• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

February...a month for Making Love & Making Babies!!!

haha beaglemom unfortunately i dont think there is tmi when it comes to ttc. do you put some preseed in the syringe and then the sperm so no sperm is left in the syringe and theres extra lube?

From what I read, you can use saline to clean out what's left over. I don't plan to do that. I will use preseed. But I am thinking I will insert that about 15 minutes prior. Since that is what you are supposed to do during normal intercourse. No sure if mixing it will cause any kind of break down...so just trying to make it as close to the natural thing as possible. Hopefully it will be funny...I was laughing when they did my IUI, so it made that experience a little more pleasant. My only other concern is the whole getting it to the cervix thing. I do not really check my cervix out. So I will need to do that prior so we can have something to aim for...lol

Thanks Erin, I just feel like the stress could definitely take me out of the game this month but I really want more than anything to be pregnant. Trying to take it easy and remain calm. Just upset I did not visit her last week, I never thought I would never see her again.

Erin, so excited you are starting clomid today!

FBG, I think Erin is right. I looked through charts and the temps went up and down and they still got a bfp. I am in the habit of temping so I will keep it up and see what happens.

Beaglemom, it only takes one sperm to meet the egg! You were put in a tough situation with your doctors closed over a weekend and having bad weather. You did what you thought was best in your situation. They washed and put the best sperm close and waiting for your egg to be released, that seems like one heck of a chance to me! Fx'd.

Thanks for the back up. I think there is a good shot too. I just with my husband could get the job done as back up. He is just too stressed & feels the pressure. I wish I knew a way to help, but as I said before, I feel like I am doing everything I can. This weekend things were going well, but no finishing. So I decided if I O'd yesterday, maybe I still have a small window today. (thinking about the SMEP plan) So (please forgive the graphic detail of this situation) I bought a medical syringe...like for giving babies medicine. I plan to just do a dose of artificial insemination at home...use some preseed. If we can't get it done naturally, I just feel like I have to do something. It is going to be weird, but no more weird than the IUI.

I also seem to be having cramps today. I had an upset stomach earlier, but that seems to have passed.

Side note, I totally forgot to tell you...when they were doing the IUI the nurse said, this is going to sound crazy, but do you want to keep this (holding out the tube the sample was in). Me & my husband just started laughing & said NO! But I guess some people may want it for sentimental reasons.

So this may sound really stupid BUT how would you do IUI at home. Would you just out the semen in the syringe then insert it and push it in? lol I am just trying to see if this is something DH and I can do this cycle?

I have decided there are no more stupid questions....just mean people who try to make you feel stupid.

So at home it is technically artificial insemination (I think) because I am using the syringe & inserted it into the vagina near the cervix. I will be on my back, hips raised, & (here comes graphic) I will use a vibrator to have an orgasm (Orgasm helps the cervix pull up the semen). I looked it up on google & the only thing to be sure of is that you are clean about it & no air in the syringe. This is a method used most with women who are trying on their own with donor sperm & same sex couples. The difference being usually they get a sample from a lab which has to then be thawed which requires more steps & precautions.

The difference with the IUI is the IUI should only be done with washed sperm. Which obviously I cannot do. And the IUI is Intrauterine Insemination...which means they take washed sperm & insert it directly into the uterus via the cervix with a catherter. This method bypasses the hostility the sperm would normally meet in the vagina & allows more sperm to go to the uterus & also stronger. The washing leaves you with a smaller count of only the best of the swimmers.

Thank you so much! That makes complete sense to me. Sounds like a great idea! So the syringe is really small and long or what? I want to try this but not sure what kind to buy. So as you climax do you insert it in at the same time? I would think so, right? I actually watched a movie about a bunch of different couples that followed them on the day that they conceived and one was a same sex couple using donor sperm and that is exactly what they did. And does DH out his BJ (baby juice lol) into a clean plastic cup?

I have this crazy image of them with tweezers picking guys for the softball team.

When I realized we had to BD 5 days in a row last week I asked my DH how he felt and did he think his swimmers would be prepared...he answers me back saying he is sending the varsity swim team first, followed by the JV swim team! haha

So I called my REs office today and asked a ton of questions about my other IUI. I did not know what size my follicles where so I asked and she said that I had 3 at size 18.:happydance: Which is awesome!!! I asked about DH count because I couldn't remember his number either. His was 50million with good mobility and morphology. :happydance: So I think the only reason it did not work is because I did not O until like 3-5 DAYS after.:dohh: So I told her that I would want the trigger shot since my cycles have been 36 then 34 days. I told her that I did not O this past cycle until CD19. She said "definitely because if not we are kind of spinning our wheels!" So I feel really good about this IUI. I may also do artificial insemination at home not the day after but the following day. If DH will do it. Not sure where he stands with it. If he is down I am down lol

So the syringe I found in the drug store by like the pill boxes & thermometers. It is actually used for giving babies their medicine. I would say it is similar in size to a tampon. But the tip is much smaller. I never thought about inserting timing. I was thinking of making the deposit & then using the vibrator. Basically you place them near the cervix...then the muscle contractions will help the cervix suck them up...I think about a vacuum cleaner. And yes I just plan to use a plastic cup for the deposit.

Hi ladies.
I was on the January board but last cycle didn't work out for us.
Hopefully this month we will all be pleased with BFPs :) Baby dust to all!

Fun (random) fact - If it happens for us this month, the due date will be on, or within a day, of my birthday. :)

Hi Artsy and Crayons! I am hoping to see lots of bfps this month. I am 8dpo and my temp went down a bit and I am having cramping...hoping tomorrow is better!

Beaglemom, did you do the insemination last night? How did it go?

How is everyone else feeling?

Hi Artsy and Crayons! I am hoping to see lots of bfps this month. I am 8dpo and my temp went down a bit and I am having cramping...hoping tomorrow is better!

Beaglemom, did you do the insemination last night? How did it go?

How is everyone else feeling?

It was ok...my husband was not thrilled. He says he is crazy in the head & I know it's all in his head. It was funny at moments...but also a little weird. But we did what we did & now I get to wait. Driving me crazy. Plus work is slow so nothing to do except google. Plus it is cold again today so I never want to leave my space heater.

Maybe I can find some projects to do at home to keep my mind off everything. But really work is the time my mind starts wandering.

Glad you got it done! FXed for you!

It was ok...my husband was not thrilled. He says he is crazy in the head & I know it's all in his head. It was funny at moments...but also a little weird. But we did what we did & now I get to wait. Driving me crazy. Plus work is slow so nothing to do except google. Plus it is cold again today so I never want to leave my space heater.

Maybe I can find some projects to do at home to keep my mind off everything. But really work is the time my mind starts wandering.

Glad it worked out for you. The waiting is the hardest part now, time goes by so slowly. I do like keeping busy because if not I start pinching and poking and analyzing every moment what is going on in my body.

Well Savvy I am on my way "back up" lol I just mean that I was really down when I saw AF but now I am starting to get excited about our upcoming IUI. I talked to the nurse and she said my RE will prescribe me the trigger shot. So I feel a ton better knowing that I will be O at time of IUI. Now I have been praying that I have 3 follicles at size 18 again. I am also going to call and make my DH s/a for this Saturday since I have am on a snow day. I have been a busy girl with all of this calling, scheduling, and researching.
Savvy, isn't a good thing that your temp. went down today so that it could indicate implantation? FXed :)

So my husband has just decided the IUI worked & I am pregnant. It is a great thing to be thinking...I am optimistic, yet realistic. So I hope he is right...it is at least a good thought for the next week & a half of waiting. Also I guess through whatever websites I am on, I am on some kind of mailing list from Similac. I received coupons the other day & then yesterday a formula sample. So he decided it is a sign. I am keeping the sample because it has a pretty good shelf life. So maybe I will actually get to use it. I just sat through a very long (3 hr) meeting. So glad it is over. At least for 3 hours I wasn't thinking about any of this.

I hope whatever wait you are on, it is going well. I know we are either waiting to O or waiting to test.

Wow all this stuff about the siringe is really interesting. Have you heard of people its worked for? Im not ready to try it personally but its kinda an iui at home right? I am hoping for the best for you beaglemom!
Savvy im on 8 dpo today and my temp was really low last night (below cover). So im a bit worried and hoping for a jump tomorrow morning. I guess we both can hope that its implantation. Im not convinced though because i feel a sorta heaviness like before af comes. Were really close to the same day right? Well i hope we both get our bfps (and everyone else too!)

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Implantation-dip-study.html
Check this out savvy it looks good for you!

Wow all this stuff about the siringe is really interesting. Have you heard of people its worked for? Im not ready to try it personally but its kinda an iui at home right? I am hoping for the best for you beaglemom!
Savvy im on 8 dpo today and my temp was really low last night (below cover). So im a bit worried and hoping for a jump tomorrow morning. I guess we both can hope that its implantation. Im not convinced though because i feel a sorta heaviness like before af comes. Were really close to the same day right? Well i hope we both get our bfps (and everyone else too!)

The syringe really only similates regular intercourse. It is something for us to try because my husband can have performance issues. The IUI has a better success rate. For us, this was just a last minute back up to the IUI.

As far as it working, basically most same sex couples or single women (basically anyone who is not using a live partner to conceive) use this process to begin with. Like I said, it is basically like regular intercourse, so it can work. It is just a matter if it is something you need to try based on your situation.

I hope your dip is implantation! All these charts make me want to temp, but I know it will just stress me out more & I am already going through so many other things.

Thanks girls for all of your positive thoughts! I would love it if the dip was implantation, time will tell. Losing my Grandma this week has been hard but I am hoping she is watching over me.

Beaglemom, I wanted to temp back 6 months ago and figured it was too complicated and stressful. I talked to Erin and asked a few questions, she isn't too strict with it and made it sound super easy and totally worth it for the data. I am pretty easy going with it, if I sleep in or get up earlier I just make a note on my chart, I am pretty consistent getting up around 6 though. It takes about 1 minute to temp and then I am done. If I didn't temp this month I probably would have missed ovulation since I was almost certain (along with my doctor) that I would O between CD7-12...and I O'd confirmed with opks and the temps on CD17.

Need some advice ladies...

No one knows (in real life) we are ttc or that we had a m/c in December. I have recently had a few people ask me why I don't have kids or when I would have kids. DH and I have been married 9 years and we used to get questions like this all the time and it never bothered me to answer them because at that point in my life we weren't ttc. No one has asked me in a long time and it really hit me yesterday when someone said to me "You are so good with kids, why don't you have any of your own?" Of course I felt like screaming ..."We are trying" and running out of the room tears running down my face...but instead I stood there not really knowing what to say or do.

So my question is...what do you say?

Life is hard enough right now to hear people asking me "why"

Need some advice ladies...

No one knows (in real life) we are ttc or that we had a m/c in December. I have recently had a few people ask me why I don't have kids or when I would have kids. DH and I have been married 9 years and we used to get questions like this all the time and it never bothered me to answer them because at that point in my life we weren't ttc. No one has asked me in a long time and it really hit me yesterday when someone said to me "You are so good with kids, why don't you have any of your own?" Of course I felt like screaming ..."We are trying" and running out of the room tears running down my face...but instead I stood there not really knowing what to say or do.

So my question is...what do you say?

Life is hard enough right now to hear people asking me "why"

I basically have a few answers depending on the situation. Sometimes I just say I have dogs & cats. Sometimes I say I have enough to deal with raising my husband. Then the #1 answer I have been sticking to all these years (May will be 11 years for me) is I do not have kids, don't want kids, & happy that way (I do not say this in a nasty way at all). I say all these things in a joking like brush it off kind of way. I never make it in to a big deal. If you blow it off, they won't really think much about it. Oh, I do have another excuse...my favorite. I tell people I am too young to be have kids (I am 32).

I know it can be a hard thing to deal with people saying. I think it helps me because for 6 years we really were happy how things were. I also make remarks about kids that make people think I like kids, but only if they belong to other people. So when I get pregnant, everyone will probably think we made a huge boo boo. I think it will be funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->