• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

February...a month for Making Love & Making Babies!!!

Moni - I never had the different days of blood work. That may be something an RE would do for me. My dr doesn't seem concerned. So I am glad you brought that up. I totally forgot that was something else to do. I don't think I am going to push my dr for anything else. I am going to let her do her thing & after 3 months, we will just see.

As far as stress & lp, I don't know if this is true. But I read that lp is pretty much always the same except some drugs like clomid can affect it. I heard that stress affects ovulation which in turn affects your cycle length. Again, not sure if this is true or not. Sometimes, I just think our bodies are off. My last natural cycle was only 26 days & I can not remember a time my cycle was not at least 28. I had no unusual stresses...I was actually quite excited for my cycle to end so I could do the IUI. So who knows?

Side note, my husband totally has some major baby fever. He can't stop thinking about it & walking through the baby dept. I am starting to dread a negative even more. He is usually bummed in a general sense...but he has really invested in this cycle. Thanks again to all the encouragement from you guys. Sometimes I think some of you are more excited to see what happens than me! :)

So my husband has just decided the IUI worked & I am pregnant. It is a great thing to be thinking...I am optimistic, yet realistic. So I hope he is right...it is at least a good thought for the next week & a half of waiting. Also I guess through whatever websites I am on, I am on some kind of mailing list from Similac. I received coupons the other day & then yesterday a formula sample. So he decided it is a sign. I am keeping the sample because it has a pretty good shelf life. So maybe I will actually get to use it. I just sat through a very long (3 hr) meeting. So glad it is over. At least for 3 hours I wasn't thinking about any of this.

I hope whatever wait you are on, it is going well. I know we are either waiting to O or waiting to test.

Some how i missed this. . My dh and i lived with my parents last year while we were finishing building our house. we had planned once we moved in we wouod start trying. well we moved into our house in late august but still havent changes our mailing adress for several things. new years eve we invited my parents over for dinner. my mom bring over our mail and hands it to me. then she handed me a box and said do you have something to tell me. i said no why. i about died when i read similac all over the box. after they left i tore through the box trying to find out where it came from. . . still have no clue. the next day Jan 1i got my bpf. i hope u get urs too, without the mc. good luck.

That is awesome...& really made me smile...& cry a little (not in a bad way). Thanks. :)

FBG, your chart is looking so good! Looks like you are 14dpo if I counted correctly. Are you going to test, or just wait it out?

beaglemom, I think its so sweet that your DH is getting so excited. :) How cute. So its been over a week since the IUI, right? And a couple days less since the AI? I bet this TWW is going by so slowly for you since you have such a good chance this time. I have to say, I'm pretty excited for ya.

Moni, your vacation description on the other thread sounds SO fabulous. I absolutely LOVE traveling, and would love to go to those places. I've done a lot of traveling since I waited until I was 35 to get married. But it seems that I just can't get enough. Every few months I start to get restless and have to plan our next exotic vaca. Although I haven't been out of the country since May, because by then my focus had really turned to getting prego. But heck, maybe I should get out of here and go somewhere I haven't been again... its a great distraction from everyday life here, hehe.

Savvy, I think the other girls covered the different tests you can start with, so you probably have a pretty good handle on what to ask for. I also had a full blood workup done at one time to test thyroid, sugar, prolactin, other hormones, etc. Just wanted to make sure I didnt have a thyroid or sugar issue (diabetes runs in my family and can affect pregnancy) that I just didnt know about yet. All was clear. But my Dr wanted the SA from my DH before running any tests on me. Which also came back good. I had scheduled the HSG for Jan if I didnt end up getting prego in Dec. But as you know, I did get prego in Dec, so had to cancel the HSG. After the m/c, I haven't rescheduled that yet, but I will if I don't get prego again soon. Even though I got prego, it doesnt necessarily mean that the other tube isn't blocked. So I'll want to know.

Beaglemom, pretty sure you are right that stress can delay ovulation but it seems like once you ovulated you are pretty much locked into the same LP. Wondering if month to month the LP can differ by a day or two. My temp had a major drop on Friday which would have been 10dpo but I already stated AF on Thursday - maybe my body got goofed up this cycle since it was a crazy week. Though I was having pretty consistent cycles (24-26days) for about a year now and my cycle was 26 days...so I am thinking it was pretty accurate.

Sometimes I think not knowing the answers to tests stress me out more. Honestly the longer I wait to start testing the more time we waste and we aren't getting any younger. I had the super faint bfp but the nurse told me I was never pregnant with my blood tests at 50/72 - but the other new doctor told me I definitely was pregnant.

Erin, I think the SA for my DH is a must. Especially since he had the hernia surgery and his doctor did inform him that he might have trouble one day, that really concerns me. Especially since we BDed 5 days in a row...maybe that was just too much for him. One more question for you - you mentioned the prog supps that you will take after you O...does that help thicken the lining and extend LP? I am glad you convinced me to temp, it really gives me a lot more information and helped me pinpoint LP this cycle. Thanks. :flower:

Well i broke down and tested today at 11dpo ... Bfn. :( i used a cheap test so i have a little hope that it was just too early. But i feel like af is coming, i have a heavy feeling that i get before af.

Well i broke down and tested today at 11dpo ... Bfn. :( i used a cheap test so i have a little hope that it was just too early. But i feel like af is coming, i have a heavy feeling that i get before af.

A lot of woman will say 11dpo is way too early to test, especially with the cheapie tests. Fx'd that you can test again in a few days and get your bfp!

Hopefully you are early Curly. Erose - the last time we went abroad was in 2005 - so we are way overdue for a trip. We are only going because his boss is paying for most of it.

I leave on Wed and hope to see lots of good news when I get back!

AFM - still a little spotting going on. My periods usually last 3 days (4 days max with maybe a little spotting) so my body is definitely still messed up.

11 dpo is definitely still early. And AF signs can also be pregnancy...don't lose hope, yet.

Erin, this TWW is definitely one of the worst...thanks for reminding me...j/k ;) My husband keeps asking me every day when we can start testing. I am still holding out a few days I think. He also has this horrible habit of telling me these great idea either he came up with or heard somewhere...but they really came from me. So he said the other day I read somewhere or heard somewhere that making lists while you wait can help pass time. So then I hung up on him. He called me back & said that was you that told me, wasn't it? So maybe we will try that on his next days off.

savvy, the Prog in my case is to help thicken the uterine lining, just in case that's what caused the m/c. Mr. Dr doesnt necessarily think that I am low on Prog. But clomid can thin the uterine lining on its own, in some women, so the Prog is just a way to thicken it up and make for a cozy womb for a little bean, just in case that was my issue. But I do believe that it would also have the ability to lengthen LP if the dose is high enough... I believe allison's LP was extended when she was taking Prog pills. From what I recall, AF didnt arrive for her, and she was confused, so she called her Dr. and they told her to stop taking it, and thats when it came. She could confirm that if she's checking in on this thread still, but i believe that's how it went. But I have no idea if Dr's prescribe it specifically for that purpose or not. I believe Clomid and Femara are other ways to correct a short LP, or at the very least, get you O'ing a little earlier (or later, whichever it is that the woman needs). Beaglemom is right, I've also read that our LP isnt supposed to vary. If you O four days later than normal, your cycle is supposed to go four days longer than normal. But I do believe stress could've contributed to yours. It can cause a period to come early or late. Or your body could also still have been adjusting after your m/c. Sometimes it just takes women more than just the one cycle to balance back out.

11 dpo is definitely still early. And AF signs can also be pregnancy...don't lose hope, yet.

Erin, this TWW is definitely one of the worst...thanks for reminding me...j/k ;) My husband keeps asking me every day when we can start testing. I am still holding out a few days I think. He also has this horrible habit of telling me these great idea either he came up with or heard somewhere...but they really came from me. So he said the other day I read somewhere or heard somewhere that making lists while you wait can help pass time. So then I hung up on him. He called me back & said that was you that told me, wasn't it? So maybe we will try that on his next days off.

Your story made me giggle a little... my DH has done the same thing (even with other topics besides pregnancy), where he mentions that he heard something somewhere, and I'm like.... really Hun? Seriously? And he realizes immediately that, oh yea, he heard it from me. :dohh:

Yeh he does it all the time with everything...so annoying...but he always says it like listen to this amazing thing. He has also converted my ideas in to his own.

Don't worry yet Curly! I know we see women getting early BFPs all the time on these forums, and it blows my mind, because everyone I know in real life was never able to get a positive pregnancy test until either the day AF was due, or even the day after. The earliest one I've heard in real life was my best friend who got hers the day before missed AF. And she was even basing that on her longest cycle. So I'm blown away by the amount of early BFPs I see on this site! I wish I could be one of those lucky ones, but I bet I wont be, hehe! I got my BFP in Dec at 14 or 15dpo. I dont necessarily like using mine as an example since it ended in a CP, but the lines were getting darker for a few days, so even if it had stuck, I still dont think I would've gotten a BFP before about 14dpo. :flower:

Moni, I'm sorry you're having such strange things going on... remind me, what do you think is causing it? I know you had the IUI and then a really long LP waiting for AF to show. But were you taking Prog or anything? Sorry if you've mentioned this in other posts, I've been lagging behind lately... I just couldn't recall what might be different and causing the strange cycles.

Moni, I'm sorry you're having such strange things going on... remind me, what do you think is causing it? I know you had the IUI and then a really long LP waiting for AF to show. But were you taking Prog or anything? Sorry if you've mentioned this in other posts, I've been lagging behind lately... I just couldn't recall what might be different and causing the strange cycles.

No progesterone. I did have a cyst develop - so I think that is what is messing me up. my first IUI had a cyst - the doctor had me take the ovidrel anyway and I had a 4 week LP. Then after the last IUI, I had another 3+ week LP. This month I wont dothe trigger - hopefully I'll get back to normal. My guess is it is just the cyst and hormones from the cyst. The RE didn't have any answers either and doesn't think anything is wrong.

Erin, thanks for the info. I think right now I am probably out for doctor appointments this cycle, since it usually takes a bit to get in to the doctors...but I can schedule a few appointments for next month, or at least see if I can get a SA for my DH. I think I will try the vitamin B6 this month and see if I O late like last cycle (CD17) then it might confirm I have a short LP. Hoping that stress caused AF to arrive early and that this cycle I can go on to get my bfp! How are you feeling after clomid? Not too much longer until O time for you...maybe a V-day baby! :)

Moni - how exciting! Enjoy your vacation!!

Beaglemom, my hubby does the same. Even worse is when my hubby talks to his mom on the phone, she tells him something important like his Aunt is sick or we are having a family dinner. By the time he hangs up, I think he forgets to tell me! Then gets mad when I don't know what is going on. His mom and I laugh about it at least. Just funny when he doesn't forget about anything else!

Thanks for asking savvy, I'm actually feeling totally fine after the clomid (so far), and my face isn't even broken out. I looked back at the notes I made in my other Clomid charts though, and I think most of will come with my LH surge and ovulation. Probably a break-out, a day or two of feeling emotional, maybe a headache (I got a killer headache during my LH surge the other month that I took 50mg). Then it will all go away after O.

FBG, I am getting super excited about your chart! I stalked it again this morning, and with the second jump you had today, it looks like it may be going triphasic! Trying not to get TOO excited since its just one temperature so far, but its hard not to get excited for you!

Moni, that's right, I completely forgot about the cyst. Ok, well at least that's something that could explain it, instead of being completely in the dark and totally confused! I see from your chart that you're still spotting. I know thats frustrating, but I bet it will stop any day now. So without the Clomid, when do you normally O in your cycle?

beaglemom, how are you feeling today?

AFM, I dont have much new to report. I'm just waiting to O in a few days. Been taking the Robitussin, and it did get rid of that thick sticky CM again. :) Now its just slightly sticky, but more clear and thinner. I dont have any fertile looking CM yet, but its better than having that thick stuff getting in the sperm's way. And I recall the last time I drank this stuff, it did the same thing... it got rid of the hostile CM first, which was a step in the right direction compared to my other clomid cycles, and then the more fertile CM finally came on the day of O, or maybe the day before. So right now, when we BD, we are using the Preseed. I'm making sure to use the applicators, so that I can get more into the cervix. But if I see some more fertile CM closer to O day, I probably won't use the Preseed then.

Hi to all the other ladies! Would love to see some updates. :flower:

ERose, not that you want the side effects but if they come around the time of the LH surge at least that could be another sign that you are Oing! Sounds like you are ready by drinking the robi and using some preseed.

I am just hanging in here. Luckily AF was not bad at all this month, a little light cramping but so much better than the last two months. Seems to be on her way out so I am thinking about starting the opks on CD6 - new doc told me I would O between CD7-12 - even though I O'd on CD17 last time I am not messing around just in case that was a weird cycle.

Nothing new for me. I had some brown mix in cm today when I went to the restroom. But I was in the mall & not expecting to see anything, so I didn't really investigate it. I also had upset stomach yesterday and today. But each time is totally explainable. I went & got fast food breakfast then had about an hour & half drive. But I didn't eat much of it. I thought I would never make it to my destination to get to the restroom. So it may have been the grease. Then I ate pizza last night. So today I was going shopping with a friend. I had not had breakfast, so after the first stop we were starving. So we went to Taco Bell & drank a ton of Mt Dew. Sometimes a lot of sugar can upset my stomach...especially when I am out & about. Then we went to the mall. Big mistake...first, it is always busy in the mall & HOT! So I went to the bathroom a few times. Plus I get anxiety in the mall...so that adds to it.

So to sum up, I really don't think anything is pointing to actual pregnancy symptoms. If I did have the spotting, it is a good time in my cycle to have it...but I don't get excited about that stuff because I have been known to have the brown mix up to a week before AF.

Oh, I am also on a psychic thread here & a lady who thought she was out apparently just got a positive so Cheri was right for her...which is very exciting.

Hey everyone! I have nothing new to report really. I didnt test today cause yesterday's heaviness and dull cramps had me convinced af was on her way. I basically have no cm but feel kinda wet all the time. Today i have had no cramps and the heaviness only a bit that goes away fast. Also my temp is still up and its been the highest yet these last couple days. So i dont know but its probably not my month. I expected to have cramps today and more symptoms of Af. I have been kinda crabby and fighting with my husband too (probably clomid messing with me). I hate getting af when i take clomid cause it makes me really emotional, i cry and i am one who never cries hardly. I guess i will know soon, af should show tuesday.

Does anyone know how many months you can take clomid for before taking a break. I thought they reccommended 6 months. I then how long of a break are you supposed to have? I have been taking it cd3-7 do you think i should try 5-9? Also i was thinking about asking to up my dose. I have taken 50mg and it has made me ovulate but i havent gotten pg (i guess we dont know for sure this month yet). Could trying 100mg help me or should i stay at 50 cause it makes me ovulate? Sorry about all rhe questions, i just want to hear other opinions.

Hey everyone! I have nothing new to report really. I didnt test today cause yesterday's heaviness and dull cramps had me convinced af was on her way. I basically have no cm but feel kinda wet all the time. Today i have had no cramps and the heaviness only a bit that goes away fast. Also my temp is still up and its been the highest yet these last couple days. So i dont know but its probably not my month. I expected to have cramps today and more symptoms of Af. I have been kinda crabby and fighting with my husband too (probably clomid messing with me). I hate getting af when i take clomid cause it makes me really emotional, i cry and i am one who never cries hardly. I guess i will know soon, af should show tuesday.

Does anyone know how many months you can take clomid for before taking a break. I thought they reccommended 6 months. I then how long of a break are you supposed to have? I have been taking it cd3-7 do you think i should try 5-9? Also i was thinking about asking to up my dose. I have taken 50mg and it has made me ovulate but i havent gotten pg (i guess we dont know for sure this month yet). Could trying 100mg help me or should i stay at 50 cause it makes me ovulate? Sorry about all rhe questions, i just want to hear other opinions.

Are you being monitored? Because that will answer a lot. First off, I don't know for sure, but I think 6 months sounds about right. Not sure how long of a break you need. My gyno is only going to give me 6 months. I had 3 with timed intercourse & then the next 3 are for IUI cycles. I am taking it 5-9 50 mg to give me a stronger egg. I think 3-7 is a good time for women who are taking it because they do not normally ovulate. So back to the monitoring...if you are being monitored, they will know if you are really ovulating & how big the follicles are. If you are ovulating & your follicles are a good size, I am not sure they would up your dose because it is basically doing what it should be. I would ask about the higher dose...but your days are probably perfect. DO NOT change your days up without the dr permission. The days you take it are very important. If you have been on clomid a while with no results, you should ask about femera. I hear good things about it. I also get hormonal on it & I hear femera is easier on you as far as symptoms, does not dry up cm, & also doesn't thin the lining...which is the main reason people need a break from clomid.

Hope this helps. We have quite a few clomid users, so they can also pitch in some thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->