Getting To Know You ...getting to know all about yoooooou

Name: Stephanie
Relationship status: Engaged (wedding in May)

How long until TTC: Honeymoon in May! So...4 months!
Reasons for WTT: I have always wanted to be a mother. All of my siblings have babies and they all say I will make an excellent mother.
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Get married, save up for a house. Hope to buy house before birth.
How many children would you like: 3.

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? Nope, they are both wonderful.
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Team yellow all the way!!
Any names you like? Not solidly enough to say.

Name: Belle
Relationship status: dating a wonderful guy! We've been friends for years!

How long until TTC: Not sure. Waiting on him -_-*
Reasons for WTT: Moving, settling in....and OH want to wait until we're 80 years old...
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC:
How many children would you like: 1
when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? i'd like a girl,

Name: Sarah
Relationship status: Married (two years in may!)

How long until TTC: Feb 2017
Reasons for WTT: I am in the middle of nursing school...want to be almost done school before we try.
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: be almost done with nursing school and do some more traveling!
How many children would you like: at least two maybe three

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? No! just a healthy baby!
Finding out the gender or team yellow? finding out the gender...I am way too much of a control freak to be team yellow
Any names you like? Girl: Israel and a boy: Henrik or Illya

Name: Hana
Relationship status: Married (3 years in June, together for 7!)

How long until TTC: Depends... Beginning of 2017, late 2018 or 2020 (booo to the last option. :dohh: Lol)

Reasons for WTT: We are trying to decide between this year, 2018 when he is in his second year of Doctoral school, or 2020 after Doctoral school... Decisions, decisions...

Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Graduate with my Master's degree in May and complete student teaching in December!

How many children would you like: Three, maybe four!

When pg...

Do you have a gender preference? No! just a healthy baby!

Finding out the gender or team yellow? Definitely find out! I love planning and creating a themed nursery would be way too much fun to miss out on!

Any names you like? I love the names Noah, Aria, Naomi and Jonah... possibly with an Amy in there :)

Hi Sarah! I just wanted to reach out cause we're in a similar boat! I noticed that you wanted to finish nursing school before TTC, likewise I want to finish my MA and teaching certification before we have a baby, but sometime I wonder if I wouldn't want to have a year or two of teaching under my belt first... Then again I also think it would be nice to make that transition into career after starting my baby. What are your reasons for jumping into starting your family before your career? :)[/QUOTE]

Hi Hana!
So my whole dilemma is that having a career, especially one in medicine, there is no good time to start. As a woman in the US (where are you from?) our maternity leave is HORRIBLE. So i figure if i get my degree and work for a few months in a per diem position, i can have the baby, and then start to look for something more full time. There just really isnt an easy way to have children haha. Good for you for wanting to get your MA! What kind of teaching do you want to pursue? In your case... if you get your degree, work for a bit, you can try to plan it so that you give birth in the summer, that way you wouldnt be teaching anyways!
-Sarah

New around here - I hope this is an ok place to post this by way of introduction!

Name: Erika
Relationship status: Married (4.5 months, and together 10 years before that)

How long until TTC: Probably around 3 months, give or take.
Reasons for WTT: He's still nervous and feeling not-quite-ready, so we're building up to the point where we both feel comfortable with actively TTC. Beyond that, I'm traveling to Wyoming at the beginning of August for work, and the trip will involve things like hiking, ziplining, horseback riding, and sleeping outside in a tent. If I do end up being pregnant while on this trip, that's fine, though I'm sure it'd mean no ziplining, which would be a bummer. I think waiting a bit longer to TTC is probably a good idea, because I can only imagine that being more heavily pregnant would be more uncomfortable. I'm also tentatively planning a solo trip to East/Northeast Asia for July, and the same thing holds true there.
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: That Asia trip for sure, especially as one of the destinations is subject to a travel warning and as such it's the kind of trip I'd rather take before having kids. We're also planning to purchase a condo this summer (good-bye renting!), though I'd be fine with doing that while pregnant.
How many children would you like: 3-4

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference?
Not really, though I know he'd prefer a girl. I guess I'd prefer having my firstborn be a girl, too, actually.
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Oh, I'll definitely want to find out, but I'd rather not disclose it (publicly) once we know.
Any names you like? Our top agreed-upon choices are Ramona and Quentin.

Name: Laura
Relationship status: Married, first anniversary soon, many happinesses

How long until TTC: 6 months

Reasons for WTT: Time together. Time to establish routines. Time to setup my long-term career goal. I also need to be carefully off needed medication.

Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Really good self care routines, family support system. I want to have my little enterprise operational

How many children: 2 (and exchange students later)

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? one of each, but okay either other way
Any names you like? it's a secret

Name: Ali
Relationship status: Married

How long until TTC: Fall 2016
Reasons for WTT: It's kind of a lengthy story. But basically, my husband lost his job and we lost our benefits. He now has a new job and we will have benefits again soon, but he graduated college last December and is still job searching for a job in his field. Which means, there could be a time in the near future, where we'll be without benefits again. Also, we want to purchase a home. We moved in with my parents last Fall to save up some money and hope to buy this summer.
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Basically the same stuff I said above. Would like for the husband to be at a job he plans on sticking with, have good benefits, and buy a house.
How many children would you like: 2 if both boy and girl. If we get 2 of the same sex, we'll probably try for a 3rd!

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? Nope. I just really want one of each! :)
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Find out the gender
Any names you like? Currently crushing over Theodore and Nora

Hey all... new here.

Name: Rebecca

How long until TTC: 6-9 months
Reasons for WTT: Waiting for dh to finish his degree, and letting me finish out another school year (I'm a teacher), without leaving early for maternity leave.
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: I've got a more comprehensive list, but mostly increase my fitness level (although I am already in pretty good shape), get my wisdom teeth removed (finally), and manage my back pain a bit better.
How many children would you like: Minimum of 3, although people have told me I may change my mind once I have the first

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? I've always wanted a girl first, so I have so thoroughly convinced myself that the first will be a boy, that now I want a boy first.
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Probably finding out the gender
Any names you like? We've had a boy's name picked for years..

Name: Laura
Relationship status: Married to my stellar husband, 1 year

How long until TTC: Jan/Feb 2017
Reasons for WTT: enjoy some early marriage years, also for me to set the course for my later-life career. And the big reason of needing alternatives and experience to manage pregnancy with little or no medication.

Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: A trip outside the USA. House projects to improve safety
How many children would you like: 2 and later maybe exchange students

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? Each please
Finding out the gender or team yellow? finding out the gender...only because it better informs the friends and family who support me
Any names you like? Yes...not sharing unless I know you :p

Name: Katie

How long until TTC: Now only a month!:happydance:
Reasons for WTT: We were initially planning on waiting 5 years after we got married to give us time to get finances set and to grow as a family on our own. We're coming up on our 6th anniversary next month, but we also wanted to buy a house first. We're closing on our first house on the 28th of this month (Next Thursday!!!), so once that is finished we are all set to TTC!
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: I've been working on losing weight, but now that I've lost some, I'm just focused on improving my fitness level rather than making it all about the scale. I'm hoping that what others have said about eating well and exercising making pregnancy and birth easier on the body is true.
How many children would you like: At least three! I'm hoping I can handle more.

When pregnant...

Do you have a gender preference? We're hoping for our first to be a boy!
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Team yellow! Except I probably won't do everything in yellow...
Any names you like? That's where we struggle... :haha:

Hi everyone,

Name: Jess

How long until TTC: 3-6 months
Reasons for WTT: Money, Work, waiting to finish BCP next month and for cycles to regulate
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Go on a relaxing holiday
How many children would you like: 2

Do you have a gender preference? Either would be perfect

Finding out the gender or team yellow? Definitely find out the gender! Need to be able to plan!

Any names you like? Maybe Emilia or Sophia for a girl. Not sure for boys yet...

Name: Jen
Relationship status:Married

How long until TTC:About 2 months
Reasons for WTT:Hubby wasn't ready
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC:Not really. We've pretty much accomplished all we have wanted to in the 5 years we've been married :)

How many children would you like:Just 1... Maybe 2

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? Boy
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Definitely finding out gender
Any names you like? We love the name Christian

Name: Cat

How long until TTC: NTNP July, TTC October/November
Reasons for WTT: Neither DH or I were sure we were ready for kids. Now that we're sure, just waiting to make sure we're clear of the Zika virus after travelling.
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Nope! I'd be TTC already if it weren't for the darn mosquitoes. My goals are to get all of the BC chemicals out of my body and get myself in the best shape and health possible.

How many children would you like: I've just wrapped my head around one. Maybe two if I survive the first!

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? Boy (I'm afraid of the mean teenager years for a girl!)
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Definitely finding out!
Any names you like? Reed, David, Wolfgang (but... DH is afraid he'll be a nerdy ginger like me and get stuck with the name Wolfgang :rofl:).

Name: Nikki

How long until TTC: April 2017
Reasons for WTT: DH wanted to wait until we are a little more financially stable, I want to wait until I've been bridesmaid for two of my friends who are getting married late this year and early next year.

Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Would like to get in slightly better shape!

How many children would you like: We already have two, so 3 or 4!

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? I would love a boy!
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Definitely finding out!
Any names you like?
Charlie, Harry, George and Freddie!
Girls names - Freya and Sofia!

Name: Nina

How long until TTC: Indefinitely, but hoping before end of Dec 2017
Reasons for WTT: Finances, hubby and my weight......
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Loose some weight
How many children would you like: I have two so would like one more and I am done.

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? boy, but healthy baby matters more
Finding out the gender or team yellow? I am too impatient. lol
Any names you like? Luke and Ruby, but we will have more family traditional names.

Don't know if we have one of these yet (apologies if we do!) but thought it could be fun

Feel free to answer as much, as as little as you like!

Name: Brandice (like Candice)
Relationship status: Engaged

How long until TTC: another year or two
Reasons for WTT: School, work, finances
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: I would like to complete my masters and find a better job.
How many children would you like: maybe 2

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? I would love to have a girl, there are so many boys in my family lol.
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Team yellow
Any names you like? I don't have any particular names picked out but I'm pretty nerdy/geeky so I'm sure it would be unusual lol.

Name: Samantha (I go by Sam though)
Relationship status: Engaged to a wonderful amazing guy

How long until TTC: A couple years at least..
Reasons for WTT: Fiance is finishing school to be a mechanic. Plus we want to get married first.
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: New car, getting our condo all set up, a trip to see my family in the UK and as well to see his family in Alberta.
How many children would you like: 2 maybe 3

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? I would love a girl first. But I want one of each
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Find out gender.
Any names you like? Yes. My fiance and I have names picked out one for a boy and one for a girl. For a boy we like Allen (after my fiance's father who died in a semi truck accident when he was in grade 2) and for a girl Harmony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->