First IUI - Looking for IUI Buddies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Natalie, also for IUI you have to go through CM from an early start. I was like you too - tired of trying on our own & loosing. Give IUI a try...I feel like you're a good candidate, just gotta get that bean to stick.
You travel a lot for work? Whistler would be so nice :)

I have about 4-5 trips a year, right now it's just back to back. After Whistler I'm home until August which will be nice. I think we are going to try IUI and not worry about naturally trying this cycle. I have a birthday party in Toronto with my girlfriends on May 23 so I think with whistler and that, I'll hold off so I can have some cocktails. How are you feeling? Any symptoms yet? Mine kicked in at the 6 week mark I remember it vividly!

Ok so change of plans. I'm going in for cm tomorrow morning, cycle day 11. We are either going to have the IUI done next weekend when I am due to ovulate or we are going to try on our own with cycle monitoring. I met with my doctor this morning and she said there are no guarantees with any course of treatment or with trying naturally so, we figure, what have we got to lose? If it doesn't work this cycle will do a medicated one next time. Thoughts?

I finally heard the babies heart beat this morning. Iam so much more excited for my ultrasound tmrw!!!

Manda what a milestone, you must be so happy! Good luck at your ultrasound!!

Great news Manda! I think I'll feel better myself once I see an U/S and even more so when we see a H/B.

Natalie, there's definitely no guarantees with anything but I'd be like you & want to do IUI instead of trying naturally. It does increase your odds. Fingers crossed!

Cycle day 11 I have a 13mm follicle on my right ovary. Was hoping it was the left side as the right is where the ectopic was. They have told me not to panic about that. Back on wed for cm and then looks like fri or sat for IUI. If the natural cycle fails will do medicated the next one. I feel like this is happening so fast and I have no time to think or prepare or anything.

So if it happens on the ovary that you had ectopic, what are your odds? Is it still worth doing IUI?
Medicated is a good way to go. You can try it & see what happens.

Because I have appeared to only be ovulating from my right ovary, they suspect this could be the norm for me. If I did the medication, I could still ovulate from the right side, no guarantees either way. My risk factor is higher because I had the ectopic in the right tube, if I ovulate from the right ovary and we conceive, it could get stuck in any scar tissue from the site of the ectopic. They have told me becuase my sono was normal and my tubes are open, all I can do is hope that it doesn't happen again, with or without medication. I have an 8-10% increased risk of having another, still have a 90% that I won't. Words from my doctor. I am really trying hard to hang onto positivity if we do conceive this round, the egg will make it's way to my uterus. They mentioned giving me ovidrel, did you have any side effects from that?

oh thats brilliant! those odds aren't so bad. I hope it works for you!

Ovidrel...you may experience cramps the day of the shot but other than that, i didn't have any symptoms.

Thanks Barbi, I am hoping so too! My girlfriend that's coming to Whistler with me wanted me to wait until we got back as I won't be having a drop of alcohol lol. Oh well, will all be worth it!! So no pregnancy symptoms with Ovidrel? I am guessing its a low dose of HCG?

How are you feeling???

Ovidrel is a high dose of 10,000 but I didnt have any reactions. I did maybe feel bit of boob soreness? I forget now...lol I've been on Progesterone since December & that gives me sore boobs too.
You should react just fine!

I feel good....I'm more tired & irritable. But that's all. I feel like I have PMS w/these mood swings LOL

I'm grouchy! I just spoke to another lady on a different thread and she said it seems so early after you had the medication to be trying again. So it occurred to me that the nurses and everyone said it has to be 3 months before trying after methotrexate. My re told me two periods, repeat sono and then try again. I was lucky in the fact that I got my period right away after my betas dropped to negative and when I called to talk to the nurse, she said I could consider that my first period. So I did, just had my other period, had my tubes tested and the doctor who did my sono on Friday said I was all clear to try again. I just called today to make sure it was all safe as I am under the 3 month mark and the nurse spoke to the doctor on duty and she said she would rather I wait one more period as it's too early. I made an appointment for May 22 to speak with my primary RE about our plans for next cycle. I'm so grumpy!! I know in the grand scheme of things it's just another few weeks but i hate being told conflicting things. Sorry for the vent but I was so geared up to go for it this week.

My RE said three months when I had my Chemical...if I were to need it.
IF you go online, I believe medical journals say 3 months too.
You can make your own informed decision but I'd go based on what medical journals say about the studies.

You've got every right to be upset. IT's hard when you have your mind & heart set. I'm so sorry for the confusion.

Add mild nausea & acid reflux to today's symptoms LOL

I will still be a week under the 3 month mark when I would ovulate in June, that would put me end of June early July for the next cycle. I agree on waiting for the next cycle but I don't know, do you think a week will make a difference in June? I will just have to talk to the doctor when I meet with her on the 22nd if she feels it's ok to move forward next cycle. I know I need to be safe for not only myself but for a healthy pregnancy, I just hate this waiting and the miscommunication. If I didn't call and question I probably would have gone ahead this cycle.

I wanted to update the girls on here that I don't chat to elsewhere .....as others will have seen this msg from me already.

I tested today at 6dp5dt. It's a relief and scary and I'm shocked to see a 2nd line.

Congrats hun

thanks peanut! And congrats on your little boy!

Natalie, I would think 1 week would be negligent...I think the doctor will say its OK. I think it would have depended on when that 1 week difference was in your cycle. But see what your RE says. I'm sorry you got the run around - fertility & treatments are so delicate....they need to be aware of that.

Breaking that's great news!!!! Crossing my fingers for you.

Peanut what a beautiful boy! Lol we have the same blankets swiped from the hospital :)

AFM had to induce last week due to OC. Had me in there on monitors for two days straight while they started the cervical ripening... Pitocin was rough. Delivered last Wednesday morning at 37 w 2d Ethan weighed 6lbs 6oz and we are both doing well.

Barbi I keep up with your blog... Good luck this weekend at US. I know it must be an anxious tine for you and husband. And happy Mother's Day - as bittersweet as it is you deserve to celebrate it.

wow QWERTY! Congrats. You know it seems like not long ago that you just got your bfp! Ethan's a great name too :) What is OC?

Thank you :) Yes Mother's Day is a mixed baggage for me.
I hope everything is just well with little bean. I looked online & we wont be able to see much this u/s....just if there's a yolk & a bean. I'm hoping everything's perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"