February...a month for Making Love & Making Babies!!!

With the monitor do you pee on a stick each morning and then it analyzes that for the highs/peaks? These opks are driving me crazy this cycle and I am wondering if I would be better off with the monitor. Still negative today which is CD17 (when I O'd last month) and my temp went up just a bit this morning. I am going to keep on track with SMEP and see what happens with my temps tomorrow.

When you get the monitor you wait for the first day of your menses. if it starts in the am you mark that day cd 1 by holding down the m button until it shows a 1. When you set the montior is very important. if you set your cd 1 at 7 a clock you must test between the hours of 4- 10. The monitor tells you when it would like a stick. On your first cycle it is getting to know you so it will ask for a stick on cd 8 i believe.. depending on the day you ovulate that cycle it will know the following month when to ask for tests. since i ovulate later it is slowly asking later in my cycle for my first stick. this month i tested on cd 9. i like the monitor bc there are three bars showing ur fertility status. low high and peak. when my monitor shows high i start testing in the evenings with opks. i have also been known if i feel the monitor is wrong to test with the same pee i use for the monitor with an opk. unfortunately the opks have agreed with my monitor so far. i usually get an evening opk pos prior to my monitor.

i have read that the lh surge happens at night or early morning; therefore, we will see a positive opk in the afternoon or early evening first. that os why some women miss it and our temps jump the morning after ovulation.

Thanks for such a detailed explanation! I might try to buy one, it would be nice to know the high days since it would give me time to plan ahead for the peak days. Once you get a peak day then you can stop testing or do you test your entire cycle?
Are you feeling any better?

Allison, congrats on the + opk! I am going to test in just a few minutes, maybe I will be lucky like you!! I had some light cramps last night so I was hoping that meant my body was gearing up to O.

With the monitor do you pee on a stick each morning and then it analyzes that for the highs/peaks? These opks are driving me crazy this cycle and I am wondering if I would be better off with the monitor. Still negative today which is CD17 (when I O'd last month) and my temp went up just a bit this morning. I am going to keep on track with SMEP and see what happens with my temps tomorrow.

When you get the monitor you wait for the first day of your menses. if it starts in the am you mark that day cd 1 by holding down the m button until it shows a 1. When you set the montior is very important. if you set your cd 1 at 7 a clock you must test between the hours of 4- 10. The monitor tells you when it would like a stick. On your first cycle it is getting to know you so it will ask for a stick on cd 8 i believe.. depending on the day you ovulate that cycle it will know the following month when to ask for tests. since i ovulate later it is slowly asking later in my cycle for my first stick. this month i tested on cd 9. i like the monitor bc there are three bars showing ur fertility status. low high and peak. when my monitor shows high i start testing in the evenings with opks. i have also been known if i feel the monitor is wrong to test with the same pee i use for the monitor with an opk. unfortunately the opks have agreed with my monitor so far. i usually get an evening opk pos prior to my monitor.

i have read that the lh surge happens at night or early morning; therefore, we will see a positive opk in the afternoon or early evening first. that os why some women miss it and our temps jump the morning after ovulation.

Thanks for such a detailed explanation! I might try to buy one, it would be nice to know the high days since it would give me time to plan ahead for the peak days. Once you get a peak day then you can stop testing or do you test your entire cycle?
Are you feeling any better?

Once i get my first peak day i stop. the monitor automatically will give u a peak the next day followed by a high then lows. it will ask for sticks in tens. so if you start on cd 6 if you havent got a peak by cd 16 it will ask you to test until cd26. i have been told just to stop after first peak and it has worked well for me.

Hey ladies!

I was all sure about my O date this month but then based on my temp today, my tcoyf chart changed my O date. And my ff chart stayed the same. I had strong O cramps on both cd 11 and cd 16 so I honestly have no idea which date it was... and one set of software is telling me one day and the other is telling me the other date. And my temps shifted up a bit after cd 11 but then shifted again at cd 16. BFN on test this a.m. So what gives?! HELP!! I swear if I didn't know how nearly impossible it was, I would say I ovulated twice haha. Wouldn't that be nice. Any thoughts? Hope everyone is having a nice weekend so far!

Savvy, I love the monitor. I was testing as long as it asked for a test, but the last month I stopped. I am only using the opks to pinpoint O for IUI. Otherwise, I think using the monitor on its own (especially since you temp) is enough. Some people think it is expensive...but it is all relative. I buy my test strips from Walmart.com. They are about $40 for 30 tests...in theory this should last you 3 cycles...so not much more than regular opks...especially if you buy clearblue now. The monitor can cost anywhere between $120-$200 retail. You can check walmart, cvs, walgreens...online. I actually got mine on Amazon used for $100 plus she had some test sticks left over...so I got a great deal. I suggest if you want to invest in one, start off on ebay & amazon used. I have also seen them on craigslist...if you trust the craigslist stuff. In my area, I avoid it. Otherwise I think walmart & the drug stores have pretty decent bundle deals. Also it is not supposed to be effected by clomid...which is good if you end up having to go that route.

Good luck with the opk!

oh and yes i am feeling better! thanks for asking.

Glad you are feeling better - right in time for O week! Thanks for the info on the monitor, I probably would need to test more than 10 sticks since my cycles seem like they are getting really weird. Depending what happens in the next few days I am definitely going to schedule an appointment and ask for them to run tests...something isn't right and I need to find out. If stress can delay ovulation or bring AF then I won't be stress free until I know some answers.

Hey ladies!

I was all sure about my O date this month but then based on my temp today, my tcoyf chart changed my O date. And my ff chart stayed the same. I had strong O cramps on both cd 11 and cd 16 so I honestly have no idea which date it was... and one set of software is telling me one day and the other is telling me the other date. And my temps shifted up a bit after cd 11 but then shifted again at cd 16. BFN on test this a.m. So what gives?! HELP!! I swear if I didn't know how nearly impossible it was, I would say I ovulated twice haha. Wouldn't that be nice. Any thoughts? Hope everyone is having a nice weekend so far!

I think I read somewhere about someone gearing up to O and then they never O'd (no temp shift, etc.) but then a few days later it happened again and they did O and it was confirmed with the temp shift. I am wondering if that is what happened to you. It would explain why you are getting bfns since you would only be 7dpo. Good luck and keep us posted with your temps/testing.

Savvy, I love the monitor. I was testing as long as it asked for a test, but the last month I stopped. I am only using the opks to pinpoint O for IUI. Otherwise, I think using the monitor on its own (especially since you temp) is enough. Some people think it is expensive...but it is all relative. I buy my test strips from Walmart.com. They are about $40 for 30 tests...in theory this should last you 3 cycles...so not much more than regular opks...especially if you buy clearblue now. The monitor can cost anywhere between $120-$200 retail. You can check walmart, cvs, walgreens...online. I actually got mine on Amazon used for $100 plus she had some test sticks left over...so I got a great deal. I suggest if you want to invest in one, start off on ebay & amazon used. I have also seen them on craigslist...if you trust the craigslist stuff. In my area, I avoid it. Otherwise I think walmart & the drug stores have pretty decent bundle deals. Also it is not supposed to be effected by clomid...which is good if you end up having to go that route.

Good luck with the opk!

Beaglemom, thanks I appreciate all the info! I am liking the fact that the monitor would give me high days before the peak...those opks don't. Plus I think that would help me prepare and make me feel more confident that I am ovulating. I had checked Amazon back in October/November and saw it for around $125...honestly all of the ttc stuff gets expensive and I feel like you get what you pay for (wondfo opks vs. clearblue).

One last question about the monitor...do you have to start it on CD1? I am half tempted to wait and buy it on amazon if AF shows, but with 2 day shipping I wouldn't start it until a few days later...hoping I don't need it though!

No positive opk yet...I don't think I could have missed the surge since my temps really haven't gone up. Hopefully I will get it tomorrow, that would be perfect on my SMEP schedule! Hope everyone else is having a great weekend.

if you get it from amazon as the seller, you can always return it and it will only cost you shipping back. Also you could sell it on your own.

Yes you do need to start cd 1. otherwise if the monitor thinks you are cd 10, you are really cd 13 and that can cause you to miss the surge. But you could get lucky. I have tested cd 10 and got a high immediately. But I think with the type of person you are, you will def want it to start on cd 1. oh and if you start af in the middle of the day, you can start the monitor the next day so that you are using fmu...monitor asks for fmu.

Good luck with the opk!

Beaglemom, thanks I appreciate all the info! I am liking the fact that the monitor would give me high days before the peak...those opks don't. Plus I think that would help me prepare and make me feel more confident that I am ovulating. I had checked Amazon back in October/November and saw it for around $125...honestly all of the ttc stuff gets expensive and I feel like you get what you pay for (wondfo opks vs. clearblue).

One last question about the monitor...do you have to start it on CD1? I am half tempted to wait and buy it on amazon if AF shows, but with 2 day shipping I wouldn't start it until a few days later...hoping I don't need it though!

No positive opk yet...I don't think I could have missed the surge since my temps really haven't gone up. Hopefully I will get it tomorrow, that would be perfect on my SMEP schedule! Hope everyone else is having a great weekend.

You can actually start the monitor for cd 1-5. You hold the m button down until you get to the day you are on. After cd 5 you would have to wait until the next cycle. so yes you could wait til af showed order it asap and have two day shipping.

Hey ladies!

You could have ovulated cd 11 and the implanted cd 16. it takes a few days to show up in your urine to produce the positive hcg. i would take an opk or wait and test every other day with a pregnancy test.

Good luck with the opk!

You can actually start the monitor for cd 1-5. You hold the m button down until you get to the day you are on. After cd 5 you would have to wait until the next cycle. so yes you could wait til af showed order it asap and have two day shipping.

oh sorry I didn't know that

Good luck with the opk!

oh sorry I didn't know that

We learn something new everyday. ;)

Oh cool, thanks girls for all of the info!! I am going to check out prices and options and see what works best.

How is everyone doing this weekend? No positive opk yet for me, but my temp took a slight dip this morning, which is did last cycle right before I O'd. I am testing again in about an hour if I can make it that long! :)

My weekend has been eventful. Yesterday I put on a fake brave face to go to a baby shower. Was at Target getting gifts. Was walking out to my car and watched some lady back into my car. She kept on driving until I stopped her. Then she wanted to give me $20 to "fix it". Had no insurance card and cops wouldn't come out due to it being private property. Her husband also told her to leave but she told him that that wasnt right. So I had to go full out paperwork at the police station. Needless to say I was late to the shower and already in a bad mood. So I didn't stay long at the shower and played no games. I felt like crying half the time I was there.
Well DH is getting impatient about me testing. I told him this Saturday and he was like seriously?! But I told him I would probably test Thursday since that will be 2 weeks not 16days.
Savvy get your +opk??

My weekend has been eventful. Yesterday I put on a fake brave face to go to a baby shower. Was at Target getting gifts. Was walking out to my car and watched some lady back into my car. She kept on driving until I stopped her. Then she wanted to give me $20 to "fix it". Had no insurance card and cops wouldn't come out due to it being private property. Her husband also told her to leave but she told him that that wasnt right. So I had to go full out paperwork at the police station. Needless to say I was late to the shower and already in a bad mood. So I didn't stay long at the shower and played no games. I felt like crying half the time I was there.
Well DH is getting impatient about me testing. I told him this Saturday and he was like seriously?! But I told him I would probably test Thursday since that will be 2 weeks not 16days.
Savvy get your +opk??

I am sorry you are having such a bad weekend! Did the lady ruin your car too bad? I hate that parking lots are private property and bad drivers can't get tickets when they ruin our cars. A few summers ago I was waiting for children to clear in the parking lot (a summer camp of about 100 kids waking), a young, teenager came flying around the corner, almost hitting a few kids and ran right into my car. The cops came, I am almost hysterical about the damage and he couldn't give him a ticket because it was in a parking lot. So I know exactly how frustrating it can be. :hugs:

I have been lucky enough to decline all baby shower invitations in the past few years (with the exception of SIL). Just wait though, it will be your turn! Very soon you will be the lucky lady at YOUR baby shower!! :baby:

I just tested about 15 minutes ago...the lines are dark again. I use the wondfo in the afternoon's and since the test looked 'almost' positive I took another wondfo and a clearblue. The test line is about the same but not darker than the control line and the clearblue had an empty circle. I told my hubby I was going to test again later because maybe I am just starting the surge. It was so funny because I kept bringing the tests over for him to see and he asked me if I was going to keep peeing on things today...lol

Yay savvy! Sounds like your ovulation is coming very soon. I have been doing my monitor every morning. Oddly enough my monitor started reading highs on cd11 i believe. I thought my monitor was wrong so i didnt do any opks for a while. the other day i had a funny feeling that i should take one. it almost looked positive when i took the stick out. i know you're not suppose to read the sticks but i do. Yesterday i took one at three which i could swear was positive but got an empty circle. I usually wouldnt test again but something made me and it was positive. this am my monitor gave me a peak so i know they have to be right my temp should spike tomorrow or the following day.

i would say test maybe one more time before bed otherwise i bet in the am you will have a blazing positive.

Hello ladies, sorry I have been quiet lately. I haven't written in a month or so. May I join?

Been getting awful thunderclap headaches (during sex- ugh!!!! so embarrassing) that require CT scans with dye. Waiting for further results. Doc says we can still TTC #1, so we are.

This month has been so weird for me. Currently I am incredibly nauseous, EP+5, light pink spotting yesterday when I wiped but none today, BFN Friday morning, cramping for 5 days straight..... and beyond confused.

I think doing a house project to pass the time is a great idea! I have been busy with my degree, so lots of things to keep me occupied over here :). I wish I had time for more house projects!! I really enjoy them.

Good luck to all~~

Yay savvy! Sounds like your ovulation is coming very soon. I have been doing my monitor every morning. Oddly enough my monitor started reading highs on cd11 i believe. I thought my monitor was wrong so i didnt do any opks for a while. the other day i had a funny feeling that i should take one. it almost looked positive when i took the stick out. i know you're not suppose to read the sticks but i do. Yesterday i took one at three which i could swear was positive but got an empty circle. I usually wouldnt test again but something made me and it was positive. this am my monitor gave me a peak so i know they have to be right my temp should spike tomorrow or the following day.

i would say test maybe one more time before bed otherwise i bet in the am you will have a blazing positive.

FBG, I think I just got my positive...or close enough for me! Both lines are the same darkness now...going to test again in the morning to confirm. Good thing we skipped a day last week and my SMEP and opk are saying BD tonight! Now if they could just finish this Nascar race or I might have to break my tv before I get my hubby in bed! lol

Good thing you are using the opks too! Looks like we are going to be testing buddies again, I am guessing I will get a + tomorrow and my temp will spike up on Tuesday maybe...now I am just hoping I have a 31 day cycle this month, instead of 24-26 day, so I can actually have a LP. Not too happy I am on CD18 right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->