Far off but is anyone planning IVF/FET Oct/Nov time or waiting to start treatment?

Cookie, Yeah, the SIS doesn't hurt at all. I had one of those done as well. I am so sorry about the polyps. :hugs: Most likely your RE will want you to have a hysteroscopy /lap surgery to remove them before you can move forward with IVF. I had to have surgery to remove a polyp from my uterus. I was nervous about it but it wasn't that bad. I have a thread on here that talks about it in details with pictures and everything. I will try to find the link and share it with you shortly. Because it is done with laparoscopy there is minimum scarring and quick recovery. I remember being a little soar but I only needed tylenol for a few days. I did my IVF cycle a couple of months after and I had success. Good luck with everything! :hugs: It is better to know about the problem now and fix it before spending thousands of dollars on an IVF cycle that fails due to the polyps, even though it still sucks to hear this news, but also in a way it is nice to know what the problem is if that makes sense.

@Cookie, here is the thread that I was talking about that describes my surgery to remove the polyp.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...opy-unblock-tubes-outcome-p-7-pics-p-8-a.html

I forgot to mention that your insurance will most likely cover the surgery even if you don't have infertility benefits like me, so you should definitely find out what kind of coverage you have for the procedure. Good luck.

Thanks So much for the link wannabe. checking it out now! I am fortunate enough to have insurance that covers the whole IVF process and any other procedures I am having done. Ironically, the only thing that's not covered 100% is lab work, but I only have to pay 10% of that till I reach my small out of pocket max.

I talked with the Dr. assistant today, and she confirmed the removal would be with a hysteroscopy (no incision), and that I will call on my next day 1 to schedule (Sept 4th), between days 5-12. With some luck we can do our first cycle in November, and hope for a late July early August 2017 baby/babies.

I was a little sad about having to wait, but through this process I've cut way back on my extreme workouts - looking forward to picking those back up while I wait <3<3<3

Cookie, I'm sorry you found you have polyps, but as others have said, it's so good that you found out now so you can get them taken care of before IVF!!

Sounds like you'll be able to get that scheduled asap, which is fabulous, too. :thumbup:

Hope you get to hear those SA results today!

Hi cookie glad you are getting some answers now and Nov isn't far off at all! Sorry about the polyps but sounds like you have your appointments in check!

Hi Cookie - I know how it feels to run into delays but in the long run best to fix what you can. And polyps are a relatively easy fix so good that they found them. :)

We got our results and have 2 PGS normal embryos in the freezer awaiting hopefully a late October transfer. :)

Welcome to the new ladies!

I'm so sorry to hear Wannabe :( I wish you all the best when you start trying again.

I completely stopped breastfeeding a week ago. So now I can start whenever. My AF should be here Aug 25th. I have to decide whether to start this cycle or wait until Sept 25th. I wanted September but my sister is getting married in July so sooner would be better haha.

Ellie Bean maybe we will be cycle buddies :)

Great news 3c, glad all has gone well for you x

6ft good to hear you are starting soon too, going to get busy in here!

Thanks girls. Gonna do my best to keep busy and make the time fly by. I'll check in to see how you all are getting on.

3C, that's awesome on the two embies! Will have fx that you can transfer in October

@3C,that is awesome news about the embryos! :thumbup: I hope you get a BFP! Good luck and baby dust to you for OCtober! :dust::dust:

Do you know when in Oct your transfer will be 3c?

That'd be great noodle! Always nice to have buddies to go through this with!

Hey everyone! How's it going? I'm cd30 today and started spotting so hopefully AF will be here soon so e can get our FET cycle started. Hoping to have TSH checked Mon or Tues and if that's ok then we're a go for the FET......so anxious praying it is ok!

Thanks lemon! It will probably take its sweet time getting here lol. I tend to spot for a few days before starting full flow but I've been on my metformin for a lithe over a month now so not sure if that'll change things or not. Also been on the levothyroxine for almost a month so don't know if that'll affect things either. I'm so impatient lol!

Yay ellie! Hope all goes well this week for you :) xx

Hey everyone! How's it going? I'm cd30 today and started spotting so hopefully AF will be here soon so e can get our FET cycle started. Hoping to have TSH checked Mon or Tues and if that's ok then we're a go for the FET......so anxious praying it is ok!

Good luck and baby dust to you Eliie! :dust::dust: I hope that your TSH level is okay and your AF comes soon so you can move forward with your FET! I hope you get your BFP! :dust::dust:

AFM, I had my follow up appointment last Monday with an RE at the practice. He isn't one that I am familiar with, but he seemed okay. He works at an office in a different location than where I go for my treatments. So he started off wanting me to get a million different tests, genetic tests, fertility tests, saline sono, HSG, and something else. Long story short I only decided to do the fertility blood tests that they suggested. I already have done every test under the sun and I had my lap hysteroscopy surgery before my first IVF. I am not willing to do another surgery regardless of what might be going on. Just talking about all of the tests and so on and so forth is exhausting after everything I have gone through on this infertility journey! :wacko::dohh: I have to sign a waiver because I am opting out of the bazillion recommended tests. :wacko: I am just going to do the pre-conception blood work before my IVF cycle.

I asked a few questions about my theory of low progesterone being the reason why the FET's didn't work out. The RE seemed to think it may or not be the reason why things didn't work out, because he mentioned women he knows with low levels that still had healthy pregnancies.

We talked about the protocol for IVF #2 and my RE's office has been doing things different medication wise since my first IVF and he was recommending that I change to the new protocol, but the thought of trying something new when my first IVF cycle worked so great and had such a wonderful outcome makes me really nervous. I think if "it ain't broke then why try to fix it." It is too much $$ to take a chance on a new medication protocol even if it works good for other patients. I had 20 eggs and 9 healthy embryos with the first IVF protocol I used so I don't want to take a chance with an experiment and new medications. My anxiety level was through the roof thinking about changing the protocol that we already know worked great for me. So long story short we are doing the same protocol as before,the only change is that we won't start the lupron on CD21 of my cycle before, but the rest will be the same, with lupron after CD1 and HCG trigger before egg retrieval. My RE has started to trigger with lupron now instead of the HCG but I am not comfortable changing it to this since I had success with the HCG trigger. I hope what I am saying makes sense. I am getting crinone this time instead of the Endomtreium vaginal progesterone inserts.

So I am going to try to go in and get the fertility blood work done soon, and my AF is due around 09/15 , so that should be about right as long as my cycle doesn't go longer from the FET and all of the meds affecting me from my last failed FET cycle. I had that crazy 57 day cycle after my chemical pregnancy but I hope that won't be the case this time. Wish me luck! :thumbup:

I found a few overseas pharmacies where I can get my IVF meds for about half of the price of the pharmacies in the states. I was nervous about doing this but cutting my meds cost from 5k down to about $2,800 makes it totally worth it! :thumbup: Unfortunatly I wasn't able to do this because my RE's office is in NY and it is against state law for a DR's office to send RX's overseas. I was bummed about this until I applied for compassionate care.

I got some good news this afternoon! :thumbup: :happydance: I got approved for the compassionate care program and I am going to be able to get 50% off my Gonal F, ovidrel and cetrotide! :happydance: :happydance: That will save me me a little over 2 k on my meds, so that is pretty awesome! It helps take some of the stress off for sure! The program got back to me pretty fast also, in about 1 business day by email! What a great program! They gave me these meds for free for my first IVF cycle but i am thrilled with 50% off this time!:happydance:

Hi Wannabe, that's great news about the money Off, less stress on you for your next cycle
I would have turned the testing down too I think and stayed with the same protocol, sounds like you are doing what is right for you
When do you think next cycle will be? Sorry you have probably said!

Afm I still haven't got round to ordering my meds! I'm day 19 today so still have time if do it this week
I also have a chlamydia test to send off, hope this comes back in time or I can just go and do it at gp surgery
I just have to hope af arrives before 29th Sept when my bloods run out or I might just do them this week anyway
We had madeleines Christening yesterday so now I am not busy with that can focus on the fet

Hope everyone's well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->