Ears pierced - girls

My mom did mine herself at 2 weeks and was bleaching my hair at 5. She was very punk rock (hairstylist/piercer) and I was her guinea pig. All the elementary girls were jealous tho, lol.

Johnny depp?

Why u girls talkin' bout my OH like that??

Oh hai johnny!!

Attachments

• johnny-depp.jpg
    johnny-depp.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 10
hmm, im not to fussed about amari having hers donw, if she wants them she can have them when shes old enough to understand, its her decision.

Johnny depp?

Oh hai johnny!!

Not sure that was on the right thread or not but oh how i appreciated that bit of perfection to look at! :cloud9:

I assume when LO asks I'll have a think about it. There's a baby at the children's centre who has her ears pierced, I don't really think anything of it. She seems happy enough and probably wont remember it. My mum, however, got mine done at 5 with needles and some freezing fluids and it's the most horrible memory I have of being a child. :cry: I still don't understand why an otherwise normal and excellent mother would put me through that. 5 is the worst age !!!! I didn't even ask for them and she wouldn't make him stop. :cry:

I got them done at 12 with a gun but I never wear earrings. I feel studs make me look like a transvesite. I don't know why. I don't think I look very masculine but earrings on me, unless they're big dangly things look very odd. :shrug::haha: besides I have sensitive skin and most earrings give me itchy ears and a bit of eczema unless they're gold or surgical steel or something.

I HATE ear piercings on guys. If I have a boy and he wants a piercing I will try and lull him into an eyebrow piercing as I just don't like the aesthetic of a pierced ear on a guy. :shrug:

I'll allow Carmen to get hers done any time after she turns 5; whenever she asks or them. Maybe too young for some, but it is a (rather important) norm in my and DH's cultures to pierce the ears of babies/toddlers- we don't agree with it personally and won't be getting Carmen's done until she's old enough to want it done, but for us 5 would be fine. She'll have hers done by a professional piercer though, not at the mall!

Sorry I hadn't read this but PLEASE spare Carmen! Please read my post above. :flower: I would say 5 months would be better than 5 years from my experience. Obviously up to you though. :shrug:

I don't mind if Bobby wants to get his ear(s) pierced as a teen, the only thing I'm against is those plugs... some peoples ears are so stretched out! they'll never go back to normal

i took my plugs out about 5 years ago and i still can't wear normal earrings without a large back, otherwise they fall through! my mother was right, i do regret them!

i'd delay him from getting any piercings until i was tired of being nagged. i DEFINITELY would not consider ear piercing until he was at least 12.

I stretched my second holes! So my first are the same. My left ear is a bit saggy but my right is normal now. I went to 12mm though. xx

I got mine done at 10 after asking for a whole year! I think it was good my parents didn't let me straight away as I'm quite impulsive and change my mind a lot.
So I'll probably wait until I feel they are old enough, maybe 10? I'm not too sure yet.

Oo I'll add aswel I'm talking about a girl for ears pierced, I wouldn't let my boys get their ears pierced.

If Jacob wanted a piercing he'd have to nag me until I went insane :) I don't like piercings at all but when he's old enough and if he wanted one so badly then I'd probably cave in.
If I had a little girl the same rule would apply. There's no way i'd pierce a baby/childs ears without them knowing what's happening to them. It is their body afterall, not mine.

Johnny depp?

Oh hai johnny!!

Not sure that was on the right thread or not but oh how i appreciated that bit of perfection to look at! :cloud9:

Umm yeah totally wrong thread.

Well, whatever, Jack Sparrow had piercings didn't he? It applies... and is great to lighten the mood :cloud9:

I had mine pierced as a baby and I hated it. One of my few memories of a toddler was screaming, crying and running every time my mother tried changing them. Eventually she just gave up and let them grow back.

When I was 12, I decided I wanted them again and was very happy it was my choice.

With Nolan, if he would want his ears pierced... I would say 13 or 14.

I have seven girl's, the oldest is nearly 9 and the youngest 13 months, none of them have their ears pierced simply because i don't like young children with earrings in. My eldest has asked but i've told her it could hurt and be sore and that was enough to put her off. hehe I'm a meanie.
They are welcome to get it done when they are teenagers and can look after the piercing themselves though.

Not til she's about 15. I hate seeing little babies with pierced ears. Yuk.

my daughter had hers done on her 9th birthday shes 10 now she asked and i decided she would be able to care for them and understand so i said yes she asked the year before and to me she wasnt ready every child is different but they need to know whats involved and understand how to care properly for them including cleaning in the early days to avoid infections x

Johnny depp?

Oh hai johnny!!

Umm yeah totally wrong thread.

Well, whatever, Jack Sparrow had piercings didn't he? It applies... and is great to lighten the mood :cloud9:

Every thread should have a bit of the depp in it :)

whenever she wants! ppl always ask us will she be allowed a tattoo as well as me and my oh are completely covered, I maintain I will PAY for her ink if she waits til she's 20!!!

Not til she's about 15. I hate seeing little babies with pierced ears. Yuk.

me too, i think it looks so tacky. ESPECIALLY those big gold ball studs or hoops. :sick:

oooh what a debate...
well, IMO (and yes, I had mine done at 9yrs) it should be up to the child - not inflicted on them before they even know what it is all about.
piercings / body art etc are a personal choice (or religious) and I don't feel a parent should just get it done because they think it looks nice.
I had mine done at 9yrs as a birthday present and it hurt like hell, I would never do it to a LO.
also every school I know refuse to allow even studs these days and the older secondary schools that will permit them insist on them being removed for P.E
I don't wear earings anymore - was allergic to most of them so it became too expensive. I haven't had earings in for maybe 5yrs and the holes are still there....:wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->