Getting To Know You ...getting to know all about yoooooou

Hi all, I'm totally new to BnB although I have browsed occasionally in the past. Wanting to TTC but having to wait has led me here, thank goodness a community of others who know how I feel! (none of my friends do)

Name: Andrea (the 3rd one in the past few weeks I noticed haha)
Relationship status: Happily married for 2 years, together for 6

How long until TTC:
Hopefully he's still in agreement for February 2015
Reasons for WTT: Have been sorting out some health issues and officially got the okay to go ahead with TTC when ready just the other day. Partly giving him time to come to terms with it happening and selfishly I want to go away on one last hot winter trip where I can drink.
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: It would be nice to pay down our debt some more but with a plan to go on a trip we'll probably break even. I'd also like to at least start redoing our basement bathroom and have it finished before a baby arrives.
How many children would you like: 3-4 sounds ideal to me but I figure I'll see how having one goes first.

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference?
It would be nice to have at least one of each but since it's our first child either would be great! I also figure that you never know what gender the child will identify with anyways so just love whoever you're given!
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Definitely team yellow. I've always liked the idea of it being a surprise, especially since there are so few true surprises in life. I also think it may help as a motivator during labour and delivery, although I realize meeting your child is enough motivation. Lastly, yellow is one of my favourite colours so I'd likely use it for my nursery theme anyways.
Any names you like? I recently made a list of names I love but I have this fear of jinxing them by sharing, silly I know.. but my parents were heavily influenced when naming me and I want the decision to be just mine and my husband's, no outside influence unless we choose so later. Somehow I have way more girl names than boy names... maybe it's because I'm a girl? Who knows.

Enough rambling, I'm just too excited to start TTC.

Name: Emmie
Relationship status: Engaged for 10yrs

How long until TTC: 7+mths
Reasons for WTT: Already have 3 children. Seeing what happens and dont want small age gap.
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC:
How many children would you like: 3 or 4. Already have 3.

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? Would like another girl but dont mind.
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Find out
Any names you like? Lucy, Alex, Charlie, Helena

Name: Em
Relationship status: Married 3 years

How long until TTC: Jan 2015

Reasons for WTT: Our daughter Penny passed away when I was 38 weeks in Jan 2014. We were (and still are) absolutely devastated, and the high risk Dr. suggested we wait a year before TTC again. To grieve and heal physically and mentally. I did not pay attention and miscarried another baby in July 2014, and it almost destroyed me, even though my heart aches to be pregnant again.

Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: I hope to lose 15 more pounds (lost 12lbs so far).

How many children would you like: As many as God gives me.

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? I honestly don't know how I'd cope emotionally with another girl, thinking history will repeat itself, or worrying people think I'm trying to replace Penny. But I would love any baby I get the privilege of carrying.

Finding out the gender or team yellow? We would need to find out.

Any names you like? We've already picked them out but won't be saying anything.

I'm hoping to either lurk too much here or participate, to keep my mind off TTC for a while.

Name: Lousie and Clare (wives!)

Relationship status: Happily married!!

How long until TTC: Not much longer!Hopefully summer 2015

Reasons for WTT: Building a house - it takes an awful lot more money than you would think!

Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Build and move in to our dream home!
How many children would you like: At least 2!

Do you have a gender preference? Not at all :)

Finding out the gender or team yellow? I have no idea!! Part of me thinks the surprise would be awesome but Im so impatient!

Any names you like? Arianna and Jaymes :)

Name: Heike
Relationship status: My BF and i have been together for just over 3 years, living together for more than half of that now

How long until TTC: August 2015
Reasons for WTT: I will be done with my job training in early 2015, we want a little more time just the two of us, and it's both our birthdays in August so we thought it just fit.
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: I really want to get a lot fitter and healthier until then and eat clean most of the time.
How many children would you like: 2 or 3, SO is set on 2 though

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? I'd love to have at least one of each, and since it will be my first i'm happy either way.
Finding out the gender or team yellow? I am way too impatient, i would want to find out as soon as possible
Any names you like? I love Emma for a girl and Mika for a boy :) SO likes these names too

Name: Bethany/dirtywordplay
Relationship status: engaged (as of yesterday XD)

How long until TTC: January 2015!
Reasons for WTT: right now, because OH feels more comfortable with it, we wanted to get some health concerns taken care of, learn to budget a little better, and have me closer to finishing school.
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: I want to lose some weight, I gained about 30 lbs. when I quit smoking January of this year, and I would like to take some of that off.
How many children would you like: 3-4

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? I want two girls and one or two boys, but the order isn't so important to me.
Finding out the gender or team yellow? I will probably find out the gender, I am awful at waiting for surprises.
Any names you like? OH loves comic book names and video game names, he wants to name children Zelda and Link, but has been outvoted. I like names that are classics, but unique. We play an alphabet name game when we're in the car, we start with A and take turns each picking a name we like, and if we agree I write it down. So, if he starts and says "Austin" My turn would be "Benjamin" and then his would be "Cessily" and so on. It's fun, and we've come up with names that we probably wouldn't have otherwise (who knew he liked Annabelle?).

Hello all! I'm new here

Name: u can call me ariela :)
Relationship status: 4 years in relationship, living together 2,5 of those :hugs:

How long until TTC: 1-2 years
Reasons for WTT: I'm studying, and money situation has been quite unstable because of that. Also my OH has just warmed up to the idea of getting a baby, and I just want to see that his enthusiasm lasts and that our ideas of parenting are similar enough or can be compromised. :D
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Getting more stable situation with money, getting ahead with studies and just building this home to be even more safe and ready for that baby :D I'm currently learning to bake sweets, but don't tell anyone I'm doing it to be a mom that arranges awesome kids parties someday :shhh: :angelnot:
How many children would you like: We have agreed that 2, but I wouldn't mind if there was 3 of them either. :)

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? No, both would be equally wanted :)
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Haven't decided yet! Probably I'd want to know :)
Any names you like? Too many! I've had waste time and made a huge list of names and name combinations I like... :blush: For a girl we have chosen name already with my OH. Satisfying boys names seem to be harder to come up with.

Name: Kea
Relationship status: Happily Married
How long until TTC: 6 months
Reason for WTT: finding/moving into a bigger house, and getting into shape.
Anything you want to accomplish while WTT, before TTC? Yes, getting healthy and fit.
How many children would you like? 3-4

When pg..

Do you have a gender preference? Yes, a boy!
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Team yellow for me, but hubbs wants to know.
Any names you like? Yes, maybe too many to name! LOL

Name: Cynthia
Relationship status: Engaged

How long until TTC: Probably 2-3 years.
Reasons for WTT: Paying down some debt.
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Getting a newer car, not a need but it'd be nice.
How many children would you like: Just 2

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? Another girl.
Finding out the gender or team yellow? I wouldn't mind being team yellow, DF would want to find out.
Any names you like?
I have a little list for both genders.

Name: K
Relationship status: married for 4 years

How long until TTC: Feb. 1, 2015; 35 days!!! I've been waiting 2 years but the last 6 months have been really rough with my sister in law due in March and my other sister in law had a baby in August (both 1-2 years younger then me)
Reasons for WTT: financial, wanting to buy a house, would like a fall or Christmas 2015 baby
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: We have in plan to have a downpayment for a house saved by the time I would be 7 months pregnant if I got pregnant right away (I know not likely)
How many children would you like: DH would like 2-3 and I would prefer more like 4 so we'll see

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? Just a healthy baby
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Finding out; maybe team yellow for our second
Any names you like? Lillian Dawn for a girl or Eli Charles for a boy

Name: Kristine
Relationship status: Married

How long until TTC: 2017

Reasons for WTT: Waiting to pay off student loan debt. Will be 90% paid off by 2017. We also want to have a house first - we aren't purchasing a house till 2016.

Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Other than paying off the loans and waiting to purchase a house - nothing really. Maybe go on a couple of awesome vacations.

How many children would you like: We'd like one for sure - two perhaps.

Do you have a gender preference? We'd really like a girl
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Finding out
Any names you like? Boys: Archer/Rowan Girls: Everly/Lenore

Name: allyson
Relationship status: married since October 2014

How long until TTC: probably 8-9 months
Reasons for WTT: I need to get a full time job, we need to get a house & save money
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: yes! Get my body baby ready and healthy, at least have a new full time job & close to having a house
How many children would you like: three

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? I definitely want one of each but I want a boy first and I know my husband wants a boy as well
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Finding out, hands down
Any names you like? for a girl Brooklyn Harper possibly and for a boy Cade Landry

Name: Julia
Relationship status:Married

How long until TTC:Not sure
Reasons for WTT: Husband says he is not ready yet. :/
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Moving into our new house in March.
How many children would you like: 3
when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? I want a boy, DH wants a girl haha
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Finding out
Any names you like? Mason and Grace

Name: Cat

How long until TTC:6 months? Maybe? Hopefully!!
Reasons for WTT: Sister's wedding is October next year so don't want a due date too close for her sake, also need to save some money and do a bit more study :( Ideally we'd be in a better financial position as well but I also don't want to wait too long to start a family and neither does he
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Get a Certificate in Remedial Massage
How many children would you like: 2

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? No - but I don't know anything about boys so I think I'd prefer a girl first up
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Find out! First thing that I can, but DH wants to wait and have it be a surprise
Any names you like? Phoebe (hence the username), William, Cara and Freddie

Name: Katie

How long until TTC: Hopefully about 6 months

Reasons for WTT: Hubby was unemployed when we got married. Shortly after he got a job I was promoted at work but needed to do a 4 year degree which I'm finally about to finish!

Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Graduate and use my pay rise to get a bigger place, only have a 1 bed apartment. Also visiting family in Australia in May :)

How many children would you like: 2 or 3, probably just 2 I dont think time is really on my side anymore!

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? No but I think we will find girls names much easier to agree on!

Finding out the gender or team yellow? I'd like to be team yellow but I'm not sure I'd trust myself not to have a sneaky look on one of the ultrasound machines at work! If its twins I'd want to know so we only have to think of 2 names instead of 4!

Any names you like? ) have to go back to the drawing board as my bestie named her daughter with our no.1 choice yesterday (didn't tell her though, great minds think alike eh) I like unisex names for girls and surf type names for boys but hubs is uber traditional so I think there may be a few arguments!

Name: Emma

How long until TTC: 3 months

Reasons for WTT: I would like my DD to be a bit more independent before a new baby arrives. If I conceive in April she will be two years and 7 months. Also the dates would fit in well with my maternity leave as I'm a teacher.

Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Toilet training DD! Getting myself a bit fitter.

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? Don't mind but of course a boy would be nice as I have a little girl. Although I would also love to have two girls close in age.

Finding out the gender or team yellow? Last time I was team yellow but I might be tempted to find out this time

Any names you like? Hugo, Max, Oliver, Lucas, Oskar,
Ellinor, Lovisa, Julia

Name: Abi

How long until TTC: Possibly 2017 but we haven't decided on a date yet.
Reasons for WTT: We just had our 2nd lo so we want to wait until she is older and until I go to school or start working.
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: We would like to move from where we currently live and get a house, and I would like to finish nursing school and be working before we try again.
How many children would you like: 3 or 4

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? I would eventually like a boy so I hope if/when I do get pregnant again we will be team blue.
Finding out the gender or team yellow? I'm gonna stay team yellow this time. With our first we found out right away and with our second we had a gender reveal so I want it to be a complete surprise.
Any names you like? Boy: Ashton, Noah and Jonah Girl: Rebekah and Vivian

Name: Shae
Relationship status: engaged

How long until TTC: until married a few months, ?2022?
Reasons for WTT: education and finances
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: learn as much as I can about TTC and pregnancy beforehand
How many children would you like: at least 3

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? i want at least one of each
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Finding out the gender
Any names you like? Abigail, Madelyn, Grace, Zachary (Zach), idk I suck at boy names

Name: Andrea

How long until TTC: 3 months
Reasons for WTT: We're waiting until after we move into our new apartment in March.
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Lose a few pounds, getting into better shape.

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? Yes, a girl
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Definitely finding out beforehand.
Any names you like? London, Skye, Brooklyn. Haven't really thought about boy names.

I'm pretty sure I filled this out last time I was WTT with my son. But answers are different now so doing it again!

Name: Jill
Relationship status: Married for 5 years.

How long until TTC: 5 months
Reasons for WTT: Financially we're working on paying off a few things, and we need a family car before the baby comes, so June means baby would come after next tax return and work bonus, which will help with that car. I also currently don't have my cycle (still breastfeeding my 1 year old) and I'd love a spring/summer baby. Winter babies are rough!

Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: I'm working out every day. I want to be in top shape this time and muscular in hopes that pregnancy and labor will be easier on me. Working on strengthening my ab muscles currently!
Also want to accomplish our financial goals.
How many children would you like: We're hoping for 4-6. We currently have 2.

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? No. We have a boy and a girl right now. I really want a girl for me, but really want a boy for the sake of my son (DD and I are super girly!)
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Team yellow! It's the perfect time to get a surprise, since we already have one of each and no real preference.

Any names you like? We have already decided on names (we always do before getting pregnant). This next baby will either be Matilda Eleanor (Mattie Nora) or Vincent. We have been arguing for two years over Vincent's middle name and we still don't know it, so that'll be something to get more serious about during pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->