Donor Sperm IUI/IVF- 2012

Congratulations Holly!!

Nothing new to report here. My abdomen is super tender and my stomach is out of sorts (thanks Trigger shot).

How's everyone else doing?

Hi Ladies,

I've been reading through this thread the past couple of days and I've decided to join. My journey began with trying at-home inseminations but to no success I'm moving up the ladder to IUI.

I have a doctors appt tomorrow to get the ball rolling. I've done plenty of research about clomid, trigger shots, etc. so I think I'm semi-aware of what to expect. Here's my question for you ladies...

When I go to the doctor, what should I ask for and/or demand?

I'm asking because I don't want it to be a waste of an appt or copay lol.

Hi mistiq and welcome :)

This is a very lucky thread so far so i wish you lots of luck.

Have you had any tests carried out so far? I would recommend an Antral follicle count test if you haven't had one, this test can not only help to rule out pcos but it can tell you how many follicles you have. Also have your bloods checked.
So many women waste time, money and emotions on iui without having previous tests to make sure all is A OK.

Hi mistiq and welcome :)

This is a very lucky thread so far so i wish you lots of luck.

Have you had any tests carried out so far? I would recommend an Antral follicle count test if you haven't had one, this test can not only help to rule out pcos but it can tell you how many follicles you have. Also have your bloods checked.
So many women waste time, money and emotions on iui without having previous tests to make sure all is A OK.

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Yes this thread has been quite successful, hopefully I can join in on that trend.

I haven't had any TTC tests run thus far. I've been to the obgyn countless times and they've done plenty of tests/blood work in the past but none specific to this area. I'll be sure to bring these two tests up, thank you for the insight.

Hi mystiq!

This is a great thread, the ladies are wonderful.

I agree with wanb. They will most likely give you blood work which is a necessity. Also ask about getting a HSG done to make sure there are no blockages before you get your iui. They also improve fertility by clearing out the tubes, so why not? :flower: I would also ask what monitoring is involved...how many tries will they let you try on each medication...
What's the policy on unmedicated iuis vs. Medicated.

That's all I can really think of now. I'm sure the rest of the ladies may have something more to add.

Thanks WANBMUM and Redhead7211 for the tips!

I just got back from my appointment and the initial steps were smooth. I've been sent away with things to do:

• Sonogram
  • HSG Test
  • Bloodwork

Glad this visit was pleasant! I'll keep everyone posted :flower:

Hi ladies,
DH and I just got back from injectables class at our RE's office. It was very informative, I feel much more better about taking that step if this IUI is not successful.

I'm 5 dpiui today. I've been feeling pretty good! Lot's of CM still, still have a very sensitive abdomen which is especially tender when I stretch to reach something. Stomach is still out of sorts too.

How's everyone else feeling?

I just wanted to pop in and let you know we're going to be on a break for awhile.

Our head RE is on personal leave until December. We are going to see him his second day back on Dec 6. They will be closed for Christmas and doing renos in January so the earliest cycle we can do will be in February. I'm going to try not to think about anything TTC/baby-wise until my appointment and just focus on living my life. It's almost been a year since our diagnosis and this year has been horrible. We're going to focus on US for a bit since we didn't get that chance as newlyweds because of all of this infertilty crap.

I hope you all do well with your TTC journey and I will be back as soon as I feel ready. I just feel like I have been waiting forever and it's not doing me any good being on a site like this if we have no chance of getting pregnant for another 3 months.

CM-I understand and will miss seeing you on the boards. I have stayed away because it was too hard for me to be here so I understand. You and DH deserve happiness and time enjoying each other. I wish you all of the best and we will be here when you decide to join the TTC community. :flower::hugs:

Hugs, CM! I totally understand the need for a break! Hope you have a wonderful time enjoying each other!

Welcome Mystiq!

CM~ I'm so sorry about everything that is going on. I hope you will be back. When you return we will be here to cheer you on! :hugs:

CM- sorry to hear that. I hope to see you back here soon and wish you the best until then.

My blood work came back, results were as I expected - NEGATIVE.
Normally my cycle is 32 days and I am 2 days late... really wishing it would just show up so I can start clomid again. I am doing IUI with a donor again but this time getting follicle tracking via blood work and ultrasound with a possible trigger shot. Hope the next time is my chance. If not we are done trying until spring. Hard on the bank account :(

I'm so sorry that you're out for this month. With the Clomid I have gotten my period a few days late several times. What a cruel joke. I bet getting monitored and the trigger will be just the ticket for you!

Well speak of the devil! Started getting cramps and yup shes here. Bitter sweet I guess. Didnt get a BFP but atleast I can move on to the next cycle!

Sorry about AF showing up.

I'm 10 dpiui today. I feel pretty good, had a big glob of EWCM in my underwear (TMI sorry). I have a cold/flu or something. I had a sore throat Thursday and Friday and now it's a full blown--some kinda funk.

How's everyone feeling?

Red- good luck!

I'm ok. Been fighting uti since last week so finally caved in and made appt to see a dr (or rather nurse practioner) on Wednesday (Tuesday was busy for me).

Well ladies I'm 99% sure AF is on her way. I suspect she will make some sort of appearance tomorrow. I'm not really feeling down like I usually do at this point. I think I'm just excited to be almost over this flu I've had for over a week and be moving on with the next step, which for us is injectables.

Have any of you ladies had no success with Clomid, but success with injectables?

Thanks! Hope you are all well!!

Sorry to hear things didnt work. I hope next month is your month!

I live 3 hrs from where I had my treatment done last time. This time I wanted tracking which they do daily ( i cant drive 6 hours every haha ) so I was sent to a doctor that they work with. While there I got the most amazing news!!!! Turns out that through where I live the government pays for 3 IUI's. Im a little upset that I didnt know this before I spent $1600 last month but oh well. So we arent doing anything this month. The doctor was beyond helpful,caring and nice. So different from the other clinic. She wants to clear my tubes just to be sure, then next month do the tracking, clomid and injectables! I cant wait :)

If the cycle works out by the normal amount of days that I go by I can test Dec 24th could be the best christmas this year ( hopefully )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->