Donor Sperm IUI/IVF- 2012

What great news!! Do you have your HSG scheduled? I recommend wearing a heavy duty pad to that appointment and taking some pain pills before hand. :flower: Hopefully we will get some BFP's within the next few months in this thread!!

Had my HSG done wednesday. I will say it did hurt more then I had expected. Not sure if thats a good thing that I went in expecting it to not hurt, atleast I wasnt nervous! It wasnt overly terrible but deffinately could think of better things haha

She said everything looked great and the test was done in record timing, she's never had it work so quickly. So very clear! woohoo

Just waiting for cycle day 1 then to call and book some ultrasounds and blood work.... oh yeah and to take the dreaded clomid again! Hopefully this will be the last time.

How is everyone else doing?

Hey ladies. Sorry I've been so AWOL. I felt very much like CM (thinking of you, by the way, CM). It's very, very difficult to just be 'in limbo' at any point when TTC, but when you're so close to the end result and you're just not getting anywhere fast it gets even harder. I was fine as I was going through my IUI treatments, but as soon as they finished and we were just waiting for IVF news I felt like I was WTT all over again and it was incredibly difficult. At least other couples can TTC with the very small chance of pregnancy whilst waiting for more invasive treatments, but of course us ladies don't have that possibility and it's incredibly difficult to cope with. I was beginning to resent everybody, no matter what their situation, and I didn't like feeling that way. Being on BnB was not helping my state of mind and so I disappeared for a bit.

Anyway, back now with absolutely wonderful news, which we found out last Monday ... the NHS have approved us for 1 free cycle of IVF :dance: We found out at the end of our IVF set-up appointment, which we'd organised just to be ready for when the time came. Talk about chuffed! Even better was that I was day 19 so I was nearly ready for my next cycle.

Tomorrow I'm having a fairly new procedure called an 'endometrial scratch', which is literally a scratch made in the womb lining the cycle before an IVF cycle. It seems to be increasing the chances of success and at just £70 we feel it is worth a shot. We'd like to know we tried everything we could. Then later in the week I should get AF and will be starting injections from day 3. I'm on the antagonist cycle, which is a short cycle. I have a lowish AMH for my age (5.76) and am really hoping that I produce lots of nice eggs. I can't believe I could potentially (and hopefully) be in the 2ww in 3 weeks' time. :happydance:

Anyway, because of me being back on the TTC wagon, I felt able to return.

---

want2be - I have say I found the HSG incredibly painful for a couple of seconds when she squirted the dye through the catheter. I involuntarily doubled up on the bed and felt my face scrunching up in agony and I moaned. I have a high pain threshold and was surprised at how painful it was. I'm not sure if that's normal or not, but it was ever so painful for 2 seconds. They did say on my scan that it looked like my tubes might have spasmed during the procedure (no kidding!) Anyway, glad to hear all is A-OK. It's a huge relief, isn't it? :hugs:

Redhead - really sorry about it not working :nope: Thinking of you :hugs:

deafgal - sorry about the UTI. I do hope it's cleared up now?

Sorry, this is my first time using a forum and I am not really sure what the proper etiquette or procedure is for posting a new question...

My partner and I are trying for the fourth time as soon as possible using at home insem however funding is getting tight and unfortunately our known donor (family friend) is no long an option. So I was wondering if anyone on here has used or knows somebody who has used the sperm donors worldwide website to find free donors? If so, what was your experience like?

Hi Lisa :wave:

Nothing wrong with how/what you've posted, so don't worry.

I'm afraid I can't help (we're going via a clinic), but I hope somebody will be able to answer your question soon. If not, it may be worthwhile starting a new thread with your question on the Assisted Conception board to reach a larger range of readers.

Hi Ladies!

I know I've been extremely AWOL for a couple of weeks but I had to stay to self and get a lot of prep work done.

I had my HSG done yesterday and that experience was less than pleasurable. The balloon inflating and the cramps from the dye was completely unexpected, and the aftermath of feeling sore for the rest of the night was my least favorite part.

I was also started on Clomid 2x/day @ 50mg about 2 days ago and so far so good. No harsh mood swings or moody spills. My doctor also put me on metoformin and prenatals. Found out that I have PCOS and was devastated but I won't lament on that any longer.

So now for the good news, I go in on the 19th for an U/S and on the 20th for my IUI!!!! :happydance: The best part about it all is....I'll be inseminated on my birthday :wohoo:

GL to everyone in their tww and tons of baby dust to all!

Glad everyone is making progress!!!

SB - I have everything crossed for you and hope you become another Azoo IVF success story!!!

Les- Birthdays are lucky for treatment!! I had ER on my birthday and am now 10 weeks!! Hoping this is it for you :)

So now for the good news, I go in on the 19th for an U/S and on the 20th for my IUI!!!! :happydance: The best part about it all is....I'll be inseminated on my birthday :wohoo:

Happy Birthday and IUI day, LM! :cake: Hope all went smoothly today and sending lots of :dust: to you.

I'm afraid I have been AWOL too...maybe we should rename the thread? haha

Silver-I can totally relate to your feelings. I think everyone on here can. I'm so psyched you're going to be starting IVF! I know nothing about IVF really, keep us updated. Do you know what drugs you'll be taking? I've never heard of the endo scratch before.

LM-How are you feeling? Happy Birthday!!:happydance:

Want2be-Any news at your end?

Lissa-Welcome to the forum! I am using a clinic so unfortunately I can't help you.

I'm currently in the TWW. I started 75iu of Gonal F this cycle, my first with injectables. I felt pretty good while taking them other than the sore belly from the shots. I had my IUI done Saturday, with my plush lining and one mature follicle. :thumbup: Yesterday 2 dpiui I had terrible pain in my right ovary (the ovary where I ovulated from). I was super scared that my ovary was blowing out or something, but I took 2 tylenol and the pain subsided with a heating pad on low. Have any of you felt this?

I am also a bit concerned that the Trigger shot didn't work. While we were mixing it up the syringe wasn't sucking up the saline solution. Then we finally got everything all mixed up and when we went to suck the HCG up a tiny bit of it started bubbling out where the needle screws on to the syringe. Ugh. I hope I ovulated.

I hope everyone is doing well!!

Redhead- Great news that you are in the TWW, best of luck !!!

No knew news just waiting for the old witch to show up so I can start my clomid again. I got serious pimples this month from taking it!!

Hey,

Are any of you buying extra vials in case you want more children with the same donor? It's ridiculous the shit we need to think of in this situation!

We have a vial being stored at the fertility clinic since we ordered 2 but only needed 1 for our IUI. We're saving that one but not purchasing any extra for now.

Silver-I can totally relate to your feelings. I think everyone on here can. I'm so psyched you're going to be starting IVF! I know nothing about IVF really, keep us updated. Do you know what drugs you'll be taking? I've never heard of the endo scratch before.

I'm currently in the TWW. I started 75iu of Gonal F this cycle, my first with injectables. I felt pretty good while taking them other than the sore belly from the shots. I had my IUI done Saturday, with my plush lining and one mature follicle. :thumbup: Yesterday 2 dpiui I had terrible pain in my right ovary (the ovary where I ovulated from). I was super scared that my ovary was blowing out or something, but I took 2 tylenol and the pain subsided with a heating pad on low. Have any of you felt this?

I am also a bit concerned that the Trigger shot didn't work. While we were mixing it up the syringe wasn't sucking up the saline solution. Then we finally got everything all mixed up and when we went to suck the HCG up a tiny bit of it started bubbling out where the needle screws on to the syringe. Ugh. I hope I ovulated.

Redhead - I've already started the IVF process. I'm on CD7 today. Been taking daily Gonal F 300IU since CD3 (I was on 75IU for IUIs) and today I had to add another injection called Cetrotide, which stops me from ovulating too early. I take the 2 injections (Gonal F and Cetrotide) every day now until told otherwise by the clinic. My next scan is on Saturday to see how my follies are growing. Last Saturday on CD3 I had 8 or 9 follies in total, which I'm pleased with considering I have a low AMH for my age. Just hoping they all grow and I get some nice eggs at the end of all this.

Don't worry about the trigger shot - a tiny bit bubbling out will really have no effect. They give you much more than you need and that amount really won't make a difference. You will have ovulated. I often had pains after my IUI - 2 or 3 days later. I also had cycles where I had no pain at all. You know by now how crazy our bodies are. Don't worry and try to relax. I hope the 2ww goes super-quick for you and that you don't see :witch: for a very, very long time. :dust:

No knew news just waiting for the old witch to show up so I can start my clomid again. I got serious pimples this month from taking it!!

Hope the :witch: shows up soon so you can get started. Sorry about the pimples - that sucks.

Hey,

Are any of you buying extra vials in case you want more children with the same donor? It's ridiculous the shit we need to think of in this situation!

Hi cbergs. Not sure where everybody's from and how it works in different clinics, but at my clinic you're allocated to a sperm donor until you change him, so I know that if we get a successful outcome from our IVF that I can just phone and get them to keep vials for us (for a charge). We do personally want to do this, just so any children are biologically related ... however I must say it wouldn't be the end of the world for us if this didn't happen. I think the very fact we're using donor sperm signifies that for us genes aren't everything! Plus as DH has a genetic condition that caused all this in the first place, genes aren't particularly high on our list of priorities. In fact, we bloody hate them. :haha: Hope you can come to a decision soon :hugs:

cbergs - for my IUI's I had bought multiple vials, thinking the same thing! It is so overwhelming! I think that my clinic - once you verify your pregnancy with them, you can get vials for 'sibling only' even after they are taken off the registry. You could call and ask each one how that works.
However, the nice thing about my IVF was I only had to purchase 1 vial - and now any siblings will hopefully come from the frosties.

Sorry, this is my first time using a forum and I am not really sure what the proper etiquette or procedure is for posting a new question...

My partner and I are trying for the fourth time as soon as possible using at home insem however funding is getting tight and unfortunately our known donor (family friend) is no long an option. So I was wondering if anyone on here has used or knows somebody who has used the sperm donors worldwide website to find free donors? If so, what was your experience like?

I just wanted to wish you the best of luck. We went through a clinic for IUI's and used a bank for the DS. Nothing free about it for us.

Hi Ladies!

I know I've been extremely AWOL for a couple of weeks but I had to stay to self and get a lot of prep work done.

I had my HSG done yesterday and that experience was less than pleasurable. The balloon inflating and the cramps from the dye was completely unexpected, and the aftermath of feeling sore for the rest of the night was my least favorite part.

I was also started on Clomid 2x/day @ 50mg about 2 days ago and so far so good. No harsh mood swings or moody spills. My doctor also put me on metoformin and prenatals. Found out that I have PCOS and was devastated but I won't lament on that any longer.

Sorry to catch up late! Happy belated birthday and I hope the IUI went well. Fx for you!

LM-How are you feeling? Happy Birthday!!:happydance:

Want2be-Any news at your end?

Lissa-Welcome to the forum! I am using a clinic so unfortunately I can't help you.

I have never had pain like that before so I can't help with that. Don't worry about the trigger shot. As long as you got most of it you are good to go. Fx for you in your 2ww!

Redhead- Great news that you are in the TWW, best of luck !!!

I hope AF shows for you soon so that you can get started again.

Hey,

We ordered two to begin with. Used one and got our bfp. So we have one left at the clinic. The issue with our donor is that we got just about the last of what was there to order. I think there was 2 more but after I looked again it was gone. The donor isn't allowed to donate again so I'm hoping that if we do decide to try again it will only take one time. I will say that I will have a fear of another set of twins if we do try again! It is really unfortunate that we need to plan for the unknown future. Although like silver said genetics aren't everything. Yes it would be nice to have them be biological siblings but it isn't the most important thing.

Silver~ I hope you are doing well and good luck on your IVF journey! I hope your scan goes well on Saturday!

:hi: to everyone else and I hope you are all doing well! Sorry if I missed anyone. Good luck in the 2ww's and FX for a bfp!

Cbergs-My DH and I have just been buying 1 vial at a time. Part of it is for financial reasons, the other we really haven't talked about having multiple children. It's been such a struggle to get pregnant with just one it seems so long off that we'll be talking about siblings.

How are all the pregnant mamas feeling?

I know they give you way more than necessary of the HCG. The nurse told me you actually need like half of it for it to work.

Silver-Let us know how you make out Saturday.:flower: Do you take the Cetrotide in your belly too? You must be so sore! I was getting sore just from the Gonal F and trigger.

Want2be-I hope AF shows up soon. Pimples suck. I had a few around the time Polita got pregnant, now I have like 5. ha 3 are going away, but I have 2 major ones on my cheek that are monsters.

I'm feeling pretty good. I've moved into the incredible thirst and peeing a lot stage. Still have occasional pain on my ovulating side, but nothing that is crippling. I still am pretty bloated, but overall I can't complain.

DH and I are getting to that point where we are wondering if I really can get pregnant. I'm 25, healthy and they can't find anything wrong with me, but it still hasn't happened yet. We are hopeful for this cycle because we are using new meds. However, I think we are getting to the point where if this or the next one doesn't work we may just invest in adoption. It's just hard to not know what exactly is going on with your body. I'm sure you ladies can relate.

On a different note, a friend of mine gave me a unique birthday present a few weeks. It's a replica of a statuette of Venus of Willendorf which is like the oldest piece of art and is thought to be a fertility symbol. I brought it with me to all of my ultrasound appointments and to the IUI procedure. I'll take any good juju I can get!

Any news yet Redhead?? When can tou test? I am hoping those are good signs :)

AF is due to arrive tomorrow, hopefully she shows.
I did not get any extra vials because we had 3 people picked out. They ask you to do that just incase 1 person runs out. Between the 3 it really doesnt bother me so I would just move to the next person. This cycle we will be getting 2 vials and they are doing 2 inseminations

Well Tuesday will be 10dpiui, which is usually when I get the urge to test. By next Saturday I will probably know one way or another.

Good luck getting your period!

Silver-Let us know how you make out Saturday.:flower: Do you take the Cetrotide in your belly too? You must be so sore! I was getting sore just from the Gonal F and trigger.

DH and I are getting to that point where we are wondering if I really can get pregnant. I'm 25, healthy and they can't find anything wrong with me, but it still hasn't happened yet. We are hopeful for this cycle because we are using new meds. However, I think we are getting to the point where if this or the next one doesn't work we may just invest in adoption. It's just hard to not know what exactly is going on with your body. I'm sure you ladies can relate.

Aw, Redhead, I'm so sorry. DH and I have been wondering if I can get pregnant too. We just figured 6 IUIs should have worked. I guess we'll know for sure after a couple of IVF cycles ... Adoption would be in line for us then too. Yes, the Gonal F every day and Cetrotide every day now too - one on each side every day. The Cetrotide needle is thicker and harder to push in, so I find that one a bit more difficult to do, but doing well so far.

Really hoping next week brings you your :bfp: :dust:

AFM I had my CD10 scan today and my left ovary has 4 follies and my right one has gone a teeny bit wild and there's currently 12 follies! I'm very pleased, though of course some of those are small, so I won't get all of them producing mature eggs at collection. The group of medium follies they want to focus on are currently around 12mm, so just waiting on them to grow a bit more. Next scan early on Monday morning.

Great news silver! That's a lot of follies! Your ovaries must be huge and feel like rocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->