

I'm going in for my mid-cycle ultrasound tomorrow. Hoping for good follies and lining!

I have to run to have dinner with my sister-in-law, I'll read more and check in when I'm home!

Hope you ladies are well!:flower:

I'm just posting before I eat. I'll be back, just swam out my frustration for about 40 minutes.

They're testing my LH because it was high during my baseline testing they did last spring. It sounds like I may have PCOS.

The RE reviewed today's results, my LH is still too high at 14.6 and now my progesterone is too high at 6.1 I think it means my body is trying really hard to ovulate too early without a good sized follicle ready. It can affect egg quality and cause an early m/c in some studies. (I found those, they clinic hasn't mentioned that at all.)

So, I opted not to cancel today and wait another 2 days. But they are really thinking I am going to need injectables and need to meet with the head RE in the next few weeks to come up with a plan B.

CM - Sorry to hear you're still being pulled around. I have diagnosed PCOS so maybe that is why my LH was higher too :shrug: My doctor wasn't concerned with it and obviously everything turned out ok so I don't know. I didn't have to use injectables and I ovulated on my own on CD 19 with clomid. I also had almost the same LH you have now for only one follicle and you have 3 so shouldn't that affect it too? Hopefully since you're continuing everything will work out ok.

Wow I missed so much breezing through everyone's posts!

CM-I can't believe the drama around this cycle!! I think it's a good idea to wait a few days. Try to keep your head up! We're all rooting for you! I could also be potentially starting injectable next cycle too.

Rae-How are you feeling these days?

Want2be-Sorry about all of the cramping. That sounds terrible! 11 dpiui? I would be fighting the urge to test! I hope this cycle is a BFP!

I had my mid cycle ultrasound today. It went well, lead follicle is 17.2mm, she wants me to trigger Thursday AM, IUI Friday at 11:30am. Because it's my 4th IUI we talked about a game plan if this cycle doesn't work. She said that we can do Ferema (sp), injectables, or look at IVF. She said before starting injectables, patients have to sit in a "class" which is like a 45 minute tutorial on injectables. I suppose that's a good thing considering DH and I are clueless about injectables.

Redhead - Doing ok here but food just isn't sitting right for me anymore. Pretty much everything makes me nauseous lately. Still no real morning sickness but my tummy is constantly unsettled. Otherwise, things are moving along. I'm just ready to be to the 12 week mark so I can tell work and stop hiding it.

Good luck with this cycle!! The injectables class is pretty quick and easy. In mine, they just went over each of the medicines the people attending would be using. Demonstrated how to draw it up and inject and then let us practice with the syringes and little rubber pieces.

Just curious about injectables... Do you have to get monitored everyday on them?

Wow I missed so much breezing through everyone's posts!

CM-I can't believe the drama around this cycle!! I think it's a good idea to wait a few days. Try to keep your head up! We're all rooting for you! I could also be potentially starting injectable next cycle too.

Rae-How are you feeling these days?

Want2be-Sorry about all of the cramping. That sounds terrible! 11 dpiui? I would be fighting the urge to test! I hope this cycle is a BFP!

I had my mid cycle ultrasound today. It went well, lead follicle is 17.2mm, she wants me to trigger Thursday AM, IUI Friday at 11:30am. Because it's my 4th IUI we talked about a game plan if this cycle doesn't work. She said that we can do Ferema (sp), injectables, or look at IVF. She said before starting injectables, patients have to sit in a "class" which is like a 45 minute tutorial on injectables. I suppose that's a good thing considering DH and I are clueless about injectables.

Good luck on Friday!! Fx for you!

Just curious about injectables... Do you have to get monitored everyday on them?

I don't know if it is everyday but I do know it is more. Not only that but the meds are really expensive. I think around 3,000.00 maybe 3,500.00. I could be wrong though. :shrug: Hopefully you won't have to go that route.

I didn't get monitored every day on injectables -

My injection meds were not all that expensive... at least not for IUI. Ask your clinic if they have any meds to donate. My IVF meds were over 2,000, though.

I got monitored every other day to start with injections and then every day closer towards the end. My meds were expensive too - I think around the $2,000 range

So, I only have one follicle now at 17.5mm. My other two quit growing.

They are waiting on my b/w but they are already talking about next cycle. Are my odds that low with just one?

I feel like I have to give it a chance but I worry since I bought the two last vials from my donor.

I wonder what the stats are on success. They are acting like I really don't have a chance.

See if they will trigger it and do the IUI! Fx CM!

Seriously? One or Two is usually ideal! I wish you could come to my clinic

My cycle was canceled. My estrogen was way too low, it should have been around 800 and was only 312. My LH was finally under 10 at 9.6 and my progesterone was dropping from 6.1 to 5.6.

So now we wait a few weeks to see the head RE for a new plan.

DH and I are devastated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->