Felt like giving up, Got new hope!!

Hi Leetie- yes, I tested again this morning. There was a faint line, but I've had lines like this in the past so I'm not getting my hopes up (too high :) ). I'll test again Weds morning and if I have any glimmer of a line I'll use a precious FRER.

How're you doing? Any plans to test?

Hi Ladies. Happy New Year!

I know I come and go a lot lately. This is my busiest time at work so I haven't had much ability to come on the boards.

I was really hoping to see some BFPs but it looks like Xan is still in the running! Eek!

How are you all feeling/what point in your cycles?

Discovered I do indeed have PCOS and one of my ovaries is scarred to the point of non functional. Have another dr's appointment tomorrow; I think I will be going on metformin and clomid but we will see. Oddly the whole thing makes me feel more relieved than less. The situation is out of my hands and whatever will happen will happen.

Midway through my cycle now, I guess, so I'll still cling to a shred of hope that I won't need to start the drugs at all but if I do it's no big.

New years resolutions anyone?

Labgal :hugs:

I am a strong believer that it's good to know these things, and it gives you something you can fix. I know when I went through all that I had ups and downs, and everyone here made me feel better. Happy to return the favor if you need it :)

:hug: thanks, Xan. What did you discover during your ttc journey if you don't mind my asking?

Xan - fingers crossed so tight they hurt, praying that line turns into a bfp.

Labgal- :hugs: I love that your staying positive and still have hope for this cycle. But if you have to go on meds I pray not for long and you get your bfp right away.

AFM - I had a tiny bit of pink spotting last night and again a little while ago I also have AF like cramps so she's probably right around the corner. Not giving up hope until she shows though. My temps have gone down a little but not anything major.

Welcome back labgal! If you have to go on meds I hope they work for you, but at least now you have some reasoning why things aren't working.

FX'd for you xan!!

Hope she stays away Leetie!

AFM- I'm just in lala land lol. Still waiting to see what happens. When I get home I will test if AF hasn't shown. FF said anytime Saturday through this Saturday so if she doesn't show I will test Sunday. I surely hope she doesn't show on my plane ride home Saturday AHHHH!! All this time I still haven't had sore boobs and that's very strange so I really don't know where my body stands at this point in time.

Thanks ladies, hope it's real :)

Labgal- I found out I had polyps. I was sad for a while, thinking it meant I wasn't meant to have kids. But... the ladies here were great. Found a board by women who had them removed and one by one they got their bumps! Also, DH really stepped up to the plate, made me laugh, understood when I cried. Had them removed in September and now I know I have a better shot. Looking back, it seems like a bump in the road :)

[AFM- I'm just in lala land lol. Still waiting to see what happens. When I get home I will test if AF hasn't shown. FF said anytime Saturday through this Saturday so if she doesn't show I will test Sunday. I surely hope she doesn't show on my plane ride home Saturday AHHHH!! All this time I still haven't had sore boobs and that's very strange so I really don't know where my body stands at this point in time.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I really hope this is it for all of us :)

That's so encouraging, Xan. How wonderful!

TTC - really hope AF stays away; and for you, too, Leetie! I'll be keeping you both in my thoughts! Expecting updates!

Sorry to dissapoint ladies but AF showed not to long after I posted and with really painful cramps ugh. Well on to a new cycle in a new year. I'm going to try to remember to take my vitex everyday and keep temping and opking.

TTC - maybe the lack of sore bbs is a sign. I hope AF stays away for you Fx.

Lab I really do agree that I think it's better to know so you know how to correct it. I have to get insurance so I can see if there's something wrong with me too if this isn't my month. Hopefully now that you know the meds will work for you!!

Leetie- I'm sorry hun. Painful AF is the worst. Good luck next cycle!!

AFM- I've been nauseated all dang day. Everything I eat makes me so sick. First I ate beef stew for lunch and thought maybe it was the grease flaring my gallbladder but tonight I had beef and noodles and it's really a struggle to keep it down. Perhaps AF is finding her way to me too because I'm feeling blahhhh.

I hope you are feeling better today, TTC!

And Leetie as well...I hate when AF is super crampy :( :hugs:

Getting progesterone levels checked tomorrow, the 21 day test. Then we are heading up north for a week of winter fun :) Snowboarding, ice skating snowshoeing and the like.

DH has a SA to do but I told him it was fine to wait until after vaca. He's a bit grumpy about that and that the doc told us we are having too much sex so we have to cut back. We've DTD daily for the past 3 years so the change is making him a bit anxious, but luckily there's another couple we work with going through the same thing though they are much farther along (starting IVF now after 6 failed rounds of clomid and 3 rounds iui). But he's still quite supportive and completely on board, I think he's just afraid there's something wrong with him, too, that would make concieving even more difficult. Explained to him it's more ruling things out than anything, and I'm sure he's fine. The vacation should do us both good!

Have fun labgal and try to keep your mind off it. I don't know if the doctor mentioned this, or if it applies, but drinking does lower SA numbers. I hope you figure it out, and if it is BDing too often (not a bad problem to have!) then at least you can do something about it :winkwink:

Where are you going skiing, if you don't mind me asking? I used to live in Boston and loved going up to New Hampshire/Vermont. We used to get some cheap skiing up in Canada when the Canadian dollar was 60 cents American, but those days are long gone I'm afraid.

Xan - no wine I'm not much of a drinker I very rarely will have maybe a half glass of wine. When I get upset or stressed I usually just invite family over to distract me. How are you doing? Any more testing?

TTC - how are feeling ?

Labgal - I'm jealous your going on vacation not so much to somewhere cold though. Its been negative 20 here for the last 2 days so I'm dreaming of the sun and sand lol. Good luck with your testing tomorrow. My dh wouldn't be happy about cutting back either. We were doing everyday then we switched to every other. Just remind him that everything your doing will be worth it in the end.

AFM - not only is AF being a real witch this cycle but I'm sick too. I have a cold coughing up mucus, sneezing, runny nose. Ugh I hate being sick this is the most I've been sick since I've been little I Dont know where I keep getting it. I wash my hands a 100 times a day I always Lysol everything after people have been here. Must be stress. Work has slowed down for dh but it should pick up after January.

Hi ladies!
Lab hope things go well with the DH's testing. Have fun on vacation!!
Leetie hope AF leaves soon and takes the icky stuff with her!

AFM- Nothing lol. Honestly nothing is happening for me, just trucking along. Dizziness and nausea isn't fun but could totally be my gallbladder flaring and the weather change that keeps happening here in GA. So I'm just waiting to see what happens by Sunday.

Leetie - Sorry af got you, but with a new year bring on a new fresh cycle - it'll be a better one!

Xan - How hopeful! My fingers are super crossed, any more news?

Labgal - :hugs: I love your outlook on how things are going and I'll be keeping you in my thoughts that even if you have to go through medical approaches that you'll get your bfp asap. Have a fun vacation :)

TTC - Looking forward to hear how the weekend turns out!! This may be it!

Newlywed - Warm thoughts coming your way:hugs:

AFM: My chart is plummeting down still. I think I may have pulled a muscle or something over the holidays. My lower left ribs have felt out of place for a few weeks so I saw my chiro which helped a bit but now the muscle around the area is tender and if I move certain ways it feels like a grabbing sensation, not fun:nope: Had pains this morning down in my pubic bone which wasn't friendly, followed by cramps in my right side similar to O so we bd before DH left for work.

Dragonfly- feel better, that sounds like no fun. Hopefully you'll be feeling 100% when it's time to bd :winkwink:

Leetie, take care- sounds like the flu. A friend of mine had to go to the hospital because she had a high fever and low blood pressure. Whatever's going around this year sounds bad.

TTC- can't wait to here about this weekend. Are you still nauseated?

AFM- thought I was out because temps tumbled. For some reason I kept waking up between 3-4, maybe temps were affected by that. But... last night I had some pretty vicious cramps, and woke up today with highest still temps 98.9. Don't know if I was dreaming or not, but had cramps last night that are gone this morning too. Almost ate sushi last night- glad I held off :) AF is supposed to show Saturday or so. If she's not here, I'll test Saturday. Hate those maybe lines....

Xan - that's awesome you used to live in Boston. I grew up in the Boston area and did half my college there; the other half in NYC.

We are going to Attitash and cranmore, basically staying between those two mountains. Have you been there?

We basically didn't drink for 6 months now we do a few days a month, but not heavily. Nothing that should affect his swimmies too much.

Very cold, Leetie! Got down to -20 with wind chill here at one point! We're going somewhere warm in march :)

Hi labgal- yes, I left my heart in Boston. Love New England. Is Loon Mountain around there? We skied Loon Mountain a couple of times. Looks like you'll be enjoying all the snow from the polar vortex but none of the dangerous temps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->