• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Donor Sperm IUI/IVF- 2012

I know this is an older thread but it's hard to find others that have chosen to use donor sperm. My husband had 2 vasectomy reversal surgeries but neither of them worked so we decided to use a sperm donor. We now have a beautiful 19 month old daughter after doing IUI with a donor. We plan to try for another baby this summer or fall using the same donor.

I hope that I can connect with others in the same position. Sometimes it's nice to have someone to chat with about the donor subject and who better than with others that have chosen the same path. :)

Hi Maria! Welcome. I'm not sure who all still visits this thread but I'm more than happy to chat with you. Our situations are almost exactly the same with the failed VR's. We are still debating on if we will try again once the girls are a little older. The thought of another set of twins scares me a little bit though. Not only that but we have one vial of the DS left and thats all that is available for the donor we picked.

How is everyone else doing?

Well, I will be undergoing IUI soon. About two more months/cycles til I start that process with donor sperm. Scared and excited, still need to get the necessary blood screening done before that (which I will probably in about two to three weeks from now).

Btw welcome Maria!

Welcome Maria! Like MrsC said, I'm not sure how many of us are still around but I'll try to check in from time to time. Maybe once the others see the rest of us posting they'll join in. I think we've all been staying quiet out of respect for CM.

After 2 more failed home IUI cycles we've moved on to a slightly stimulated IUI cycle at a clinic. I'm on day 2 of taking 100mg of Clomid cd4-8. I have another HSG scheduled for Thursday and my u/s is schedules for Monday.

I'm here still! Been silently watching from the sidelines, but rooting for you all. DH and I are waiting just a little bit longer before starting iui with DS. Welcome, Maria!

I'm still here too. Just in the countdown to baby.

Im here too.
Had a call from our FS today- they are ready to start the bal rolling with our donor (known) as back up incase we cant get anything from hubby.

Hi to all xx

HI girls! Anybody have any idea what happened further with Canadian Maple? Can't find anything after her post about her husband's death (wow that's SOOO sad!). Been wondering about that.

Hey! I'm still here too... just pop in occasionally. CM is dealing with a lot so I keep her in my prayers. I don't think she will post on here for a while. At least I would have a hard time checking this site if I was her.

Hi ladies! I've missed chatting with the old gals and welcome Maria! :flower: Ever since the news of CM's husband I kinda disappeared from here. If you'd like to private chat you can PM me or we can email!

MrsC-Your daughters are breath taking! They're so big too!

SunUp and Rae-I can't believe it's almost time for you ladies to have your babies! Time goes by quickly! How are you both feeling?

deafgal-I'm so glad to hear you're finally going to start up with the IUI process!

AFM-I'm just enjoying teaching for right now. I honestly don't know what our next baby steps will be. I just feel like after all of the cycles we have gone through, that I can't get pregnant. I can't imagine dropping the money for IVF and have it not work. My heart would break for the loss, and I can't imagine dropping $5-10k or whatever the cost, when we could have put it towards adopting a baby.

I hope you're all well!:hugs:

Hi ladies,

I am still around. I took a break from feb/march. I am on cycle day 3 and trying again. BRING ON THE BFP!!!

How is everyone else doing?

I am thinking of CM :hugs:

Good, just still debating whether to select donors from sperm bank or have a friend donate his sperms for us to use. I just asked him yesterday and now my tummy are somersaulting because I want to know his answer but I refuse to bug him over it because it is a pretty heavy thing to think about- giving up some sperms to help me become a parent and having no parent rights over the baby if any is created. Luckily I do not see this friend often, once a year if any at all.

Same position here- using our my brother in law if/when need be :)
Good, just still debating whether to select donors from sperm bank or have a friend donate his sperms for us to use. I just asked him yesterday and now my tummy are somersaulting because I want to know his answer but I refuse to bug him over it because it is a pretty heavy thing to think about- giving up some sperms to help me become a parent and having no parent rights over the baby if any is created. Luckily I do not see this friend often, once a year if any at all.

Glad to know I am not alone in feeling anxious over that decision. Honestly I rather use my friend than a sperm bank. But I would understand if he said no.

We also thought of asking a friend but such a hard thing to ask!!!
Hope you find out soon :)

Tell me about it. It was so hard to ask, I went back and forth on it for like a year I believe. Finally just asked over text and still no answer yet.

My hubby asked his brother out of the blue and i was mortified at first but it was the best thing he done, I can see that now.
Have you had no reply at all? or he said he was thinking about it?
awful were in this situation but least were not alone xxx
Tell me about it. It was so hard to ask, I went back and forth on it for like a year I believe. Finally just asked over text and still no answer yet.

He said he would think about it. So hard not to jump in and give him my perspective but I wanted him to decide without my influence. This is a friend I met at my first school and then we parted ways but have maintained contact over the years so in a sense he is my best/close friend. If I said much more than what I had said, he might have felt inclined to say yes. He currently still not married and does not have any kids.

Well you have been honest and open with him and as a friend im sure he will do the same back whatever his decision will be. Is your hubby ok with it? xx
He said he would think about it. So hard not to jump in and give him my perspective but I wanted him to decide without my influence. This is a friend I met at my first school and then we parted ways but have maintained contact over the years so in a sense he is my best/close friend. If I said much more than what I had said, he might have felt inclined to say yes. He currently still not married and does not have any kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->