Due Date August 6th 2013 Anyone?

Oh my! I really hope that's not the case. Everybody keeps telling me that they had a ultrsound at their first appointment(my friends and family) so really hoping that's the case. I do have my second appointment made already but that's over a month away and would hate to have to wait that long to hear the heartbeat.
Really wish this headache would go away and I could eat normal food. Not liking these crakers anymore.

AAAAH! I just phoned the midwife my friend highly recommends, and she doesn't want to see me until 12-14 weeks. I knew it would be a little while longer, but that's way more than I expected! Only at 6+4 now.

Wow that it a really long time! its amazing to me how different some doctors are even though they're doing the same thing.

yeah! and its also very different on every country!!

Yeah, I'm reading all these forums with ladies in the U.S. and U.K. and I didn't think South Africa would be so different. From what I'm hearing now from some South African friends is that 12-14 is a little late, but not too unusual, especially for an independent midwife who's not going to be doing bloodwork and scans anyway. I'm going to try to choose a gynecologist also (because I need it as a backup, and I'll want to get at least two scans anyway), so we'll see when they want me to come in. Hopefully a little bit earlier!

yeah! Maybe an OB/GYN can help you faster!

Good luck!! so youre in SA??? how awesome... Ive always wanted to go there!!!

7w5d (1).jpg

!!!WOOHOO heres my little peanut :happydance: 7 weeks 5 days done yesterday :)

Heart rate was 153bpm :thumbup:

I wont see my Midwife until 10 weeks. I'm almost 8 weeks now... I've been seeing my family doctor since I found out at 4 weeks, she set me up with my prenatal bloodwork and my ultrasound i had yesterday.. every doctor is different I guess

Thanks Pola :) it was really nice.. when i had my son they never let me see the screen and refused to print a picture.. so it was a wonderful treat to have both a peek AND 3 printed pictures :)

the place where i went though has a policy not to disclose gender to the patient... so when i got back at 20 weeks i wont find out :( which sucks unless i ask doctor for a different location or something.

We plan to get a 3D done for this one (i did with my son at 26 weeks to find out gender) so im going to do it again at 26 weeks for gender and a nice treat

What??!! Why wouldn't they tell you?? And why wouldn't they allow you to see! That's pretty harsh! :(

I was only 16 when I had my son, I'm sure they thought bad things

what bad things would the think? At least you could see this LO!!!!
I have an ultrasound tomorrow, and Im very nervous... 9 days ago we only saw a gestational sac, but im earlier that what my ticker says, so I expect to see at least something! :/

I'm sure you'll see something pola. Fx'd all good things!

That's terrible that they won't tell you the gender. That would make me so mad.

Afm still really nausous but getting a little better. I'm glad I'm really busy all week cuz it'll make the time til my doctors appointment go faster.

Beautiful scan, congratulations! And good luck finding a more sympathetic ultrasound location, they sound mean! :)

yeah! Maybe an OB/GYN can help you faster!

Good luck!! so youre in SA??? how awesome... Ive always wanted to go there!!!

I'm American, but I've been living in South Africa for 4 years so far. It's beautiful, you should definitely come some day! Cape Town has to be one of the top cities in the world.

When I worked for KLM, a few colleagues went, I saw the photos, and I'm dying to go there!

My scan is in an hour and a half. All night long I had nightmares, I'm very afraid and nervous, but soon I'll update you!

My LO seems to be having a good time in there! :happydance: we heard its little heart, and we're officially 6 weeks 0 days!

I'll update my ticker once I get home!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->