• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hair help, dying, stripping

MummyinJune

Reaction score
ok first off please dont tell me to go to hairdressers, i cant afford it, and have already bought some stuff! lol

Ok so i had bleached hair, then i got it dyed brown, then i dyed it myself a dark brown.

Now i want to be blonde again.

I have bought colour b4 (or somthing like that?) to strip my hair.

And i have bought blonde hair dye.

Planning on doing this 2night so now panicing i dont want orange hair!

The colour b4 sys somthing about using tempory colour first, should i get a tempory blonde first?

colour b4 didnt work for me lol, it made my hair orange x

sorry about the upside down picture, but thats the colour i got after using color b4 and a nlonde hair dye

Attachments

• IMG-20110721-01222.jpg
    IMG-20110721-01222.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 30
I bleached my hair before a few years ago and dyed it after and it went orange. Complete nightmare.

I know this isnt the answer youre after - but hairdressers is the way to go to avoid disaster. I couldnt afford it either so i went to the local college. They were really good and got my hair looking the colour i wanted for about £25. Definitely worth it.

I used a colour stripper because my hair was properly 2 tone, half light brown and half dark brown and I wanted to even it out. Used the colour stripper, now it's half ginger and half brown :dohh: It's rank stuff, smells really horrible too. I used a different brand to the one you've got, but it's the same thing. I think bleach might be better, but I'm not a hairdresser. Hopefully one of the experts on here can help!

all hair will go ginger when bleached as your hair has to go through several stages of red/orange tones before it will get to a blonde/yellow, toning your hair is very important and will get rid of a good amount of the orange - try touch of silver weekly treatment its pretty good at toning, you might have to bleach again though depending on how light you want the colour and then apply a blonde over - make sure you don't go for a golden shade but an ash based one if you want to get rid of yellow/orange. :flower:

https://lh3.ggpht.com/_qIDvjhg2wgY/Sw41xbfjXdI/AAAAAAAAAcg/MFJXWBG_0Rs/hair-bleach-stages.jpg this good a good idea of the shades hair goes through in the lightening process :flower: if you are going to bleach your hair make sure its in as good condition as possible.

Im one for going back and forward with hair colour

Ok first thing is first i aint a hair dresser but i do colour my own hair

How long ago was it when you had bleached hair? also how long ago was it when you last coloured your hair and how much virgin hair (roots) have you got through?

With me i had white bleached hair and went brown (chestnut brown colour) than decided i didnt like it after a few months, so i went and bought a bleach kit, which made my roots go blonde and the rest of the hair did go a golden cheap tacky blonde colour, than 1 week later i bought a colour, try and get something with ASH in it, or if you use stuff like honey blonde, beige blonde you may end up with that yellow look!

I bought a extra light ash hair colour in a tube than i bought a 9% proxide tho even a 12% maybe better depending on how dark yellow your hair is! and mixed it together and put it all over my hair, than i ended up with a nice pearl colour hair, and i used a purple rinse shampoo to get rid off any tacky yellow left in my hair!

these photos our off when i dyed it the first photo is that awful yellow colour u will go and even brassy orange bits as u can see, and the next photo is 1 week later with the ash colour and the keune purple rinse shampoo!

Good Luck i know how you feel, im trying to get rid off my black hair to chocolate brown! and have no clue how to get rid of black hair lol its the hardest!

Attachments

• 62.jpg
    62.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 99.jpg
    99.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 32
Thanks.

My hair hasnt been bleached in a few months! i cant remember when sorry
It doesnt look like i have much roots in atm! the colour i have right now is darker than my natural so i thought they would be more noticible!
It was a hairdresser that normally did my hair (bleach) this last hair dye i did myself and it was the beginin of March.
The hair dye i bought is '03 lightest ash blonde'

Love your hair in the second pic!!

Thanks.

My hair hasnt been bleached in a few months! i cant remember when sorry
It doesnt look like i have much roots in atm! the colour i have right now is darker than my natural so i thought they would be more noticible!
It was a hairdresser that normally did my hair (bleach) this last hair dye i did myself and it was the beginin of March.
The hair dye i bought is '03 lightest ash blonde'

Love your hair in the second pic!!

you should be fine! u may find the hair what does have the previous bleach on may not go as blonde first time round cos the hair will be porous, as the roots will take straight away! also if u do need to bleach it a few times try and buy a hair repair treatment or leave some conditioner in your hair over night! just to help with the ends cos it may go rough and dry!

Good Luck tho!

xxxx

So you reckon that i could dye my hair with that light ash blonde, soon after stripping and it will come out ok straight away? i will post pics even if it turns out bad! haha

Thinking on doing a strand test with the blonde once its stripped, just to be on the safe side!

So you reckon that i could dye my hair with that light ash blonde, soon after stripping and it will come out ok straight away? i will post pics even if it turns out bad! haha

Thinking on doing a strand test with the blonde once its stripped, just to be on the safe side!

Its a hard one, you might be lucky and do the hair with the ash and bleach and it may come out ok, or maybe it might be better to do it with just a plain bleach set than wait a week and do it again with a low peroxide mix and add the ash blonde!

I dont know whats best i would hate to advise u on something and u end up with no hair!

I did had to bleach mine twice to get it like my second photo! the first time i just used BBLONDE the purple strong pack! than i used a ash blonde with 9% a week later to make it white not yellow!

PLEASE PLEASE BUY the keune silver shampoo its really strong and alot better than the touch of silver!
but dont leave it on too long tho!

Im doing mine tonight i might join u in posting HAIR GONE WRONG PHOTOS lol! im trying to get rid off black:dohh:!

xxxx

Ok i havnt bought any bleach, how do you put bleach on? haha!! thats always the hair dressor did that for me. can u just buy bleach in tescos etc?
Im trying to ebay that shampoo but cant find it yet! will keep raking!

Lol dont worry if it turns out wrong ill just count u as lucky! or me unlucky! haha

I think once you go bleached blonde, you dont go back haha! i dont mind my dark hair but miss my blonde soo much been blonde all my life until this year!

If i dont use bleach (which will be if when i strip my hair it goes a mess and need somthing on straight away - being the ash blonde) and it turns out wrong, do u no what i could put on it to fix that??

Good luck!! hopefully we wont be posting bald pics :|!!!

The hair that was bleached previously may be different to the hair thats grown in after the roots - be wary of that when it comes to colour b4/bleaching.
Ive had success and fails with colour b4, more fails though. It has taken me a few shades lighter but it was a start - its a much better option than bleach.
I hate saying it, but going blonde with bleach can go bad so so easily.

be careful if your using ash blonde over freshly bleached hair too....it can sometimes have a greeny tone to it

Thanks.

I think what i am going 2 do is, tonight im going 2 do the 'strand test' with the colour b4, i its ok, i will strip my hair 2night, nd leave it (if i can) if it turns out an odd colour, i will report back here! to see what to do next! lol

Dont no if i might buy bleach 2moro?

If not then i will 'strand test' my ash blond colour at some point and then report back to ask what to do prob!! lol

i did this a few weeks back and my hair went neon orange at first lol! i then bleached it again and it went like a peachy colour n then i put a dark blonde over the top and it was fine, i've just come back off holiday and it's made it a little blonder but it also has a slight orange tinge to it, i'm assuming i could put a toner on it to make this go (?) anyway after all the fuss i don't even know if i like it now haha! xxxx

Lol thats so typical!!
Yea i was wondering what colours to put onto what colour i end up with to get a blonde!!
Im not even bothered how light it is as long as its blonde its a start! lol

(though been looking back on pics of me when my hair was fully bleached and i REALLY miss it!!)

Well i did the strand test(with colour b4), and it did go slightly lighter but still a brown,
What do you suggest i do now? would it still be ok 2 put blonde on it?
Though tht was under my hair and that part of my hair has been dyed brown more often than the rest of my hair, so mabie the rest of my hair will be lighter

(Its on my full head atm)

if i was to get bleach, would i put it on at the same time as ash blonde? or bleach it, wash and dry THEN put on ash blonde? might buy some 2moro

you bleach it first, then wash it out and then put the dye on depending on whether the dye is one you put on wet or dry hair xx

You need to use a stronger dye! I know people are saying to use a colour and stay away from bleach, but in all my years of having white hair, depending on how dark you our most people will need to use bleach first to get the base!

If you have natural dark blonde, very light brown hair or if your hair hasnt been dyed so its virgin hair or roots, than they will more likely take with just a colour blonde which you see on the shelfs in shops, but if you have dark hair than it will more likely just go a lighter shade than what you already have!

You need to use the bleach first to get your hair light to began with, the more you have dyed your hair the more harder it is to strip out a colour! Your hair maybe be porous and very weak, so go careful with the ends of your hair!

I need to use bleach to get my hair white i always have done, but ocne you get that tacky yellow colour you can transform it, like i said once you get yellow after using bleach, use a ASH or PEARL colour blonde, try and go to a hair suppliers and use wella koleston they have some good colours to choose from! than once finished use a purple shampoo!

Also if u do have a few strands what may still be yellow, after a few washes they do start to fade so dont be to worried!

Good Luck, its frustrating, ive even been hair dresser sometimes and paid around 100 to still walk out with what i dont want!

Im fucked off i dyed my hair black and ive never been this dark before, and i want to go back chocolate brown and i have no idea how the fuck im gonna do this, ive never had to change black hair, its really hard!
I just put a chocolate brown on with 12% peroxide and it hasnt done much if anything its made my roots go a auburn ging colour, and than the rest of my hair looks dark brown, black reddish colour! im really fucked off i dont want red tones in it!
Im now gonna have to bleach my hair all over to get it light enough to put a plain brown colour on top! Im so angry, im even thinkign about just putting black back on lol i cant walk round like this!

xxxx

I think you are gonna have to use bleach hun to reach your desired results, how about a bleach bath?? you could do that once or twice to lighten and help remove some of the color and then do another strand test and see if applying colour b4 would then help lift it a couple more shades :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->