Felt like giving up, Got new hope!!

Thanks ladies! I had blood drawn today so now I just wait and see what they do next. Sorry AF found you Leetie. I'm not sure why the LP was so short. Hopefully it's just a one time thing. That's one of the things my dr talked to me about because I was worried that 12 days wasn't enough and she said 12-16 days is what is normal. I can't remember if vitex helps with that or no. Hopefully next cycle works itself out and brings a bfp!!

My LP has been consistently 10 days except the cycle before last it was 5 days but I'm not 100% convinced I O'd even though FF says I did. Vitex is supposed to help I've been taking it regularly for 3 months and it doesn't seem to be changing anything. I was taking 800mg. I'm going to try 1200mg. They reccomend 1000mg but the ones I have in pill form are 400 each but I don't think it can hurt you. DH has an appt. With a urologist may 7th but I'm not sure if its just a consult or they are doing an SA because they didn't give him any instructions so I want him to call to make sure.

Yeah I would say it couldn't hurt. I would try the 1200. Have you discussed the short LP with the dr? I wonder if there's something else that could help. I had been taking vitex to regulate my periods. I haven't taken it in months though. I kept forgetting lol.

AFM- I just got the call back from my dr and my thyroid is underactive. I will start taking meds today and get rechecked in 90 days. Although I just read that with having underactive thyroid if you get pregnant you have to get checked frequently because you need a lot more once you become pregnant. Scary stuff because if you don't stay on top of it your child can be developmentally delayed. AHHHH!!

TTC - in a way, it's good news about your thyroid. Once they fix that it should seriously improve your conception. I know someone who tried for well over a year, then had her thyroid checked, she got on meds and in a couple of months she was preg! I hope that happens for you!

Leetie - sorry AF shows. It's good DH is seeing someone - are you as well?

What's going on, Dragonfly, Xan?

AFM... I'm like a horrible monster the past couple of days. I am completely beyond pissed about *everything* - the wrong look, some words phrased "funny" - I turn into a screaming psychopath. I'm even pissed about being pissed. I went completely berserk on DH last night at any slight point of disagreement or tension, which is very out of character for me. I tend to be the "let things go as quickly as possible" type. I know it must be the hormones/clomid situation. I have no s/e other than being a nutjob, no sore breasts, cramps or anything. Hopefully I'll wake up on the right side of the bed tomorrow...

ttc- hopefully the thyroid medicine will help get you your bfp! I havent been to a doctor yet but hopefully soon.

lab- sorry your not feeling like yourself. I hope your better today I hate when my emotions make me irrational I know I am being moody but I cant help it. Hopefully your dh is understanding like mine lol.

xan- how are you?

dragonfly - when you went for your ultrasound did they tell you your due date? i cant remember if you said it or not.

Hi Ladies- ttc, I've been on thyroid medication for a few months now, and I really feel better even though I didn't realize that anything was wrong. Sorry if TMI, but I used to get constipated and bloated, especially around O. Also, I hwould get sick or get infections all of the time. This year, I've only had the flu once and no other colds etc. So, hopefully this will be good for ttc and good for you!

Turns out I haven't O'ed yet but definitely feeling that it is happening today. I hope it's good that I'm O'ing later, I've read that vitex (in the vitamins) can prolong your cycles if they are on the shorter side.

In other news, I had a little set back with other doctors- they want me to have another set of tests over the next couple of weeks. The cardiologist I saw mentioned that I shouldn't be ttc'ing until I get the go ahead from all the doctors. First time I heard anything about holding off.

Lab - sorry yesterday you weren't feeling your best, I hope today is going much better!

TTC - Glad they've figured it out with your thyroid and are going to take care of it! I hope it brings your bfp :)

Xan - I'm sorry to hear one doctor wants you to hold off on ttc, did they say why they feel you should wait? I hope that if you do have to wait a little bit that it's only a short while and they give you the green light fast.

Leetie - Right now I'm due December 15th :)

afm: Had my first prenatal appt, not too thrilled with my current doc. My "pre conception" visit was way more personal than this. DH and I basically filled out papers, they gave me a sheet of paper saying what I could/could not eat and when I asked questions they said to read the info the gave me. So not pleased.

Xan - I hope the doctors are just being cautious about waiting and everything be fine.

Dragonfly - that would be awesome to have the baby before Christmas and get to spend the holiday together. Doctors should always be prepared to answer a million questions especially with first time moms. I would be irritated too.

AFM - I think AF is about gone yay!

Xan - when is your next doctors appointment? You should express your concern over the cardiologists comment on ttc. As Leetie said, I too hope they're just being overly cautious.

Leetie - Yay! Go away af :)

We told DH's parents and brother the news and there was much jumping up and down and hugs.<3 Truly do love my in laws. Baby's edd is Dec 15th so hopefully baby wont be *too* late and come right at Christmas.:haha:

Thanks again ladies!
Xan- I've noticed constipation and bloating too. Hopefully the meds will help that. Not sure how long it takes to get in your system. Today is day 3. I have to get in the habit of taking it as soon as I wake up because they told me no food for an hour and I can't take the prenatals until 4 hours later. Totally craziness. Is that how you have to take it too? My parents weren't told those restrictions.
Dragonfly- that's so awesome! Makes me sad because I know that won't happen for me. DF being Nigerian and me being white they won't accept me but it's something I've gotten over, it used to REALLY bother me.

AFM- I'm on cd14. So hopefully within the next week I will O. I'm remembering my gyn giving me a "warning" since I'm so short and DF is tall that I will more than likely have a big baby lol. Just hit me as funny. If people only knew the things that stumble around in my head lmbo.

TTC - I'm sorry they haven't accepted you, I hope that someday they will but I'm glad you're able to put it behind you and know that just you and DF matter.

Thanks! It makes it a lot easier now that his sisters accept me and they are very nice to me so that does help me. One of his sisters dates a white man now too.

Sorry TTC, that must be difficult. I'm sure that in time they will come to see you as your DF does! My DH father passed away 16 years ago and his mother is MIA so I have no in-laws. All you can do is keep your heart open and some day they will reciprocate.

How is everyone doing today? How are your symptoms dragonfly?

AFM 11 dpo, expecting to start spotting tomorrow. I feel anxious and kind of like I am coming down with a UTI... which would be just awesome. Have the mildest of breast tenderness that started yesterday but I'm not looking in to any symptoms.

TTC, I'm sorry about your in laws, but it's wonderful that your sister in laws are coming around. Hopefully they bring in laws around as well.

Dragonfly, December 15 will be a little sagittarius ! Don't know how much stock you put into horoscopes, but DH and my mother in law are both Sagittariuses, and they are wonderful. Level headed, generous if a bit proud. I figure there are so many things we don't understand and sometimes horoscopes seem to fit.

Labgal, fx!

AFM- just got back from a weekend trip to Philadelphia, had a great time. Nice to get away from everything.

As for why they want me to hold off on TTC, they want to make sure I don't have a heart problem that could make being pregnant dangerous. Plus I have to get a bunch of tests that might be dangerous for a developing a fetus.

But, I am 3dpo now, so...

My boobs seem a little bigger today, which got me giddy:blush: I did pretty well ms wise until I was in the store - no shopping done today, DH will have to do it.

TTC - I'm happy to hear that his sisters accept you:thumbup: In time I'm sure his parents will as well.

Labgal - Fingers are crossed as well as my toes! I hope you don't get a uti, those are so uncomfortable :(

Xan - I used to read horoscopes like crazy, then fell out of them I guess:shrug: That sounds like my husband, although he's a Taurus, but if they're like daddy I'd be so tickled :)

Yikes that is scary about the possibility of heart problems, I'll be keeping you in prayers that it's not the case. I'm praying the best for you Xan!

Ttc - I'm sorry about your in laws I hope they come around soon, but if they don't its their loss especially when you have a baby.

Lab - Fingers super crossed!

Xan - I am praying that you don't have anything wrong and you get a bfp soon.

Dragonfly - sorry ms has hit you I hope it doesn't last long.

AFM - AF is gone woohoo!

Woohoo for af being gone Leetie! Let the fun being :winkwink:

I had a scary moment today. At work I had a horrible headache when I got home it got worse to the point I could see a vein in my forehead twitching, then my heart started pounding all out of wack :( I took some tylenol and laid down and my headache is doing quite a bit better and my heart rates calmed down but my goodness it was scary:nope: Any of you ladies have that happen before?

Xan, I really hope that there's nothing wrong; it's always good to rule things out but so stressful going through all that. :hugs:

Dragonfly - I get migraines so I can sympathize with the horrible headache. A really bad one I can even feel my teeth throbbing; usually makes me feel sick. It's crazy the havoc they can wreck on the body! I hope you are feeling better!

Dragonfly, I used to get migraines. The first week of my new job just out of college, when I was trying to be as grown-up as possible, I had to go to the nurse because I wanted to find a place to lie down in the dark. When she said I should go home, I started crying because I couldn't imagine taking public transport home! Finally, she called someone to drive me home and I felt like such a failure at being a grown-up. Fortunately they are much rarer for me now, though I get them about once a year and they are not as strong.

AFM- A bit of good news on the non-ttc front. They did an ultrasound of my kidneys and they are fine. I am slowly ruling out problems in each of my body parts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->