• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Early miscarriage almost done, anyone else getting ready to try after m/c?

I was wondering, Were any of you given the green light to TTC straight after m/c without waiting for AF first?

My nurse said they recommend waiting 1 or 2 cycles. But if I didn't ask her I wouldn't have known. so is it really that important to wait for af first??

I was wondering, Were any of you given the green light to TTC straight after m/c without waiting for AF first?

My nurse said they recommend waiting 1 or 2 cycles. But if I didn't ask her I wouldn't have known. so is it really that important to wait for af first??

Me! They said go for it (GP and EPU matron independnetly), there is no additional miscarriage risk involved in trying straight away. The only thing with not waiting is working out dates but if you know when you o'd then that will be fine. And to me that's no problem at all. Wish you all the best....

thanks mrsphez! Thats good to hear!!!!! I will follow your gp's advice instead lol. Thats the answer I wanted. I really really wanna try asap :sex: hubby better watch out for me!!!! :haha: I'm a woman on a mission!!!!

Good luck to you!!!!!! keep me posted!!!

I never asked. Like Mrs Phez said, I think it's for dating purposes. I'm so irregular anyways that it doesn't matter. If you do conceive right away just be prepared for all the stupid "it's too soon" comments you'll get from people. I had issues with DS' pregnancy and everyone said "oh it's because it was too soon after your loss". I got pregnant 5 months later! There is no way the m/c is responsible.

I think with D&C's they say to wait because they scrape you pretty clean and they want to make sure your uterus has a lining thick enough to support the pregnancy. I've never had a D&C though so not sure if I'd be brave enough to try right away or not.

gwenylovey: Sorry to hear about your losses. You aren't having trouble conceiving which is good sign I would think. Weird they would suggest IVF. I thought that was more for if you have trouble conceiving. They must think it will help the sticky bean stick even more. I really hope you get sticky bean soon! Ivf can be so expensive, at least in the US I know.
Hoping and praying for you gwen!!!! :hugs:

fayefirth: Welcome :flower: Did you get a AF after m/c or are you trying straight after m/c?

babydoodle: Welcome :flower: Good luck to you too when you start trying again.

starrynight: Try to remain hopeful :hugs: You are not alone.

bbanner19: What day do you count as cycle day 1 of a mmc? Did you have any signs something was up? Hope you get a bfp soon too!

I have read that you count the first day of bleeding as cycle day 1 in any MC, but it doesn't really matter because nothing will be the same as a normal period. I have also heard that is the reason why doctors want you to wait a cycle because it is harder to calculate the age of the fetus since a MC does not count as a LMP. I think that is why I am going to use OPKs so that I can pinpoint conception a little better.

Anybody else using OPKs???

My OB told me that they always recommend waiting until after first AF, but there is no harm in getting pregnant before. He told us to do what we feel like doing. So I am doing what we feel like doing and trying right away!

I am gonna use opks!!!! I got a bunch of IC's from a year ago just laying around.
My bleeding finally stopped today too.

If m/c counts as period then I am around cd9 today. I should be ovulating this weekend hopefully!!!

Interesting...I was told by the matron at the EPU NOT to count first day of m/c as day 1 as there is still hcg floating about. So confusing isn't it? Guess depends on natural v D&C as well? I have started counting from when my hcg was at 11 because that's the last time it was measured and it would probably have hit zero a couple of days later. This was 14 days from start of m/c. So I'm on either day 20 or day 34 depending how you look at it and still not ovulated! OPK had a sort of band this morning then it did the amazing vanishing trick later. Good job I bought a 50 pack, have a feeling that won't be enough!

Hi ladies i suffered a m/c just over a wk ago. I had a natural m/c at 6 weeks and it took us 19 months to conceive. My doc said to wait until AF mainly to help get over m/c emotionally but physically i could ttc straight away. Good luck everyone lets hope we get a sticky one soon!

Hey Ladies....first off *Hugs* Im so sorry for you loss. This has been a very challenging and confirming time for me. Confirming because I know who my friends and supporters are and I am so blessed to have them! The other needs no explaination. Im doing so much better emotionally and physically. I had my mc last Tuesday and Im down to residual bleeding (in fact it is almost translucent and is pretty light) I have no idea when I ovulate (stupid pcos!) I do know that my levels last week were still at 2000+ before I passed all that stuff on Tuesday. Im curious to see where my levels are at right now. My
(.)(.)'s dont hurt anymore and they were super tender last week, Im going to take that as a good sign things are dropping. I have had gobs of EWCM mixed with that translucent blood. Crazy..With PCOS EWCM is a frequent and casual visitor..boo!! So going just by that I cannot! My Dr. appt is tomorrow to see where we stand and when we can go ahead etc. I was really reluctant to try again, but I think what do I have to lose..I know, I know..this was horrible..but now that I know a bit about it I think I have the knowledge going into this again. I was so clueless before..clueless. Im putting my mind on positive..positive changes for my body, my mind, and my fertility.

Hey ladies! My MC started on 10/31 and my levels had dropped to 30,000 the week before. I've been taking a pg test weekly and last Friday it was still positive. Not a dark positive like the rest but still there. I know I won't O until that is negative. DH and I are going to Hawaii in 1.5 weeks, I'm really hoping and praying I O then if I do this time around! :D That would be pretty awesome. But my main hope is that I'm not bleeding out there. I am barely getting to white/clear CM the last couple days. My hcg levels were pretty high though, as I MC at 10 weeks. BFP to all!

Appt today and Im pretty sure Im changing doctors..which makes me sad..but she didnt leave me much opportunity to ask questions etc. She examined me (OUCH!!) and said my cervix was closed and that I had some residual bleeding (normal) and then made a comment on how she wanted to tell me about miscarrying at my first us when she suspected it, but said I was closed off to info :nope: I told her how unprepared I felt and that I had to google EVERYTHING...She never did say anything about ttc or anything..NOTHING...left before I could even open my mouth. She has been my ob for 6 years. There is more to the story, but this is the condensed version. I just dont feel like she cares as much as she did even this spring. :nope: the whole thing just makes me sad. She did ask for blood levels to be checked to be certain they are falling, which I would think they would be.

:hugs: I'm sorry your doctor wasn't there for you and even threw your past experience in your face and tried to shift blame to you. I often wonder if bed-side manner is ever taught at medical schools.

ready - glad to hear that your bleeding is slowing. Now if only that pesky hcg would go away! It's so great that you and your dh get to go to Hawaii! So jealous! That's my dream destination. I'm sure you'll have a lovely time.

AFM - got intense ovulation pains/cramps last night along with aching boobs but I got this the day after my bleeding stopped and still had hcg in my system. So now I'm wondering if it's just my hormones still acting up of if my hcg has actually gone down. It's been a week since I last took an hpt. Actually, my dh is in town so I"ll call and ask if he can bring one back for me...

Starry-thanks! I've dreamed about a trip to HI for about 10 years and the only reason we're going is the miscarriage. I know everything happens for a reason and maybe we are meant to take this trip to reconnect :)

Hi Ladies! I just found out my HCG is at 9.. and bleeding has stopped, so I am ready to TTC again!!!

Ready4Family - Which island are you going to? I love Hawaii.. my favorite island was Maui.

I'm sorry for your losses :(

My bleeding is finally tapering off now from my d&c on the 15th nov now just to wait for proper af then start ntnp. My youngest is only 8 mths old so no major rush for me but I'm not getting any younger and my hopes for a boy are dwindling.

Sending all you beautiful ladies *~*~babydust*~*~

I was recently diagnosed with a blighted ovum and I have been impatiently waiting to miscarry naturally. My HCG levels are dropping (last draw at 2700) and today I finally had a little light red when wiping (sorry TMI :blush: )

I feel like I have finished grieving. It hasn't been long, but I really feel like I've come to terms with the loss and now I just want to enjoy the holidays with my man and start TTC again!!

I'm hoping to be able to try again mid to late January if my cycle allows, I just want to be pregnant again!

AZ - sorry for your loss. I hope you get your sticky bfp soon!

AFM - after 2 weeks of no bleeding I am now bleeding again. I'm so frustrated as I'm fairly confident it's not AF. I have no idea what my current hcg levels are but just a week ago they were high enough to get a definite bfp on a pregnancy test. Not enough time to ovulate and have a proper lmp.

So frustrated.

Appt today and Im pretty sure Im changing doctors..which makes me sad..but she didnt leave me much opportunity to ask questions etc. She examined me (OUCH!!) and said my cervix was closed and that I had some residual bleeding (normal) and then made a comment on how she wanted to tell me about miscarrying at my first us when she suspected it, but said I was closed off to info :nope: I told her how unprepared I felt and that I had to google EVERYTHING...She never did say anything about ttc or anything..NOTHING...left before I could even open my mouth. She has been my ob for 6 years. There is more to the story, but this is the condensed version. I just dont feel like she cares as much as she did even this spring. :nope: the whole thing just makes me sad. She did ask for blood levels to be checked to be certain they are falling, which I would think they would be.

Wow Unbelieveable. I had a similiar situation with my last ob doctor. She always rushed out, never had time for questions and made me feel like another number.
Definetly shop around for another doctor! I have met some wonderful doctors since then:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->