General Christmas chat thread!

Yes they are still open as they sell food and hygiene products so they're classed as am essential store.

Good to know some of the Christmassay shops are still open. I do like getting stocking bits from PL, Wilko and HB!

Just seen a huge elf cracker on the Aldi website. Hope we can get one as the girls would love the elves bringing them that one morning :)

Yes HB is staying open as are B&M, The Range, Wilkos! HB have no restrictions on sales either. There's plans for extended opening hours (8:30am-9pm Mon-Fri) from 16th November too.

I just suddenly thought, how weird is it not having a calender full of dates for school events through November and December? No costumes to acquire in time for plays, or donations to make for the Christmas fayre. I usually complain about how the schools want SO much at this time of year, and while I dont miss having to fork out for something every single week, I do feel strange with my calender wide open like this.

Only 3 gifts left to get my son and then advent calendars and that’s the kids done..whoop! Still got to get secret Santa gift which il get next x

I just suddenly thought, how weird is it not having a calender full of dates for school events through November and December? No costumes to acquire in time for plays, or donations to make for the Christmas fayre. I usually complain about how the schools want SO much at this time of year, and while I dont miss having to fork out for something every single week, I do feel strange with my calender wide open like this.

I was thinking this today . I feel like DD2 has missed out on so much that DD1 did in school graduation , school playa . I hope they do somehow manage to do a Nativity even if they record it for parents to watch online !

I was thinking thr same thing the other day! Our school has recently sent home smarties tubes for a coin collection, I was thinking of putting in the money I'd usually spend on Christmas show tickets and at the various fares, I know their funds are really low right now.

Yes it’s very strange.
I work in a school and they are having a virtual Christmas fair

I’m so sad there will be no Christmas shows. Every year group at my kids school does them and this would have been oldests last one as he goes to comp next year and I’m so gutted about it!
we have virtual parents evening next week and they are doing something for children in need but there will be no Christmas trip, no carols around the tree, no fair. It’s so sad. Will save me money though no doubt

I’m gutted the school usually does a grotto with a picture . Might be DD1s last year where she believes ! Although I’m gonna twist her arm so she gets next year too haha . She still fully believes now .

I hope they will be able to open up grottos for kids at school . There’s gonna be so many that won’t get to see Santa otherwise . Have him up on the stage or in the school yard on his sleigh ! Surely something can be done for the kiddies !

It's so sad. Our school won't be doing a Christmas performance this year. No doubt there will be no Christmas party, school disco, santa visit etc. So sad to think of the traditional things they're missing out on :(

It's so sad. Our school won't be doing a Christmas performance this year. No doubt there will be no Christmas party, school disco, santa visit etc. So sad to think of the traditional things they're missing out on :(

it’s awful isn’t it!
I’m hoping they might still do some version of a Christmas party in their classroom bubbles, my kids are having lunch in the school hall now so Christmas dinner may happen.
hopefully Christmas jumper day may still go ahead too as they did dress up for Halloween.

My daughter is in p1 (Scotland) and her school are recording each class doing part of a nativity show and then sending them to parents. It’s a shame she won’t be in a proper nativity for her first year of school. She did two at nursery, year one she was glued to her teacher crying, year two she managed her lines but was very shy, she’s like a different girl now so I was really excited however this is better as I don’t get time off to see her!

I am on our schools PTA and we are trying to come up with some ideas but it's hard as only so much we can do.

We still hope to do a trolley raffle (donated items quarantined for 48 hours) and maybe a Christmas order form (hot chocolate cones, reindeer food etc - again quarantined before they go home).
We've booked a virtual panto for the kids and hopefully a video message from Santa so they don't miss out.

They are good ideas. Hopefully the schools can find ways to still make it fun for the kids :)

It would be ds4s last Christmas play this year. I think they said they will be taking them outside in sma groups within their bubbles to sing but I've not heard about anything else so far.

Only 3 gifts left to get my son and then advent calendars and that’s the kids done..whoop! Still got to get secret Santa gift which il get next x
Well done! I've just got to get wallet top ups for their online accounts for the big 4, and then a few gifts for the big 2 and I'm done for everything bar food for those 3 main days over Christmas

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->