Due Christmas eve!!

Yep! 27weeks! Can't believe it. Has made me a little nervous. Feels like 5 minutes ago then I moved into the 2nd trimester.

Very excited and can't wait for baby to arrive but I am a little overwhelmed about what we have to do before then. Most of it isn't baby related but so much paper work/sorting/accounts. One step at a time...........

How's everyone doing? Bumps growing nicely?

Ocean (or any other UK girls) have you booked for NCT? When is yours? Mine's the weekend 10th/11th Nov. Seems so early but apparently the next one is too close to my due date.

What is NCT?

I am overwhelmed with the paperwork I need to file to receive state disability. I also need to sign up for some labor and birthing classes. Maybe a breast feeding class too.

We are done with the shopping. Just waiting for the cribs to arrive. I am sure there is stuff we will need and don't know it. I need to pack my hospital bag, but it requires me to go to the store and get a few things. Like some nice big comfy granny panties!!

It's a charity who run classes and groups etc https://www.nct.org.uk/

Bean - due to us being given notice, moving etc I had to cancel mine :( too expensive. I'm booked on a free course with my hospital though on 20th November. My NCT would've started this week and run until late November. I've also booked my DP onto a fatherhood course :)

How is everyone? Any one have any news? Who is having flu/whooping cough jab???xx

No jabs for me. I was already vaccinated for whooping cough (pre-pregnancy) and don't want the flu shot. I have never gotten the flu shot or the flu. I am working from home full time and can't really get out so I am super low risk for the flu anyways.

Excited to be a squash now, but I already feel like a watermelon!! I just tried to sign up for a childbirth class through my medical provider and I am too late and they are all booked :(

Both my jabs are Monday! :) anyone else looking forward to maternity Leave my last day before a weeks holiday then mat leave is this Sunday! But I've offered to work 2/3 days of my holiday (my holiday is unpaid)

How's your baby shopping going? And Christmas shopping? :) xx

You do have two in there though hehe :) I was worrying I was too big but midwife measured me the other day and I was bang on what I should be which was nice to hear although I know they don't mean too much, had flu last week whooping cough next week although bit unsure? x

My Christmas shopping is done! Lol! Along with all bday presents between now and due date! I finish 30th november, cannot wait!! :D

I will be working until Dec 15th :( When are the rest of you ladies going on maternity leave?

I can't wait to finish Sunday!!!
No Xmas pressies done. No birthday presents bought.

I'm failing this year lol!
Although my list of baby stuff is tiny now! Xx

I wanted to go on maternity leave later but I work on my feet all day and december is our busiest month, I'd never do it, already finding it tough :(

I'm a bit lost now with baby list as I have got lots of stuff but don't know what I have missed! I think I need more clothes but oh says we shouldn't have too many (because people keep warning him not to go too mad) but I think we've gone to the other extreme and not got enough! Also I have a few people telling me they skipped first size and their baby went straight into 0-3 so I don't know what to buy more of! Neither me or my oh are small, he's 6'2 and I'm 5'9 and we were both big babies so I'm feeling were going to have a whopper lol x

I am going to try to work til I pop. I am working from home though and sit at a computer all day. I can also go lay down for a bit during the day if I need to....and I am in my pajamas all day!

Clothes were hard for us too. Don't know how small they will be. Doc thinks they will come at 36 weeks. So that would be preemie clothes. I definitely don't think newborn size will be too big. I went through what we were given, then bought some more stuff.

We have 9 onesies for each in newborn, and 4 zip up footed pajamas for each in newborn. I got one outfit set for each in preemie (their going home from the hospital outfits). We wont buy anymore preemie stuff til we know and my husband said he would go to the store if we need it.

Hi everyone!

We are in our 29th WEEK!!!! I'm soooo happy we all made it:thumbup:

NCT or parents classes We are going to have the normal classes as the NCT ones were too expensive for us. Our first class is on 8th November.

JABS I had the flu jab 2 weeks ago and now I'll have to book my whooping cough jab ASAP. Need to contact my surgery.

Maternity leave I will work until the 7th December.

Christmas shopping I can' believe we are having this chat!!! It's almost that time of year and we are going to have our babies before or after Christmas!!!!!

Oh, and I haven't start thinking about presents...

Hospital bag When do we have to start packing our hospital bags? I'm tempted to start mine but it feels too soon :)

I have bought a nightie for when I'm in and some disposable underwear and pads but that's as far as I've got, the thought of packing a bag seems too scary! It reminds me of the painful bit :s

I feel like I can't pack a bag. Like in my bag would be some comfy pajamas and big comfy undies. Well, I am wearing that stuff now, LOL. Don't want it packed away.

Here is what I did today...

Attachments

• progression.jpg
    progression.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 4
  • progression2.jpg
    progression2.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 4
I haven't had any jabs yet. Do you need to get them done? My midwife hasn't mentioned anything about it.

I'm packing my hospital bag at the end of the month. The only thing I have for it right now are breast pads. :S

I'm going to a birth and beyond class on November 5th - and got the health visitor coming over tomorrow morning.

Update:- At my last scan, the doctor said he's a big baby for his due date, and he may be 1-2 weeks early!

San Fran Shan

Your bump is really nice. Well done for the progress.

Chieri You don't have to have any jabs if you don't want but in my case, I didn't want to have flu and also to take care of the baby or even worst to have a new born who has flu. As for the whooping cough jab, you're baby will get one at 8 weeks so if you have one now, it will protect the baby for the first 8 weeks until he will get one. Have you ever seen a heard a child with whooping cough? After hearing one, I've changed my mind and decided to go for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIV460AQUWk.

Again this is my personal option some people are against any vaccination during the pregnancy.

Ladies we are now in our 30 week of pregnancy :happydance::happydance::happydance: 10 weeks to go (or 11 weeks for the overdue babies :dohh:).

I wonder how many of us will have their babies on 24 December :winkwink:

Thank you for posting the video...I had the whooping cough vaccine before I got pregnant. I wonder if it still protects the babies at all???

My docs said they don't want me going past 36 weeks so I might be the 1st to go! The scariest part??? That is in like 6 weeks!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->