Felt like giving up, Got new hope!!

Lab - she hasn't mentioned doing an hsg yet. I just really hope that they get whatever tests they want done this cycle and then start me on something next cycle.

Dragonfly - I'm glad you had a nice weekend with dh. A upick farm sounds fun. We have apple orchards close to where I live but I've never been to it. I didn't know being pregnant makes you tan easier that's cool.

Ttc - that's great she's already planning on starting clomid. I pray your tubes are nice and clear.

Dragonfly - glad you got some good r&r! I love picking fruits, fall is my favorite season purely for apple picking I think! We have raspberries and strawberries we grow in our yard, but we have to get to them before the animals do!

How are you doing? Is MS better for you now? Did you book your anatomy US yet??

TTC - I hate waiting too. It's the worst. But it is great that they are getting things done! Luckily your cycles are shorter now so the wait was be as long as it would have been! My doc made me do the HSG before clomid too, she said there would be no point in giving it if at least one wasn't open. At least when you DO go and have it done, you'll know right away what your tubes are like because you actually watch the dye spill out (or not). But I'm sure your tubes are fine! Still keeping my FX that you will get your BFP this cycle!

Leetie - I'm hoping that whatever they need to do they do it for you this cycle! Your doc may have thought only US was necessary - the hsg they do exactly a week after your period I believe, so I think your doc would have already had you have it done. I'm still hoping you'll get your bfp this cycle, too. I see you're on cd14 - they must be doing a cd21 blood draw? Ask questions if they are leaving you a bit in the dark. Sometimes I write my questions down because I tend to draw a mental blank as soon as the doc walks through the door...

AFM doing alright. Next weekend DH and I are going camping for a couple of nights and going to the beach for a couple of days. Hoping it helps pass the time quickly as we wait for gender scan on Aug 11th. I think I may have felt some movement today...felt like a moving muscle twitch in my bump, but I'm really surprised because the doc said not to expect it until later because of the anterior placenta... I asked the girls on the second tri forum, though, and they seem to think it was movement so yeeee....

Leetie - I bet the apple orchards near you would be amazing to go to.

Labgal -Raspberries and strawberries, yum! My midwife sent out our referral so when I hear back from them we'll be scheduling our anatomy scan :) MS still has it's moments, but I'm praying it just keeps getting better. Your trip sounds lovely, I hope you and DH have an amazing time! Definitely sounds like movement to me, so exciting!!

Lab - that's sounds so nice going camping and to the beach I hope you have great time. How many weeks are you? You need some sort of ticker in your SIG I always forget. My niece is almost 14 weeks and has an anterior placenta and she felt baby a couple weeks ago, so its possible that's what it is :) . The doctor never said anything about CD 21 blood test. I have to wait until I ovulate then do a cm test and I think she wants to check progesterone then.

Agreed with Leeite, I always forget where Lab is with no ticker! I just know she's close to me :) hehe.

Lab - are you doing the gestational diabetes screening? My midwife said it's not mandatory since I don't have any risk factors or flags popping up for it, so I'm looking into it while we decide.

It's good to see everyone is moving right along.
Leetie it's great that your dr jumped into action and starting all these tests hopefully they figure it all out for you!! FX.
Lab that sounds great! I wanna go to the beach. Time will fly by before u know it.
Dragon- yay for anatomy scan!!!

AFM- I came online to look around because I'm having the worst pain/pressure ever!! Idk if I'm 2 dpo or 12 dpo because the stupid opks lol but now I'm really I mean REALLY having a lot of pain pressure in my low tummy area. Directly above my cooter. I was gonna work out but that's not happening with this feeling :(

Hi ladies!

Vacation plans sound wonderful lab. I have mad respect for you camping at any weeks pregnant in the summertime. I think I could do a camping trip in the fall not pregnant, that's about it :)

The summer produce here is amazing. We went to the farmers' market near us the other day and they had everything, from those little multi-colored tomatoes (I eat them like candy) to strawberries, raspberries, cherries, sweet onions and purple colored bell peppers. Fresh tomatoes are so good, I don't like regular grocery store tomatoes. My grandfather and I used to grow tomatoes, so when DH and I moved to California we thought it would be great to grow our own tomatoes, but it was an utter failure. Turns out it wasn't us, it's is just really hard to grow tomatoes in California because it is so dry.

AFM- about 14 dpo and pretty sure I O'ed yesterday and/or today. Funny with temping I started to realize what O pains were. I always thought I just got a bad stomach every month or so. I'm trying to figure out when I should get AF because I might be out of town for work. That would delay the Clomid for a month :( Oh well, what's another month?

TTC - Ouch, sorry to hear you're in so much pain! I wonder what it could be. That's frustrating with the opks leaving you in such limbo, at least your doctor gave you a date to test by to see what's going on.

Xan - Gosh that all sounds delicious! There is definitely something special about farm fresh fruits and vegetables that grocery stores just cannot provide. *If* you need Clomid after this cycle would your doctor prescribe it before hand just in case you are out of town for work? Fingers crossed you wont need it though and that this O date is the magic one.

I know I need a ticker :( I'll try to get one in the next couple of weeks. This is my 15th week. What week are you, Dragonfly? Your ticker always gives me Xs for some reason.

I can't wait for your anatomy scan, Dragonfly! I don't think I'm going to do the GD screen. It kind of seems kind of pointless. I have no flags for it and my weight is normal and I haven't gained yet, so I doubt I'll do that. I still have to do the second part of my NT bloodwork somewhere between monday and the following monday, but the scan part of it came back promising so that's likely the extent of testing I'll have. I don't want to do CVS or Amnio or the like. How about you?

If you're 12 dpo TTC, I'd take it as a good sign! One of my first symptoms was a lot of lower pressure - I thought I was getting a UTI or something but nope, it was just baby! FX for you lovie!

Xan - I love farmers markets. Sounds so delicious! How long would you be out of town? Can you pick up rx before you go or would you miss BD days if you took it?

Happy 15 weeks Lab :) Time is flying quick! That's strange about my ticker, I wonder what's up with that. I'm in my 18th week :) Just a few more weeks until the anatomy scan! Just waiting for the darn place to call and schedule it:coffee:

I feel conflicted with the GD screen, mostly I don't want to do it because it just sounds awful and it makes me feel selfish thinking that way. But like you, there aren't any increased risks or flags that are making them say I should do it. Glad that the NT scan came back great, I'm sure your bloods will too! We didn't do the NT scan so won't be doing the CVS or Amnio either.

I thought you were 3 weeks ahead of me :) Your EDD is somewhere in the mid December 20s, right? Holiday baby! (Must be pc of course ;) ... here in RI our state has Holiday Trees now).

December 15th :) Although at my last scan I was measuring a week ahead so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that in my next scan I'll still be ahead a week so they can move my date up. You're due at the beginning of January, right?

Psh on holiday trees, I still say Christmas.

I'm not sure whether they would give me Clomid before I go, but thanks for planting the idea! I didn't even think about that- sometimes I wonder where my head is...

The RE is pretty strict- they won't do treatment until you've had infectious disease testing in the past 12 months. We had it done 13 months ago :dohh: so it was off for a whole other series of blood tests. One day I came into work with bandaids all over my arms. Hard to hide when it's 90 degrees outside.

They've wavered around on my due date, too. Based on LMP, Jan 4th. My first scan baby was a little small for dates, which wasn't surprising considering I O'd on CD 18-19 or something like that, so they said Jan 10th, but then at my last scan baby was measuring ahead, so more like the 4th again. I think baby will come at New Years, just a feeling. We'll see!

Xan - that's crazy how strict they are with infectious testing. They did an HIV and Hep test for me before rxing clomid, but they just did the clyamid/gono at my 12 week. I guess they can treat those if you are pregnant, though. It's weird knowing you definately don't have anything but having the tests anyway. Caution is for the best.

You ladies will love this - I had a patient refuse me today on the basis that I am a woman, and apparently women are inferior and incompetent, and can't do anything as well as a man. It's a good thing I was relayed the message from the gals in the front of the office, because I had more than a few choice words than came to mind for that wonderful fellow, and my censorship is just awful in pregnancy.

Hello all
May I join you ladies?
I have been trying for over 12mos with no bfp...did all testings and looks like I m not ovulating on my own..was given clomid due to irregular cycle..I think I ovulated but cannot confirmed as I wasn't monitored....going to see reproductive endocrinologist next week and hopefully they can induc period and put me on something otherwise my cycles could go anywhere 35-55 days...today on c38 and I know I haven't o this cycle since blood test confirmed it.....
Little nervous to what's coming ahead...Insurance doesn't cover iui so hopefully medication and try naturally would do trick as long as I m monitored to see how many follicles there r before we go iui route....

Hello, Jannah. Of course you can join us :) Welcome!

Maybe the doc didn't give you a high enough MG the first time you did clomid. Do you do temping at all, so maybe if you do another cycle you can confirm O if they don't monitor you? How many cycles did you do clomid for?

I hope your RE can give you some insight and help!

Hi Jannah- sounds like you fit right in here. We've all dealt with cycle issues, but you are on the road to figuring it out :hugs: I know it's scary, but we've been there and are (hopefully) on the road to answers.

Out of curiosity- what test do they do to test if you have ovulated?

Xan - It's definitely worth looking into to see if your dr will give you the Clomid before your trip just in case. Gosh that is strict, awful that you had to be jabbed so many times too. For the ovulation I'm not sure, I think they do a blood draw? When they were going to put me on femara I was to go in for 3 days after getting a positive opk.

Lab - Oh that would be so exciting to have a new years baby!! I hope your feeling is right :) My LMP puts me ahead a week but since I O'd so late calculating with my O date was more accurate at the start.

I would say I can't believe he would refuse you to work on him, but to be honest it doesn't surprise me. Grumpy old men are out there who believe women can't do anything. Glad you had warning and good job on keeping your cool:thumbup: Pregnancy has made my filter disappear lol

Jannah - Welcome! You fit right in with all of us, we've all have/had wacky cycles. You're on the path to get all sorted out and every lady in this group is such a massive support through everything I don't know what I'd do without them!

Xan -I hope the RE will give you clomid before you go, and you won't have to do the infectious testing since your only a month past the year mark.

Lab - New Years baby would be awesome! Wow that's just sad that people still act and think that way. I hope who ever did take care of him made his visit not so pleasant. What is it that you do?

Jannah Welcome :hugs: I pray that your doctor will get everything figure out for you and you get your bfp soon!

QUOTE=xanzaba;33261525]Hi Jannah- sounds like you fit right in here. We've all dealt with cycle issues, but you are on the road to figuring it out :hugs: I know it's scary, but we've been there and are (hopefully) on the road to answers.

Out of curiosity- what test do they do to test if you have ovulated?[/QUOTE]

I had progesterone testing done 7 days after positive opk...with clomid, it was 35...without clomid it was1...
I think with clomid we didn't bd enough and we just went with opk....no temping no follicle ultrasound,,,I m going to see if I can try Femara this time as I hated clomid side effects...
Thanks for such warm welcome!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"