Donor Sperm IUI/IVF- 2012

kind: There are quite a few ladies on here that have gotten their :bfp: using d-iui, myself included.

It took us two rounds of D-IUI before it worked. This after two rounds of unmedicated home D-IVI's. I think that the progesterone I'm on (even though my progesterone levels were normal) is what helped. I'm 6w3d today and went in for an early ultrasound today where we were able to see her (hoping for a girl, also sounds better than, "it") heartbeat. Don't give up hope ladies!

Our little girl is from successful DIUI. It is definitely possible!

All my cycles will be medicated as I have PCOS, Hoping it works and IVF will be last resort.
Really pleased for you xxxx
It took us two rounds of D-IUI before it worked. This after two rounds of unmedicated home D-IVI's. I think that the progesterone I'm on (even though my progesterone levels were normal) is what helped. I'm 6w3d today and went in for an early ultrasound today where we were able to see her (hoping for a girl, also sounds better than, "it") heartbeat. Don't give up hope ladies!

MrsG - Our dIUI round was medicated too since I also have PCOS. I was on clomid and ovulated on it without needing the trigger shot. I was also on progesterone afterwards like Guenhwyvar

I'm still here. Just watching from the side lines when I have time.

Our 4th IUI was a success. It was the first medicated cycle as well as a new clinic and donor. We got blessed with twin girls. Sometimes it does take awhile and sometimes switching donors makes a difference as well. Don't give up because it will happen!

Guen~ congrats on your BFP!!!

Aw, huge congrats on the new arrivals and to Guen with her :bfp: Fabulous!

Just checking in after a loooonnng time away to say that after 6 failed medicated DIUI and 1 failed DIVF, we are now in the midst of our 2nd and last DIVF.

If this doesn't work, it's the end of the line for us. We'll be going down the adoption route. We can't bear any more heartache, financial loss and stress of it all.

The realisation that we're so close to 'the end' now scares me, but I know it's the right choice for us. I feel like we can't keep throwing money at this and 'flogging a dead horse' as they say. If 6 DIUI and 2 DIVFs don't work then it's pretty likely any further IVFs won't work either.

Egg collection and transfer are due to happen early next week, all being well.

Think of you all often and so glad to see some happy news on here.

SB- praying for you that this finally sticks. :hugs: I understand though- it is a lot of heartache and stress to go thru that many and not have a baby to hold in your arms yet. :hugs:

fingers x'd for you hun.
Hope you don't mind me asking how come you have had to pay, do you live in the UK? the only thing that keeps me going is the fact we will get NHS treatment because we couldn't afford it otherwise xxx
Aw, huge congrats on the new arrivals and to Guen with her :bfp: Fabulous!

Just checking in after a loooonnng time away to say that after 6 failed medicated DIUI and 1 failed DIVF, we are now in the midst of our 2nd and last DIVF.

If this doesn't work, it's the end of the line for us. We'll be going down the adoption route. We can't bear any more heartache, financial loss and stress of it all.

The realisation that we're so close to 'the end' now scares me, but I know it's the right choice for us. I feel like we can't keep throwing money at this and 'flogging a dead horse' as they say. If 6 DIUI and 2 DIVFs don't work then it's pretty likely any further IVFs won't work either.

Egg collection and transfer are due to happen early next week, all being well.

Think of you all often and so glad to see some happy news on here.

fingers x'd for you hun.
Hope you don't mind me asking how come you have had to pay, do you live in the UK? the only thing that keeps me going is the fact we will get NHS treatment because we couldn't afford it otherwise xxx

Hi MrsG

Of course I don't you asking. I live in the UK as well and unfortunately have used up the 6 DIUI and 1 x DIVF that were granted to me (they didn't even offer these as a given in the area I live - we had to apply for them to the 'exceptional circumstances' committee and were thankfully approved). So it was either pay up myself or not have any more. We wanted to try DIVF one last time and then if it failed at least we'd know we really did give it our all.

We've used up all our savings on it.

ah thank for that hun, I didn't realise some areas only get 1 shot at IVF, total shitty
Fingers x'd this time it works for you xxx
fingers x'd for you hun.

Hi MrsG

Of course I don't you asking. I live in the UK as well and unfortunately have used up the 6 DIUI and 1 x DIVF that were granted to me (they didn't even offer these as a given in the area I live - we had to apply for them to the 'exceptional circumstances' committee and were thankfully approved). So it was either pay up myself or not have any more. We wanted to try DIVF one last time and then if it failed at least we'd know we really did give it our all.

We've used up all our savings on it.

:wohoo: finally had my first IUI yesterday! Hope it gives me a bfp on first try!

Best of luck to you deafgal, I know you've waited a long time for this and I do hope you get some happy news very soon.

---

I'm not sure whether I should still be lurking in here or not. My second DIVF failed as I only had 1 egg collected, which didn't fertilise. They say I have probable egg maturation issues.

We have therefore decided to try with donor sperm and donor egg and we will be doing this fresh in November.

Good luck deafgal!

Silverbell: I don't see why you shouldn't lurk. Donor is donor, for better or worse you're one of us.

I agree with Guen! Silver bell, you should still stick around. Why should both being donor disqualify you from here? We want to support you thru your journey with that!

Aw, thank you ladies. I will stay then.

How are things, Guen?

Hi ladies!! :hi:

DG~ Yay for your first IUI! Fx its the only one you will need! :winkwink:

Silver~ I agree with the other ladies. Donor is donor no matter if it's eggs, sperm, or both. I'm sorry to hear that your last IVF didn't go well. Fx things turn around for you and you get your bfp with your first donor egg cycle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->