• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General Christmas chat thread!

Is anyone taking their kids out of school early?
It's been common topic on our parent group. I'm going to keep sending mine in for now (they are already driving me crazy) but can understand taking them out now if you're meeting family.
Our school have said they won't fine you.
I’m not, I can’t because I have to work next week and also I wouldn’t because they have Christmassy events next week that they would be gutted to miss.
Some children in youngest year have had to isolate I panicked when I got the email but thankfully youngest has not been with that member of staff just a handful of kids from his year group and the full of another year group. Sad for them though as they are going to miss out on party etc.

It's been common topic on our parent group. I'm going to keep sending mine in for now (they are already driving me crazy) but can understand taking them out now if you're meeting family.
Mine will be staying in school until the last day ! Most of the mums I know are doing the same. Can understand though if you want to see family.

We will see family but socially distance from them. We have our own little set up which works for us.

My niece has been isolating since start of last week and is due back to school on Friday, so I wont be keeping her off. She's early teens and gets so much from the social aspect of school so I want her to make the most of that part before the Christmas break as she won't see any of her friends during it. Ds is indifferent, he's p6, think that's year 5? Although he isn't bothered about the social side he's quite academic and would happily only take part in that side of school, but I feel that all the other things that go on at this time are incredibly important and I'd hate him to miss out on them, so I will probably keep him in till the end - might let him finish a day early as the last day is my birthday so we could have the day together.

My niece has been isolating since start of last week and is due back to school on Friday, so I wont be keeping her off. She's early teens and gets so much from the social aspect of school so I want her to make the most of that part before the Christmas break as she won't see any of her friends during it. Ds is indifferent, he's p6, think that's year 5? Although he isn't bothered about the social side he's quite academic and would happily only take part in that side of school, but I feel that all the other things that go on at this time are incredibly important and I'd hate him to miss out on them, so I will probably keep him in till the end - might let him finish a day early as the last day is my birthday so we could have the day together.
Aww sounds lovely spending the day together !

Mine love school and like you feel the social aspect is important too . If I kept them off we would all be up the wall and they would just get annoyed moreso DD1 with not being in school .

Everyone will do what they think is best for their family.

I think I will keep mine in school as they have fun things planned for the last week in school and the school have tried their hardest to make things as festive as possible given the limitations they have with the virus. They will have Christmas parties in their bubbles next week which they're looking forward to. If anything changes I won't have any issue with taking them out of school but for now I'm happy for them to go in.

I'm in 2 minds. Ds4 school has said that although they can't close and remove to remote learning, they won't be fining anyone who makes the decision to take them out early and there will be activities online.
Dh said the class is already half empty when he picks him up and is worried he'll get there Monday and be the only one. And they won't even doing any "proper work" so won't be missing anything.
But at the same time its a "fun week" so would be a shame to miss it and when they are all hyper with excitement before Christmas there won't be much peace :haha: plus in my case I still have ds1&2 at school as their school isn't offering, and while I could take them out as well I dont want to be fined, especially when we have no plans to see anyone we would need to isolate to protect over Christmas.

We got an email today saying whilst they can't condone it they understand people taking them out early and there will be no penalty fine.
I'm sending mine in, so many nice things planned. Plus it seems they'll have a quiet week too x

I'm leaving towards sending him in but then dh will say something and I'll think maybe I should keep him home then?

So I ordered a second one of the parcel that didn't arrive. It has dispatched and the tracking on the first one has changed to "now on the road" so I'm panicking I'll end up with two.

Mine will be still going to school they love being at school and the next week is such a fun week for them with all the school activities planned :cloud9:
Also I am dreading the 3 days the following week when they are home and I am trying to work as they will be hyper and climbing the walls :wacko: :dohh:

Mine are going to school, we're not seeing anybody over Christmas. DD2 has teachers training on Friday so her last day will be Thursday. As DD1 had teachers training last week, she'll definitely be going to make it 'fair'.

On the plus side OH found DD1's chair in stock. £40 more than I anticipated paying from the official company but at least it isn't an extra £100+ that many were asking :happydance:

Mine are staying in school too unless the schools close or we have an isolation notice x

So I ordered a second one of the parcel that didn't arrive. It has dispatched and the tracking on the first one has changed to "now on the road" so I'm panicking I'll end up with two.
Typical. If it arrives first I'd keep hold of it and when the second one arrives return the first.

So typical!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"