Felt like giving up, Got new hope!!

Lab, dragonfly- glad to hear that ms is tapering down. My friend who's now into her 2nd trimester said that they call it pregnancymoon at her doctor's office. Over the ms but easier than 3rd trimester :)

TTC- sounds like you got some well timed bd'ing this month. Fx'ed.

Leetie, we can O watch together!

AFM- my O has been earlier since starting thyroid meds. I think the longest cycle I had recently was 32 days, but last cycle it was only 25 and on average it is 28 days. It's one of the things I want to discuss with the doctor during my appointment on the 2nd.

Xan - I like the sound of that lol. Now if MS would be gone completely, then I'd be over the moon:haha:

That's excellent your cycles have gotten shorter since taking care of your thyroid, although having them get so short below 28 days sounds stressful.

I think I cursed myself because immediately after I said I thought the MS was getting better it came back with a debilitating vengence I've had all yesterday and today. I'm not going to vex the powers that be again!

Dragonfly - no bump yet, I don't think. Just bloating that sometimes looks like a bump :( lol

Leetie - that's cute that your birthdays are so close! I have a gf that has the same birthday as I do, but we've never had a joint party. I always thought it would be fun.

Hope everyone is well :)

Thanks ladies!!
Xan- That's great that thyroid meds shortened your cycles hopefully u get all that straightened out. My cycles were all over the place so I'm not sure what role my thyroid meds are playing yet. Hopefully they are shortening my cycles too. Long cycles drag out forever lol.
Lab- sorry MS came back for ya :( DF's bday is August 29th. So y'all are right there together.
Dragonfly- sorry MS is still getting you too. Hopefully it eases up soon.
Leetie- that's so awesome that u and your sister have back to back bdays!!

AFM- I'm still working out everyday. Today I had to put in extra time because I ate pizza bread ahhhh but it was so good lol. I'm 3dpo. Time Is Crawling ugh. Tomorrow I meet my nutritionist yay!!!!

I hope your appointment went well, TTC! Let us know how it was! And a gal's got to be allowed to eat some yummy things!

Labgal - I know exactly what you mean! I don't dare say you know what because it always comes back full force the next day:haha: I hope you're feeling better soon. Haha, the bump will surprise you. I kept thinking mine was bloat but one morning I woke up and realized it wasn't any smaller.

TCC- I hope your appointment went well. And I agree with Lab, a girl's gotta have tasty things now and then. Man I love pizza :)

Dragonfly - thanks for the recipe!

Ttc - that's awesome you got to meet with a nutritionalist, I should look into one. My biggest problem with food is finding something that's quick, healthy, and filling.

Xan - I hope your cycles get straightened out. There is never a happy middle, either they are too long or too short.

Lab - oh no I hope your feeling better.

AFM - nothing much to report. This month feels like its flying by. I have a doctors appointment Monday. I'm nervous, I have never been to an adult doctor. The last doctor was a pediatrician for a sore throat. So I haven't had a physical in probably 7 years. And I have never had blood work done so I know they will probably want that. How much should I get into about ttc with the regular doctor?

Leetie - I always feel quick and healthy never go hand in hand :( Although I've been loving smoothies and parfaits for breakfast, from there's it's a landslide on what I eat at the moment:haha:

You're doctors appointment will go just fine Monday:hugs: For me I went into everything about ttc, but I've had the same doctor for years so I'm not sure about a new one. I don't see any harm in bringing it up though.

Lab, Dragon - I agree!! Sometimes we have to indulge a little. I always want it more and more so I just go ahead and take a cheat meal from time to time so I don't crave it so much!
Leetie- That's great that time is flying by for you because it has slowed down for me lol. I'm sure the Dr appt Monday will go great. I was nervous too but I hadn't had a physical in 20 years OOPS!

AFM- I hurt my foot so no working out. Tomorrow DF wants to take me to the dr to get it looked out. I'm 4dpo today. I figured I would share some info the nutritionist told me yesterday. If you don't agree that's fine just thought I would share the info. It caused a big stir on FB but everyone has their own opinions. She's been a nutritionist for over 30 years so I'm inclined to believe her lol.
-Its OK to have fried chicken but make sure you use skinless breasts and use canola oil for frying.
-Coconut oil is BAD! It's 91% saturated fat. When oil is used always use canola or olive oil. Use canola oil for high heat cooking.
-The flavor packets for water are NOT bad for us (sugar free brands like crystal light and Hawaiian punch) They do contain aspartame but she said the studies show that aspartame doesn't cause cancer and it's ok to drink it.
-Canned veggies are bad because they are so high in sodium (which causes water retention)
-For sweets choose angel food cake, graham crackers, gingersnaps, or vanilla wafers.
-For cholesterol issues when looking at food labels, u wanna look at saturated fats and cholesterol. They should be under 5% of DV (daily value)
-Sodium intake should be less than 1500mg a day, 1000mg is better.
-When you eat a carb (rice, pasta, bread) make sure you eat a protein with it, (chicken, lean meat, fish, dried beans, eggs)
-YES you can eat the yolk in eggs because the egg white keeps the yolk from causing high cholesterol.
-Cut out already made deli desserts it's better to make at home using canola oil. That's all I remember. Hope it helps some of you ladies that are fighting the bulge like I am.

Dragonfly - I think I will tell him I am ttc but since I have a gyno appt. In about 2 weeks I probably won't go to far into it unless he asks.

Ttc - thanks for the info. That's interesting about the coconut oil, I don't use it but I've heard others
say how great it is.

Me too Leetie! So many fitness people on FB have said to use coconut oil and when I found out it was 91% saturated fat I was shocked!!

TTC - thanks for all the tips! It's pretty much in line with what I've heard/read except the coconut oil! I had no idea about that!

Leetie - I haven't been to a PCP in at least 5 years, so I know how you feel. I never end up going because they always leave the practice the year I go, so there's no consistancy. You'll do great! Try to not worry about it (easier said than done) - usually there's nothing too crazy they do at those kind of routine checkups, but I know it can still cause nerves. Keep us updated!

Interesting side effect... my wedding rings are turning my skin black where they sit. I saw it last night and was like, omg! My skin has never been black like that around my ring before! DH was like.. wtf, that's not a cheap ring! I swear (lol). Looked it up and it is a pregnancy side effect due to PH in skin changing.

My diet, when I do eat, is horrid. I blame DH because he's a fried bunny and sugar bear. Whenever he sees me eating food like that now he rubs my tummy and says "that's my baby!" ...still trying to eat some things that are good for me though! At least I can eat salads again, now.

How are you doing, dragonfly? Xan?

Hi, ladies!

Leetie, I'm sure your appointment will go fine, but I know what you mean. Going to the dentist is my scariest moment. But then it's always better when it's all done :)

Lab, that's weird about your wedding rings. A friend of mine who doesn't drink started craving beer in the first trimester. Her husband, a dutch man who loves a pint, got an earful about that!

AFM- Things good, and quiet here. CD9 and no ewcm or signs of impending O yet. DH and I have, um, been enjoying each other's company quite a bit this month. Hope we don't run out of steam too early.

In other news, we're getting a puppy! I would love to get a shelter dog, but we really need a dog we can train to be good around the birds. It's trying even for humans. The puppy has already been born and can be picked up around the 24th of July. I'm so excited!!!

Lab-That's so strange about the rings! I never knew that. Just goes to show our bodies do crazy things because of pregnancy.

Xan- I totally LOL when I read about the beer and blaming her DH lol. Hope O is right around the corner for ya!

AFM- nothing at all. 6dpo just trucking along. Praying everyday that this is my month!!

Haha Lab I couldn't help but laugh at DH's comment! Mine is the total opposite, he gets crabby if I eat too many bad foods. So when he's at work I eat my pizza and ramen noodles:haha: I'm so rebellious.

Xan - Glad you and DH are enjoy times together, I hope O shows up soon too! Eek a puppy! How exciting!! You must post pictures so we may melt over the adorable.

TTC - Tomorrow you're halfway there! Fingers are crossed :)

afm: I think I'm fighting off a cold or something. Yesterday I had the worst sore throat all day, today my throats just scratchy accompanied by headaches and just a general ill feeling that isn't the same as MS. Moving dates been moved because the apartment isn't ready yet, I'm bummed but at the same time glad we wont be moving when I feel crummy. I told DH today's a lazy day, I'm going to lay around with movies, books and tea.

That's so funny, rebellious with pizza n Ramen noodles Dragon lol. Hope you get to feeling better!

Time has totally slowed down feels like I've been 6 dpo forever lol.

Aww yay for puppy, Xan ! You'll have to post pics of the cutie!

I hope you're feeling better, dragonfly! Colds are awful. Books movies and tea are wonderful though!

TTC - always felt that way during the tww! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

AFM had a nice visit with dad today :) just trying to fight the nausea, dh encouraging me to eat as I've lost 5lbs since getting pregnant. Going to try to drink more yogurt shakes and things BC I can handle drinking better than eating.

TTC - Time always seems to move slow while we're waiting :)

Feeling mostly better today, I think a down day is what I needed.

Lab - Glad you had a nice visit :) Have you tried smoothies?

Thanks everyone for you well wishes about the doctor, it was just like you all said not bad at all. I didn't even have to put on a paper gown lol. He just did a regular physical and seen on the papers I filled out that I was taking vitex and prenatals and asked if we were trying. I said yes for a while now and he ordered blood work to have my thyroid and sugars checked. I got the blood work done right after because I accidentally fasted so it worked out. Now only a little over 2 weeks until my gyno appointment yay.

Ttc - I hope the second half of your tww goes by faster than the first half and I'm praying this is your cycle.

Lab - that's so weird about your finger. I've never heard of that being a symptom. Is there anything you can do for it? I'm glad you can eat salads again, I hope you find something you can drink to get some good food in you. Do you normally have a sweet tooth?

Xan - yay a puppy! What breed is it? That's great you and dh have been spending quality time together.

Dragonfly - that's funny you sneak junk food lol. I hope your feeling better and at least the move being pushed back gave you more time to pack.

Leetie - Glad the appointment went well! Awesome that he ordered to do some blood work already too:thumbup: Looking forward to your gyno appointment next.

I have to be honest and say it's probably a good thing we didn't move yesterday, although I was feeling better I think if we had been out and about I probably would be feeling super crummy today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->