Expecting Twins? Come join!

HLanders - :hugs: I don't think as bad as yours, as I'm still putting food/water down.. It comes up about half the time, even with my meds (I'm on Reglan), but then I just eat more after I throw up. It really sucks, but it'll pass soon. :hugs:

I'm on the heavier side, so I don't expect to feel movement until 20-ish weeks.. We'll see :shrug:

I stayed home from work today because of the nausea... I'm secretly hoping that I'll wake up any day now and the nausea will just magically be gone! lol I did notice that if I drink *after* I eat the burping isn't so bad. Right now I'm just slowing licking a spoonful of peanut butter to get some protein.

And I don't understand how I'm peeing so much, yet I'm not drinking that much fluid!?!

As for my family, my hubby's grandmother was pregnant with twins but lost them at birth. Other than that we have no history of it. Plus... wouldn't twin have to run on MY side to be family related? I mean, I'm the one who randomly dropped two eggs, it's not like his side of the family could have anything to do with that.

I feel like I'm already starting to show a bump, but I know it's just my little pudge sticking out a little farther because of the bloating.

I still kind of feel like twins may not be *real*. I guess I don't want to get my heart set on two and something happen to one, or both.

Oh, and as for sex, I'd love to have one of each. Then we'd be completely done with kids... my mom swears I'm having twin girls though. lol

I'm rambling, this is what happens when I'm home alone all day!

Looks like I should not be complaining with my M/S or should I say all day sickness... I have only thrown up a couple of times but I feel sick constantly and always tied, cant stop eating as always hungry but there is not really and thing that I want or really feel like eating.

I starting to show at 8 weeks and have slowly gotten bigger since then so it can be possible you have a little bump and you can start to show around the 8 week mark.
I only have a chance of having two of each as there identical but I am really happy with what ever they are as long as they arrive happy and healthy!!

I had another appointment this morning and got to see and hear the hearbeats for the first time! It was so amazing!! My RE talked to me about vanishing twins since I am still early, but said that now that we see heartbeats the chance is a lot lower.
My nausea has been horrible! There are many times I think I am hungry but it turns into nausea that I cannot handle. I threw up again this morning but at least when I vomit, I have almost immediate relief!!

Attachments

• Babies.jpg
    Babies.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 13
hey ladies!

Had my appointment today. DR decided that since I'm still early, he wants to wait until my next appt at 15wks to give me a scan on the big US machine.. But he let us see the babies on his little US machine, it's kind of like a handheld doppler thing. One baby was kicking and squirming and flipping while the other looked like he was taking a nap :haha:

Here's a video I took with my phone, it's really crap quality, hopefully we'll get better quality pictures next time

https://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h444/cote2011/th_VIDEO0037.jpg

Cute video! It will be interesting to see if twin B does 'drive you crazy'!

Hi Ladies,

I hope you don’t mind if I join this thread – my husband and I found out we’re having twins at our first scan on Valentine’s Day! We had been trying for a while and tried IUI with Gonal F injections – we only had two mature follicles so we didn’t even consider that both of them would take! Got a bit of a shock during the scan – I knew something was up when the doctor typed the No. 1 on the screen!!! Then came No.2 !! :baby::baby:I’m 7 weeks today – saw the heartbeats and everything looked fine – I’m going back in two weeks for another and hopefully will see a little more than two dots! I’m quite small – only 5’1” and so my doctor has already told me that I’ll be having a c-section and that I may have to be on bed rest nearer the end……

A little bit about us – DH and I are from the UK but have been working in Hong Kong for eight years and love it here (although the thought of raising twins without family nearby is quite scary!!) This is our first pregnancy – we’ve been married just over a year.

Can anyone else still not believe that they’re having twins??!!! I’m still gobsmacked!!! :happydance:

I’ve been reading your posts and I’m a bit worried as I have had no MS at all – just sore boobs and HLanders – I know how you feel re: having to pee all the time! I stupidly read some info on vanishing twin syndrome but have now banned myself from googling scary stuff!!

Is anyone still a bit freaked out?!

Hi Ladies,

I'm not sure if I can join this thread yet or not, but as of Tuesday I found out there is a possibility of it. How soon did they confirm you were having twins?

This is my u/s from Tuesday:

https://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv80/lorileigh16/2012-02-14_09-29-03_899.jpg

I was only 5 weeks at the time, so they said it was too early to say if they are both viable pregnancies or something else.

As soon as the u/s tech started, I knew there were clearly two sacs and I didn't know what to think. We know I released two mature eggs, but I only have one fallopian tube, so that cuts down the chances of multiples

I am scheduled for another scan Friday the 24th(I'll be about 6 1/2 weeks then), but I'm going crazy waiting until then.

Any particular symptoms I should watch for that would lead me to believe it is or isn't twins?

whisky, interesting about your doctor's comment about your height and you needing a section. I'm 5'1 too and my doctor didn't say anything about that.. scary! I don't think it's settled in for us yet, dunno if it will until they are here :)

lorileigh, that definitely looks like 2 sacs. We found out at 6w4d that there was two, so you should be able to find out at your next appt :)

I actually am finding that I am so used to having twins that a singleton pregnancy would just be weird now!!

I thought 2 sacs means fraternal twins and 1 sac with 2 embryoes means identical?

if the twins are sharing the same placenta, even if they are in different sacs, they can be identical xx

Identical twins normally have a membrane that separate the two

"Twins are always identical when they share the same amnion (sac) and chorion. The split will most often take place within the first few days. But, here are some interesting facts: When the egg splits in the first two days after it has been fertilized, the resulting identical twins will likely have separate placentas, chorions, and amnions (sacs). Most often the egg will split after two days, which then results in twins sharing a placenta but maintaining separate sacs."

https://www.twin-pregnancy-and-beyond.com/identical-twins-or-fraternal-twins.html

My twins are sharing a placenta with no membrane, most have a membrane meaning diff sack! It's strange there are 3 different ways for the egg to split and if it splits pass 9 days the are conjoined twins

I know, its so strange. We havent figured out yet if our twins are sharing a placenta yet or not, i hope we'll find out at our next appoointment. I really hope they arent identical as i am hoping for opposite sex babies!

Im excited about them been identical but not with the risk of a shared placenta! Fx for you that there fraternal

When is your next appt? Wonder why they couldnt tell if they were I or F??

next appt is march 14th, i'll be 15 weeks. i haven't had an US on a big US machine yet with my current doctor, he's always used a little handheld US machine, maybe that's why? Im really not sure... :shrug: I do plan on asking again at our next appt though

Hello twin mamas! How is everyone feeling?

I had my 12 week scan yesterday. An hour before I went, I started bleeding. Talk about most terrifying moment of my life! The whole drive to the doctors office (all 10 minutes) all I could think about is that I lost my babies. They took me early, and the doctor saw a bleeding spot on my cervix. She said it's totally normal during pregnancy. Normal or not, it doesn't need to happen again! So everything was fine, ultrasound went great, and we got to see them moving around.

Baby B was all happy for the camera. It was waving and kicking and positioned perfectly for pictures. Baby A was being stubborn and laying on it's side. It was very hard to get a profile picture of it. One heartbeat was 152 beats, and the other was 158 beats.

Here are their pictures! First one is of both of them. Second is of Baby B, and third is of Baby A.

Attachments

• 407459_794790411956_1207720121_n.jpg
    407459_794790411956_1207720121_n.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 424856_794790851076_47502095_35903682_733208450_n.jpg
    424856_794790851076_47502095_35903682_733208450_n.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 426755_794790671436_47502095_35903681_959179397_n.jpg
    426755_794790671436_47502095_35903681_959179397_n.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 13

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online