Donor Sperm IUI/IVF- 2012

Hi Ladies!

Thank you SunUp, SilverBell, RedHead7211, and MrsC8776 for the Birthday wishes and IUI success wishes :flower:

My birthday was fabulous, I was able to feed the homeless and have my IUI all in the same day--exactly how I wanted to celebrate it.

The day before IUI I had 6 mature follicles: 3 on the right - 22, 22, & 14; and 3 on the left 22, 22, & 14. So I am prayerful that :spermy: catches at least one of my eggies!

At this point I'm 4dpi and feel fine except for the gas (TMI) that I'm experiencing from the procedure. My RE inflated a balloon in me right before the actual insemination, so that pressure was a bit intense and similar to that of the HSG test.

Anyhow, I'm going to try NOT to symptom spot but that's like trying to convince myself not to breath lol.

How's everyone else feeling?

Wow LM. That's a lot of follies for IUI. My clinic won't do IUI if more than 2 due to risk of multiples.

Keeping everything crossed for you :dust:

I'm glad your birthday was everything you wanted! I agree with silver, that is a lot of follies! Were you on meds? The odds are definitely in your favor. I usually am gassy after iui too. It's a good thing to try and not symptom spot. I did at first, but after the 2nd or 3rd I gave up on it.

I'm feeling pretty good. I'm very emotional today. I legitimately hollered at my husband. I still can feel my emotions on high. I also have occasional heavy ovaries, this odd cramping like when you run, and am terribly thirsty. Ah I just want to know already. I'm so impatient.

Silverbell I didn't occur to me that that was a BIG deal until I read your post then did my own research. My RE never made mention of any risk or desire to cancel if I had over a certain number of follies. Anywho, thank you for the babydust!!!! :hugs:

RedHead7211 I was on 100mg Clomid from cd5 to cd9 and triggered the day before IUI. I really do hope the odds are safely in my favor. I never anticipated multiples greater than two so this will be nerve wrecking until I find out. And the gas was unbelievable and still is, I wonder if I should still be so bloated. We are sooooo twins when it comes to being impatient haha!!!! I'm shoveling TONS of baby :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: your way!!!! :winkwink:

So I tested the trigger yesterday and 2 lines barely showed but when I went back and looked at it later...BAM! The lines were SUPER strong so it's safe to say that even at 5dpi the trigger is still in my system.

Silver-How did you make out at the doctor?

LM-I am still bloated, gassy and peeing and am 9 dpiui. I tested the trigger out my first time with the trigger with dollar store pregnancy test. I stopped seeing a line around 7 dpiui. I apparently have a hard time seeing lines on tests as I didn't see anything on them (that I can recall now at least) when the tests were fresh, but dried out I could see a line.
Thanks for the baby dust! We need as much as we can get! I've been trying to stay positive and frequently day dream about being pregnant and telling my parents etc. We will see I guess.

Hello MRSC8776 I would like to say congrats to you on your BFP!!!! I am 30 years old and DH is 31 my husband was also dx with azoospermia we have been together 10 years and decided to seek help after a year of marriage, i have had 7 medicated iui cycles with donor sperm and i am on cycle numb 7 in the dreadful 2ww, i am 7dpo today, this past year has been so hard for me and my husband to the point where i feel like giving up, i have read your story and it is amazing i really feel hopeful because of you, its a joy for me to hear about the post outcomes and i wld love to join you ladies and share my story with you all im really prayin to god that he will bless me with my rainbow at the end of my storm.

Silver-Let us know how you make out Saturday.:flower: Do you take the Cetrotide in your belly too? You must be so sore! I was getting sore just from the Gonal F and trigger.

DH and I are getting to that point where we are wondering if I really can get pregnant. I'm 25, healthy and they can't find anything wrong with me, but it still hasn't happened yet. We are hopeful for this cycle because we are using new meds. However, I think we are getting to the point where if this or the next one doesn't work we may just invest in adoption. It's just hard to not know what exactly is going on with your body. I'm sure you ladies can relate.

Aw, Redhead, I'm so sorry. DH and I have been wondering if I can get pregnant too. We just figured 6 IUIs should have worked. I guess we'll know for sure after a couple of IVF cycles ... Adoption would be in line for us then too. Yes, the Gonal F every day and Cetrotide every day now too - one on each side every day. The Cetrotide needle is thicker and harder to push in, so I find that one a bit more difficult to do, but doing well so far.

Really hoping next week brings you your :bfp: :dust:

AFM I had my CD10 scan today and my left ovary has 4 follies and my right one has gone a teeny bit wild and there's currently 12 follies! I'm very pleased, though of course some of those are small, so I won't get all of them producing mature eggs at collection. The group of medium follies they want to focus on are currently around 12mm, so just waiting on them to grow a bit more. Next scan early on Monday morning.

How did your scan go? I can't wait to hear how many you get at ER! Fx for some good eggs!

Hi Ladies!

Thank you SunUp, SilverBell, RedHead7211, and MrsC8776 for the Birthday wishes and IUI success wishes :flower:

My birthday was fabulous, I was able to feed the homeless and have my IUI all in the same day--exactly how I wanted to celebrate it.

The day before IUI I had 6 mature follicles: 3 on the right - 22, 22, & 14; and 3 on the left 22, 22, & 14. So I am prayerful that :spermy: catches at least one of my eggies!

At this point I'm 4dpi and feel fine except for the gas (TMI) that I'm experiencing from the procedure. My RE inflated a balloon in me right before the actual insemination, so that pressure was a bit intense and similar to that of the HSG test.

Anyhow, I'm going to try NOT to symptom spot but that's like trying to convince myself not to breath lol.

How's everyone else feeling?

That is a ton of follies! Fx for your bfp this month! When will you be testing?

Hello MRSC8776 I would like to say congrats to you on your BFP!!!! I am 30 years old and DH is 31 my husband was also dx with azoospermia we have been together 10 years and decided to seek help after a year of marriage, i have had 7 medicated iui cycles with donor sperm and i am on cycle numb 7 in the dreadful 2ww, i am 7dpo today, this past year has been so hard for me and my husband to the point where i feel like giving up, i have read your story and it is amazing i really feel hopeful because of you, its a joy for me to hear about the post outcomes and i wld love to join you ladies and share my story with you all im really prayin to god that he will bless me with my rainbow at the end of my storm.

Thank you and welcome! :hugs: Sorry to hear about the azoo. Theres a few ladies from this thread who have also gotten their bfp using DS. There are also a few who are on their way. :winkwink: Just never give up because anything is possible. The IUI that worked for me was the one that I didn't believe would work. I think after trying for so long we just get to a point where we feel like it isn't ever going to work and then it does. What are you doing for your IUI's? Are you taking clomid or anything? Fx for a bfp for you.

Red~ When will you be testing?

I hope you all are doing well. I try to keep up and cheer you all on in here. Sorry if I get a bit lost sometimes. :flower:

AFM I had my CD10 scan today and my left ovary has 4 follies and my right one has gone a teeny bit wild and there's currently 12 follies! I'm very pleased, though of course some of those are small, so I won't get all of them producing mature eggs at collection. The group of medium follies they want to focus on are currently around 12mm, so just waiting on them to grow a bit more. Next scan early on Monday morning.

How did your scan go? I can't wait to hear how many you get at ER! Fx for some good eggs!

My scan went well. It looks like I might get 10 eggs in total at ER (some are now too big and some too small). They reckon ER will be Friday - I'll find out for sure at tomorrow's scan.

Redhead7211 I also tried to test the trigger out but could only see it once the test dried so at this point I think it's out of my system. I'm a BIG daydreamer too, it's almost sad how much work doesn't get done due to my endless thoughts of a BFP haha. When are you testing? You're 2dpi days ahead of me.

my rainbow Welcome to the group! It looks like we are matching cycle/ovulation buddies!! I'm 8dpo today as I believe you are too. When do you plan on testing?

MrsC8776 Thank you! And I think I'll test tomorrow just to take the edge off since my anxiety is wearing me thin. I expect it to be a BFN. I'll then wait until Sunday to test again.

silverbell Those are some good follies you got there! Can't wait to hear the news from your scan? Does your RE have "rule" of how many is too many to move forward with the procedure?

LM - Just FYI for different clinics... my clinic would have done the IUI because it would consider you as having 4 follicles that were mature, they would only count ones over 18, and 4 is the max.

I have my fingers crossed for you!!

SB 10 is awesome!!

Welcome to the group myrainbow!!! Question, would you consider IVF? IUI didnt work for me, but IVF did.

Myrainbow-Welcome to the group! MrsC is a fabulous woman. I enjoy stalking the DS pregnancy thread where our success stories are.

Silver-Sounds great! I can't wait to hear about the next scan. I'm crossing my fingers for you!

MrsC/LM-I have absolutely 0% patience for the TWW. I normally start testing 10 dpiui, but I am at the point where I feel like it just will never happen so I am going to try and wait it out. ha at least until tomorrow.:wacko:

I am still terribly emotional. I think it's just from starting to feel like I will never get pregnant. I just feel how most of us have at some point I suppose. Like why are we investing so much money into trying to get pregnant after failed IUI's? Is it even possible that I can get pregnant? I think I'm taking it out on DH a lot because I feel like there's no possible way he can understand the want/need to have a baby. On a less Debby Downer note, I also have incredibly sore boobs, on and off leg cramps (which I usually get with AF), real thirsty, into fruit, and really tired. Who knows what it all means.

How are the rest of you ladies feeling?

Redhead - I was the same as you. I always tried to wait out the TWW but always gave in at day 10. 14 days is just way too long to wait!

AF finally arrived WOOHOO get to start this again!
Getting tracking this time though. Starting next monday, I am excited for this cycle and am staying positive :)

silverbell Those are some good follies you got there! Can't wait to hear the news from your scan? Does your RE have "rule" of how many is too many to move forward with the procedure?

Not for IVF, no. I presume there must be a high limit somewhere, but I'm nowhere near it. I've heard ladies having 20 + eggs retrieved before.

Unfortunately there only appear to be 7 follies of the same size at today's scan, but the good news is that they're all ready to go, so I'm triggering tonight, ER on Friday and then ET Monday (or possibly Wednesday depending on growth).

Just want it over and to be in the 2ww now. lol I'm praying the quality of these eggs are good.

Good luck to all those testing soon, including LM and RH :dust:

Redhead7211 Lol @ at least until tomorrow! Well I'm worse than you, I caved! :dohh:

want2beamamma Glad AF showed for you, good luck with planning this cycle, FX for you!

silverbell I'll keep you in my prayers that your eggs are of GREAT quality :winkwink:

AFM, I caved and tested last night, I got a positive but I think it might be a false positive. I'm not sure what to make of the results :wacko:. I didn't test out the trigger like maybe I should have and I'm 9dpt so it could still be in my system. I'm going to wait until Saturday or Sunday to test again. What do you ladies think?

Redhead7211 Lol @ at least until tomorrow! Well I'm worse than you, I caved! :dohh:

want2beamamma Glad AF showed for you, good luck with planning this cycle, FX for you!

silverbell I'll keep you in my prayers that your eggs are of GREAT quality :winkwink:

AFM, I caved and tested last night, I got a positive but I think it might be a false positive. I'm not sure what to make of the results :wacko:. I didn't test out the trigger like maybe I should have and I'm 9dpt so it could still be in my system. I'm going to wait until Saturday or Sunday to test again. What do you ladies think?

OMG surely that's a positive? Not sure how long the trigger stays in. I'm praying it's a :bfp: for you!

PS You've now made me determined to test my trigger out!

OMG surely that's a positive? Not sure how long the trigger stays in. I'm praying it's a :bfp: for you!

AHHHHHHHH I'm so confused and excited!!! According to all the ovulation calendars and charts, implantation could've happened yesterday, today, or tomorrow. I wonder if it's too early?! :wacko:

And yes pleeeeeeeeeease test out the trigger so you won't be in limbo like me.

Not for IVF, no. I presume there must be a high limit somewhere, but I'm nowhere near it. I've heard ladies having 20 + eggs retrieved before.

Unfortunately there only appear to be 7 follies of the same size at today's scan, but the good news is that they're all ready to go, so I'm triggering tonight, ER on Friday and then ET Monday (or possibly Wednesday depending on growth).

Just want it over and to be in the 2ww now. lol I'm praying the quality of these eggs are good.

Good luck to all those testing soon, including LM and RH :dust:

Good luck on the trigger and ER!!

There are some women who get 30+ eggs at ER but they usually end up with OHSS and have to wait for ET (egg transfer). OHSS is nothing to mess around with so getting that many is usually rare and pretty scary.

How dark are the lines? Fx this is it for you!! Do you have a pic of the test?

Ok, here's the pic...it's really faint.

Attachments

• photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member