• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General Christmas chat thread!

Mine are going to school, we're not seeing anybody over Christmas. DD2 has teachers training on Friday so her last day will be Thursday. As DD1 had teachers training last week, she'll definitely be going to make it 'fair'.

On the plus side OH found DD1's chair in stock. £40 more than I anticipated paying from the official company but at least it isn't an extra £100+ that many were asking :happydance:

Fab he found the chair. Hopefully it arrives sharpish xx

Well.... I checked again (because when something is put for delivery I check it several times until it arrives :haha: ) and its changed back to what it was yesterday. So we shall just see if it turns up.

Well.... I checked again (because when something is put for delivery I check it several times until it arrives :haha: ) and its changed back to what it was yesterday. So we shall just see if it turns up.
:xmas18::xmas11:

It's probably easier for me at this point if it doesn't turn up so I don't have to return anything, but not knowing whats going on with it and whether it'll suddenly arrive is annoying

So the second one has arrived, and the first one has once again changed to "now on the road" :roll:

So the second one has arrived, and the first one has once again changed to "now on the road" :roll:
So glad you've got at least one of them now. I think, if it were me, I'd be on to the first company and report that it has never arrived and give them the chance to cancel...

So glad you've got at least one of them now. I think, if it were me, I'd be on to the first company and report that it has never arrived and give them the chance to cancel...
When I checked what was going on on Wednesday the company replied saying they would chase it up and to let them know if it doesn't arrive by the end on the day on the 11th so I'm basically just waiting it out.
Annoyingly the delivery company doesn't have the normal tracking info such as where its been so far to be able to tell how close it is to actually being here, or even the same wording as other companies. So on the road could mean its just heading to another depot or anything really.

My nieces mum wants to buy it from me so that's saved me a lot of stress

I've text John to make sure it's OK, but I don't see how he could have a problem with it

Typical. Handy if you can get it passed on to someone else though x

My eldest has just come out of school and her shoes have holes in! Just had to order her another pair...typical she couldn't get to end of term!

Finished shopping! Secret Santa's (here and work) all bought for.

Just to buy food for my grandad's hamper now and little something for teachers.

My eldest has just come out of school and her shoes have holes in! Just had to order her another pair...typical she couldn't get to end of term!

Oh no! My DD gets through shoes really fast too!

How typical. She'll probably grow during the Christmas break as well haha

Would school not mind her being in other footwear for the remainder of the term?

Would school not mind her being in other footwear for the remainder of the term?

I did think that but they're quite strict. She needs them anyway so got some from Asda. They seem to last longer than the Clarks ones anyway. X

I’m so glad I’m all done.

Still need to order a few bits for the house but that can wait so not a massive rush x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->