ebay rant

weewdy

Reaction score
Why do people bid at the very last minute for something then not pay straight away! I was watching my auction end and within the last 5 mins it shot from 15.50 to 43.00, then a bid went in the last few seconds of 45.00. Now i am still awaiting payment, 2 days on. If they had messaged saying they were waiting for payday or something fair enough i wouldnt have minded. I have 4 items to post and if payment not made by monday i will need to make 2 trips to post office (20 mile round trip).

That annoys me too - have you messaged to ask them to let you know when they will be paying? I usually do that and most of the time they pay right away xx p,s well done on your weight loss! xx

That annoys me too - have you messaged to ask them to let you know when they will be paying? I usually do that and most of the time they pay right away xx p,s well done on your weight loss! xx

Thank you, i have just sent a message hopefully they will respond x

Apparently some people will bid even if they don't have the money to pay for it. If they know they'll have some money in a few days. I don't think it's right.

They may have used an automatic bidding website or app that does it for them.
They may still pay! You have 7 days to pay after the auction ends so maybe they are waiting until their payday.

i have done this before, i put in my highest bid & won the auction however i was never notified i had won so didnt pay until 3 days later when the seller messaged me..

it is frustrating as i sell loads & it does happen quite a bit. xx

This happened to me a few weeks ago, this lady won 4 of my items! No payment ever came :(

She has now emailed this morning saying she doesnt want the item. Rage!

That's rubbish - this is why ebay needs a better system for leaving feedback on buyers

I thought that if you were the winning bidder you were in a legally binded contract and had to pay? Obviously if you didn't want it anymore you could return it but still that's a bit crap to bid and then turn round and say you don't want it.

Does it not give you the option for the 2nd highest bidder to buy it?
Such a pain, I was selling 6 dresses once and the same person bought them all. I got an email a week later (after id emailed) saying her daughter had done it and she wouldnt be buyig any of them. Was so pissed off! Ebay is a buyers world unfortunately :( sellers always get the raw deal

What a tit. I proper hate selling on eBay because of people like that.

Open a non payment case against her anyways, you can do this 48 hours after the auction has ended, you need to do this to get your fees back.

This is why I won't be selling anything on eBay ever again. I've listed an unwanted unopened bottle of aftershave twice now. The first time the buyer apparently was no longer a user (but managed to bid wtf?!) then the second time the buyer emailed me immediately after the auction ended to say she would pay the following day. It's been 5 days now and still no payment and she isn't responding to my messages. Grr!

Yeah that sucks, but open a case to get your fees back and use the second chance offer to the next highest bidder, should sort u out. I do a lot of buying and selling on ebay and those people drive me crazy- i wouldn't dream of just not paying or sayin i don't want it anymore- just rude! Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->