February...a month for Making Love & Making Babies!!!

I have often wondered if I would use birth control once I get pregnant with #1. Part of me thinks that once this happens if I don't I will be pregnant again within a few months of delivering. I just feel like that would be my luck. I am also loving the idea of twins more & more. Maybe I should just bite the bullet & go to IVF to increase my chance of multiples! but my main issue with IVF is the cost factor vs success rate. I am still uncertain & I hope I don't have to go that path.

I think it is safe to skip tonight if your opk is still neg. Besides if you husband has a count issue, skipping a night may be a good idea. Have you looked more into getting his count checked?

I guess I would have to see how this pregnancy goes before I decide what to do. I told my hubby a few months ago that I wanted twins and he freaked out a bit! So just about an hour ago when my hubby got home I mentioned that I was tired of driving my SUV, first time we didn't get 4 wheel drive and I regret it now. The roads were terrible today. So I asked him if we could get a Suburban if I had quintuplets, he said we could get two! I guess an egg could split 5 ways...just trying to be prepared here! :)

With SMEP when you get a + you are suppose to BD 3 days in a row...so if I got one tomorrow (like last cycle) then it would be 4 days...but if I don't get a + tomorrow I won't be too happy that we wasted a day...tough decisions here...:wacko: I am just a bit nervous that last time when we BDed 5 days in a row right at the most fertile part we didn't get pregnant - maybe that was just too much for him? He will definitely be getting a SA next month, if needed, I don't care how many doctors I need to see, I won't stop until both of us get some sort of testing.

edit...I wanted to add that isn't your odds of twins increased with clomid? :)

it is bc it can make you release more eggs. Its about a 10% chance and I think has a lot to do with what days you take it.

Hey ladies, just checking in. Sorry AF got you, beaglemom. Blame it on the snow this cycle, damn snow!! Lol.
I get confused on days when I read like a week at a time, so how many dpo are you now, Erin? Still holding out on testing?
And I completely understand everyone's feelings of everyone else getting pregnant and not us. I don't really talk to my MIL much, but when I did, she knew of all of our problems with infertility and going to the dr and whatnot but never really seemed to care. A close friend of the family has a toddler so of course why does it even matter if we have kids, there's already one to play with. It's pretty annoying.
And as for husbands not understanding and thinking that nothing could be wrong with them... Ugghhh!! My husband is supportive in the whole deal, as in he's all for whatever I want to do, but he won't do anything to help himself. After his SA and they said that everything was fairly normal, it was like they said omg you have perfect sperm! But they did not, they still said he could take vitamin c and l-Carnitine. So I got him some. He took it for a few days and then complained that he didn't like taking it. This was when I was taking clomid and having the fun side effects so I got a little mad and told him I wasn't doing things I enjoyed either so he finally finished them but it was like pulling teeth. He isn't into the nutrition thing at all either like one of you said about your husband. My mil is one of those parents that never made him eat vegetables or anything he didn't like. If he wanted fast food, he got it. So he grew up extremely naive and was never taught the importance of eating right which drives me nuts!! I know they said his swimmers were ok, but I just feel like he could be doing things to up our chances as well. Stupid men. Can't live with them, can't live without them... Lol.
As for me, I made an appt with a new dr on Monday. It's my mom's new dr, she's just a normal dr but she's more of a natural dr and does a lot of hormone replacement therapies and such. My mom was telling her about me and she said there lots more things I can try before moving onto IUI. So I'm seeing the nurse practitioner on Monday for any blood and such they need agh then I'll have my follow up appt with the actual dr. I'm trying to stay hopeful that she can solve this problem!! We all need some BFPs in here soon!!!

Sarah I did not know that it could effect semen either. But when I came back low-ish I was like what is up with this. And I cant remember how I found it. I think I googled causes for low sperm count and it said smoking can mess it up. Then it hit me. He dips! So that got me on the track of googling can dipping effect sperm count and I found an article that said indeed it does. It can actually be worse since it is in the blood stream. Dh still doesn't get it though. I have been on him since I read it to cut back. He just brushes me off. But last night I think I got to him. He said I have not had a dip in however long it was. I was like that's great babe. Anyway, men just don't get it. We go through all of the poking and prodding, being stuck with needles or syringes, bodies full of clomid/femara. And men complain about cutting back on dip or going for a sa that takes like 20min and is not invasive. Or even taking vitamins. Its like COME ON!! Suck it up especially if you want a kid. I am doing my part and HELLO I can't do this alone!!
I feel better lol

I think the main reason they should want to quit the dip is for their health & for their soon to be children. I would think they would want to kick it now before they pass that bad habit down to your kids.

So I feel a whole lot better today. Of course I woke up slow & just not wanting to come to work. So I was late getting in...but I am always here first, so no one notices. Work was really crazy at first, but things were being accomplished so I think that put me in gear. So I just made a list & just chipping away at it. It feels good because this is how my job was in the beginning...constant & never ending...which makes time go by fast & makes you feel like you are actually getting something done. I also think the weather is making me happier & a weekend with my husband should be just what we need. I hope the rain holds off so we can get some things done outside. We just had a real heavy drop that lasted about 15 min.

So anyways...I hope everyone else is having a great Friday & has a good weekend.

Hi all! I'm a little late the the party but wanted to jump in with the February group! Little background- We've been ttc since July but I'm new to temping as of last month. I'm 25 and hubby is 32. He has low sperm count and has been on clomid for 3 months. Waiting to hear if it's helped.

So currently, I think my chart may be headed in the direction of being triphasic. I tested this am (10dpo) and got BFN but I still can't lose hope! This is the last month we have for TTC until June bc hubby will be gone (army). I know triphasic doesn't guarantee anything but I can't test again for a few days so I'm just hanging on to hope as long as I can! What do you guys think? What's your experience with triphasic charts? I wanna hear everything!!! Thank you in advance!

**Note- all my temps were lower this month than last month for some reason. No thyroid problems or anything so not sure what that's about.

https://fertilityfriend.com/home/467dfb

Ejcliff, welcome! Your chart looks fantastic, fx'd that this is your month! This is my second month temping so I am no expert. I am on CD16 and haven't had a + opk yet...my cycles are usually 24-26 days and I am getting a bit worried now. Keep us posted when you test!

Allison...so I totally read your post as "Can't live with them, can't have babies without them..." lol! My hubby is like a big kid and I often treat him like a child. I do the grocery shopping/cooking and if he doesn't like what I buy/cook then he is on his own. I encourage veggies by buying what I know he likes. I try to get some exercise for him by asking him if he will go for a walk with me around the block. I think after my m/c he saw how stressful this is on me and honestly has been great by trying to help out and make things better for himself. The woman are the ones that have to suffer through most of the pain and treatments...have to deal with the stress and then we we do become pregnant, have to carry our baby safely for 9 months and...give birth. The least the men could do is take some vitamins and go for a SA!

Getting impatient now...CD16 and no + opk. Please keep your fx'd that it is + soon. Thanks!

Savvy Fx'd for a + opk!!

So I think I have decided to test in 4 days on Tuesday. That would 12dpIUI. Think that is too soon? Maybe I will wait a few more and test on Thursday that will be the 2week mark. I just know that I only have 1 test at home and want to use it wisely but I also want to know!

Savvy Fx'd for a + opk!!

So I think I have decided to test in 4 days on Tuesday. That would 12dpIUI. Think that is too soon? Maybe I will wait a few more and test on Thursday that will be the 2week mark. I just know that I only have 1 test at home and want to use it wisely but I also want to know!

I don't think 12 is too early, but keep in mind you could still get a false negative. However, if you had the trigger shot, you may want to wait if you have not been testing to see when the hsg was out of your system. I hear a lot of IUI women use cheap tests to see when the 2nd line disappears, that way they are sure they are not getting a false positive.

Good luck!

Tomorrow I start clomid! Not excited about it, but exciting to be moving on with my cycle.

Thanks Misaacs! I really thought I would see a + today. Confused that if I don't O tomorrow would my LP be even shorter than 9 days? As for when you test, I would think 12dpo might not be too early for a frer...but if you only have 1 test and don't plan on buying anymore than you might want to wait until 14dpo (or your first day you miss AF). Fx'd for a bfp!!

Beaglemom, starting another round of clomid just puts you closer to your IUI and your BFP! Plus it is the weekend and you and hubby can spend some time together!

Hi Ladies

I have been mia again due to another illness. Thankfully it is over. I always get sick when the weather fluctuates a bunch. I have been unable to temp due to waking up coughing or nausea or pain. i took a temp this am but i dont think it was accurate since i got up in the middle of the night. i hope tomorrow am i can get a good temp. i got a high on my monitor yesterday but i think it was a little premature. i have been using opks at night just to make sure i dont miss my surge. its only cd 11 and i usually ovulate around cd 17.

FBG I have often gotten 4-5 days of high before a peak.

Savvy, just because you O late doesn't mean you'll have a short lp. Last cycle you had a trigger event. This cycle may be more normal. So maybe your cycle will be longer.

FBG, I hope you are feeling better! Rest up just in time for O!

Beaglemom, thanks for helping me stay positive. It is the weekend so I can relax, next week will be better and I will get my + opk soon!

FBG I have often gotten 4-5 days of high before a peak.

Savvy, just because you O late doesn't mean you'll have a short lp. Last cycle you had a trigger event. This cycle may be more normal. So maybe your cycle will be longer.

Ya. I usually have 5-6 days of high and then the peak. i stop testing after my first peak. cbfm goes into override at that point anyway. my opk today seemed to get darker so i am guessing only five days of highs then my peak so tomorrow will be day three.i was really hoping i wouldnt ovulate til next weekend but whatever works. i will take whatever i can get.

BeagleMom do you have a fair regular ovulation day? like a specific cd?

I did...but not so much now on clomid. I had a couple of cycles where I O'd super early. But typically it is around 15. My lp is also back and forth. Never short. But sometimes up to 18 days. More reason for me to love the monitor. I also started making the first peak day my last test day. Especially since I use opks to time the iui. So when I get I high, I test with opks at 10 and 4.

With the monitor do you pee on a stick each morning and then it analyzes that for the highs/peaks? These opks are driving me crazy this cycle and I am wondering if I would be better off with the monitor. Still negative today which is CD17 (when I O'd last month) and my temp went up just a bit this morning. I am going to keep on track with SMEP and see what happens with my temps tomorrow.

With the monitor do you pee on a stick each morning and then it analyzes that for the highs/peaks? These opks are driving me crazy this cycle and I am wondering if I would be better off with the monitor. Still negative today which is CD17 (when I O'd last month) and my temp went up just a bit this morning. I am going to keep on track with SMEP and see what happens with my temps tomorrow.

When you get the monitor you wait for the first day of your menses. if it starts in the am you mark that day cd 1 by holding down the m button until it shows a 1. When you set the montior is very important. if you set your cd 1 at 7 a clock you must test between the hours of 4- 10. The monitor tells you when it would like a stick. On your first cycle it is getting to know you so it will ask for a stick on cd 8 i believe.. depending on the day you ovulate that cycle it will know the following month when to ask for tests. since i ovulate later it is slowly asking later in my cycle for my first stick. this month i tested on cd 9. i like the monitor bc there are three bars showing ur fertility status. low high and peak. when my monitor shows high i start testing in the evenings with opks. i have also been known if i feel the monitor is wrong to test with the same pee i use for the monitor with an opk. unfortunately the opks have agreed with my monitor so far. i usually get an evening opk pos prior to my monitor.

i have read that the lh surge happens at night or early morning; therefore, we will see a positive opk in the afternoon or early evening first. that os why some women miss it and our temps jump the morning after ovulation.

CD14 and I got a positive OPK!!! This is the earliest I've gotten a positive so I'm super excited!! Last month was cd18 so I think my body is definitely making some progress somehow!! : )

Hahaha, FutureBabyG! I wish!! The hubby is at work until 4 so I'm just impatiently waiting. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->