FET Jan/Feb 2015 - Join me!

so I to go to the doctor today to do a progesterone blood test. I have been injecting 1ML of 50 mg progesterone daily. Last night I was told to stop the injections and come in for a blood test today to see if I am making enough of the hormone myself to stop. Blood test reported I am not making it myself at least like I should. Im 11.4 and they want me at 15 or above to stop. I was told to keep taking progesterone for another week until and come back in for another blood test on Weds. (stoping meds again on Tuesday for the test). Im worried. Can low progesterone levels lead to miscarriage? The nurses would not confirm or deny it either way only stated that progesterone supports the placenta. Now Im left thinking, why risk it and have me stop a dose to just check. Keep me on it until 12 weeks and then see if I am making it myself. I confused, mad I missed a dose for that test, and scared.

Booger - Hope they get results soon!

adr - I think it is good they test to make sure you make it first before stopping. My place just has you stop at 9 weeks and no test. Makes me very nervous! I don't know about what low progesterone leads to so can't help with that. But :hugs: as this process even when you finally get BFP is never easy!

adr - I'm not sure about the miscarriage but I wouldn't worry about missing one dose. I'm sure you'll be fine. I don't think they would have you do it if it were a big concern. Hang in there!

My beta came in at 129. My nurse seems pleased so I am too. :happydance: We'll see what Friday brings.

Thanks, dilia! She actually called me this morning but I didn't get to post before now - sorry!

Booger - Excellent news!

ADR - I think I would push for them to keep you on progesterone until 12 weeks. No harm done....It would make me nervous to go off of it too. But see what the next says.

Dilia - Thinking of you today - everything crossed for a good beta!

Hopeful - how are you doing?

Lazy - how are you feeling??

Ladies I am pumped! My surgery got moved up to next Wednesday!!

Dilia - thinking of you! I hope all goes well today.

Red brick - Hooray!!! That's great news.

Redbrick - that is awesome news!! yay!!

Had beta drawn. The nurse could not get the blood to come out! She kept moving the needle around and then finally came up and got another nurse who stabbed! Ouch! Now, just the long wait for the call! They have been calling around 1pm so about 4 hours to go...

Sorry had events all day yesterday and couldn't update! Beta came back at 783 which wasn't quite doubling, but they said was still good. Ultrasound is scheduled for March 16th!! Now just have to wait 10 days!!!!!

I been told to keep on the progesterone until 12 weeks then I have a reduction timetable for that and all my drugs.
I'm doing well:)

Woo-hoo, dilia!! :dance:

I think I was just instructed that I'll be on progesterone until 12 weeks, too. But I can't quite remember now. :Oops:

My second beta came in at 419!! :wohoo: I have another beta and my first US to confirm a gestational sac next Friday. Then I have an US each Friday until April 3. Not sure why my clinic does so many. :shrug:

booger - that is awesome!! :happydance: and nice you get so many peaks your LO! :)

Congrats dilia and booger! What great news for you both!

booger I am kind of jealous of all your scans, etc!

I had my beta done at 10dp5dt (189) then went on vacation and will repeat the beta tomorrow at 19dp5dt, which is basically to confirm climbing ok. I think that it should be around 3000+. If that is the case then I will have my first ultrasound the following week, probably March 17 or 18. I actually want it as late as possible so that I am as close to 7w as I could be.

Hope you had fun on vacation! Good luck with beta tomorrow!

Thanks dilia! Vacation was incredible!

My beta today (19dpdt) was 10,600! Super happy as a "normal" doubling time would have me at just over 3,000. Clinic thrilled too. My progesterone is lowish so now I am doubling up on my PIO shots to 2cc/day. Not thrilled but will suck it up!

Will find out tomorrow when my u/s is. :)

3Chords - Hooray for your awesome number!!! A vacation right now sounds lovely - especially to Jamaica!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->