• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General Christmas chat thread!

Any advice on where I can find light up shoes for Ds ? He’s always putting in his sisters rainbow light ups.I want to give him a pair for Christmas or his birthday if they don’t show up in time.

Any advice on where I can find light up shoes for Ds ? He’s always putting in his sisters rainbow light ups.I want to give him a pair for Christmas or his birthday if they don’t show up in time.
If you Google 'boys light up shoes' there are a few options, skechers do a few different options.

Just finished a work zoom meeting during which the boss mentioned if we should set a date to exchange our office Christmas gifts as we've a couple of 'in person' meetings next week! OMG, I'd not even thought about gifts for my colleagues. We used to do secret Santa and then we decided a couple of years ago to make gift donations to local charity collections instead, no one told me we were exchanging between ourselves this year!!!
Was in tkmax today and they had some lovely little books of inspirational quotes so I picked 1 of each up for the women I work with and then some nice hot water bottles, I'd be happy to receive them so I hope they'll go down well.:xmas12:

I posted earlier in the week about a vtech laptop my Nan wanted to get the girls. It's too babyish for DD1.
Any suggestions for something similar around £30 mark. She's 8 and has iPad/microphone/globe.

I posted earlier in the week about a vtech laptop my Nan wanted to get the girls. It's too babyish for DD1.
Any suggestions for something similar around £30 mark. She's 8 and has iPad/microphone/globe.
How about a digital microscope to plug in to the iPad or your phone? You get them from about £15 - £30, online, and I think I saw them at menkind last year. Ds and my friends daughter both got them when they were 8 and really enjoyed them.

Hi lovelies. I’ve been quiet as we have been having the boys rooms re plastered which took ages. Then painting took equally as long. Carpet was finally fitted on Friday and their new beds put up. I slept in my own bed instead of the sofa for the first time in 2 weeks last night.
Now I can start thinking about Christmas. Which I urgently need to do. I have quite a few gifts still to buy and don’t even have wrapping paper yet. I’ve never been this unorganised.

Ds2 has to isolate due to contact. Luckily he's 13 and sensible enough to be left for an hour while I get the shopping tomorrow

yay smartie that was quick delivery!

I am glad things are finally a bit more normal for you kirsty! FX you can get it all done without too much stress!

Hi lovelies. I’ve been quiet as we have been having the boys rooms re plastered which took ages. Then painting took equally as long. Carpet was finally fitted on Friday and their new beds put up. I slept in my own bed instead of the sofa for the first time in 2 weeks last night.
Now I can start thinking about Christmas. Which I urgently need to do. I have quite a few gifts still to buy and don’t even have wrapping paper yet. I’ve never been this unorganised.
Wow that’s great ! Glad your all sorted ! Enjoy having your bed back . As I type this I currently have DD2 and DS laying either side of me !

Ds2 has to isolate due to contact. Luckily he's 13 and sensible enough to be left for an hour while I get the shopping tomorrow
Oh no that’s unfortunate ! Glad you can still get things sorted !

Fab news on the chair.

I just have to post a few bits which il be doing this week and then I’m done x

My youngest now has to isolate as a child in her class has tested positive with no symptoms (so has his mum who does have symptoms)

Decided to keep both girls home now . She will be out of isolation by the 20th thankfully . I've managed to get a Tesco delivery on Friday so covered for food and hopefully can get out Monday/Tuesday for Christmas meat etc

Oh dear. At least it's not all of you and hopefully he doesn't get unwell x

Making these cute little ornaments with my step daughter for her teachers ,Friday is her last day before Christmas break and she wanted to give her teacher something homemade ,she’s so sweet :xmas4:
94B51683-1DA3-4081-BDAD-BF76AABF70AC.jpeg

Oh no C, thats exactly what you were worried about. Glad you'll be all done in time to get sorted though.
Yes, fingers crossed he doesn't get ill or it'll be all of us having to isolate then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->