Donor Sperm IUI/IVF- 2012

Yes dh is ok with the idea. He actually brought it up again recently and asked if I had mentioned it or asked my friend yet. So I think we are ok with that idea and if not, we will use donor bank as plan b.

thats good- you have a plan and a back up. We do too and thats what keeps me going xx
Yes dh is ok with the idea. He actually brought it up again recently and asked if I had mentioned it or asked my friend yet. So I think we are ok with that idea and if not, we will use donor bank as plan b.

MrsG I agree having plan a and plan b and so forth helps keep my eye focused on the upcoming goals.

Went for my day 9 tracking... showing 3 follicles of 9.5mm on EACH side!!! Lets hope they all dont turn into something. Although it's a good sign and things are progressing well. I have longer cycles from 32-41 days.

Injections have been going well. Had to turn my head at first but now I can watch them going in. They don't hurt at all :) The only side effect is a headache. I've done some reading and you have to be sure to drink alot of water as they will dehydrate you.

Can't wait to try again I have a lucky feeling this time, I sure hope my feeling is right :)
Hmmm now to pick a donor again... this is the hard part.

That great Want2be! I always make DH do all the sperm decisions, it's a lot less stressful that way.

A little update from me. Today is 9dpiui. I'm hoping this is going to be my cycle since I don't feel like I can keep on fighting. AF will go missing on the 7th (I hope). I'm waiting as long as I can to POAS this cycle.

Good luck want and guen.

Oh finally heard from my friend so it looks like we will try known donor first (that being my friend) but now we need to call my dr to ask about protocol for that.

Thanks deaf. IMO known is the best. If I had my way I'd still be using known. :)

thats excellant news hun xx
Good luck want and guen.

Oh finally heard from my friend so it looks like we will try known donor first (that being my friend) but now we need to call my dr to ask about protocol for that.

Well had my day 12 tracking and the doctor was shocked!!! From 9.5mm on day 9 to 18mm,15mm,13mm,and 12mm on day 12. Last time on day 12 I only had a 15mm at most!! This is awesome I am much closer to a normal cycle this round.

Donor is ordered and I go in wednesday for last tracking and to get my trigger shot!! Woohoo I have a good feeling this time. Hope my feeling is right.

Ladies- any idea how we can all celebrate our men's manhood? I know recently my dh has felt down about not being able to contribute to making this baby with me. I reminded him that he would be the one with me every step of the way from shooting sperms up in me, and the pregnancy and the labor. And that having sperms does not define or make him more manly.

Want- good luck!

I'm glad I found this thread, because I'm now in the same boat. It looks like we will have to use donor sperm, doing IUI, because my husband's count is too low and not improving. He had testicular cancer, and unfortunately, his stupid doctor did not tell him to freeze his sperm prior to getting his left ball chopped off. GRRR!!

My question for all those with husbands, did you all tell your family you were using donor sperm? We're sorta split on how to handle this.

I think I will let mine assume we are using Dh thru iui. Then after we tell our baby, we will then tell our families but for a while we will let them think that we did not use donor.

Hey Everyone :)
Is anyone still here?
We will have our appointment at the fertility clinic end of next month. We got all the tests done 4 yrs ago but were not ready to start treatments. My DH has low count and motility.. I am 33 and he is 38. We have been trying 5 yrs total to TTC naturally. We are thinking to do IUI with donor sperm.

Its so hard to see so many friends pregnant. I feel sad and so frustrated. This is a hard journey.

Yep, still here... I hope you don't have to take any tests again. I know they require the blood test to be updated (it's good for one year). Good luck to you, Hope! It is a hard journey.

Still here too. Just enjoying our little one! This is definitely a hard journey but I can say it is soooo worth it!

Also still here, but just hanging out on the sidelines. Our second donor IUI was a success and we're now 9 weeks along and praying this bean sticks. I think if we have had this success after two and a half years of TTC and my endo and hydro against us, others definitely have a good chance :flower: both DH and I are still kinda in shock through it all but having seen the heart beat and the constant battle with nausea and exhaustion has made us semi-believers. So for all those out there just starting this journey, hang in there!

Hi there, i have had two failed IUIs using donor sperm.

I am in Australia , using sperm imported from USA. It is $950 per .5 ml of washed sperm.

I am going to try IUI once more with a diff doctor, praying that it will work.

I am wondering if anyone has had success or knows of success with donor sperm and IUI?

or is IVF the only way to go?

xo

Kind- might I ask if you've had any type of tests run on you? Reason I ask, sometimes some clinics don't do a thorough check up of your body to make sure you don't have other issues. For example, I very recently had my blood checked (my hormones level, my thyroid, and my diseases screening). They also told me whether I was positive or negative for CMV (which determines if I need to focus on negative donors or not). I also had a HSG.

Kind- might I ask if you've had any type of tests run on you? Reason I ask, sometimes some clinics don't do a thorough check up of your body to make sure you don't have other issues. For example, I very recently had my blood checked (my hormones level, my thyroid, and my diseases screening). They also told me whether I was positive or negative for CMV (which determines if I need to focus on negative donors or not). I also had a HSG.

Hello, yes i have had all of the tests, apart from HSG, which will be happening next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->