• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hair help, dying, stripping

Lol yea, i will do the bleach just coz i have it, i am a bit panicy that my hair falls out though!

Eeeek!, My hair has never fallen out because of dying (Because of anything for that matter lol) Take care! :) X

As some of you may have read my thread in GS, i have decided that im bleaching my hair.

I have the bblonde. In the instructions it says 'put on the development hat'

I have not got one? none came in the box,

Do i have 2 have one? if so can you send me a link to one so i can get as when i looked for one there was only the caps where you pull the hair threw for high lights, and im doing my full head.

In the bblonde it says to put on a development cap, it didn't cone with one, do I need it?

first of all I would like to warn you, if that is you in your picture, your hair will most certainly not go blonde from bleaching it. It would probably take several attempts, of which will ruin your hair, trust me I know. But I also know that people told me that when I wanted blonde hair and I didnt listen and you probably wont either. LOL my suggestion to you is that you go to a hairdresser and tell them the color you want your hair. It will cost more than a box of bleach but the results will be worth it. And your hair will thank you.

The devellopment cap IS the cap that you pull the strands through. you will need a shit ton of bleach to bleach hair evenly doing a whole head. and OMG your hair will feel like straw after. the only thing that fixes it is cutting it off. Trust me, I know. my profile picture is me, after my haircut of 9 inches to get as much of the bleached hair out as possible. and though it looks nice in the picture, it felt like shit and I still have about 4 inches of bleached hair on my head that feels horrible.

Once you bleach the crap out of your hair, it will be a orangy or yellowy color (if you are lucky) to get rid of the yellow/orange, you need a toner. these are normally only sold in salon service stores. After you use the toner, you need a blonde dye. You know, a box of dye from the drugstore that the lucky people who already have blonde hair can buy and just put on their hair... yea that one. that way your hair doesnt just look like.. well.. trashy bleach blond 1980 Courtney Love hair (unless ofcourse thats what you are looking for!, in which case, disregard all of the above and go hard! )

Best of Luck to you!! xx

Thanks, Yea thats me, though my hairs lighter than that, not much ( i stripped it last week i think it was)
My hair was bleached before, but i couldnt afford the hair dressors anymore so stupidly dyed my own hair dark.

I have bought bblonde, and also i have ash blonde hair dye (In the other thread i have a girl who had same hair as me bleached it to yellow, then a week later put hair dye on top which made it blonde)

I really cant afford hair dressers now my pay has finnished and away to move.

So do i use a cap that has holes in? or do i not need it?

The develpment cap is just like a plastic hat that heats your head more while the colour is on ifukwim? I use cling film. Good luck! I would recomend the john freeda blonde shampoo and con for after cause it keeps nice and blonde. Also if ur hair goes a bit yellow or off tones then they do a colour correction..its purple shampoo.

Im not sure about NEEDing it, i didnt use one when i went blonde, but you could use a shower cap. x

Well thats everything delivered that i need - applicater brush & bowl, shampoo etc etc..
Think ill do the strand test tonight! yay!

I tried going blonde before, i turned it yellow haha, but i was 15/16, i went to the hairdressers last year and they charged me 130 quid for the exact same thing :/ i was raged at the time! Come back with an update :) i would love to find something that actually works! its annoying when some ppl just seem to go from one extreme to another so easily, i have plenty of friends who just change their hair from brown to platinum in one home sitting.. and i can't see to get it :(

good luck :) x

Thanks, going 2 do a strand test tonight or 2moro.

Yea my sis went to hairdressers and was there 6 hours she said her hair went mad colours but ended up bleached in the end lol

If you have loads of colour in the ends of your hair then it won't change, I did mine last week and only the top went blonde, I ended up putting a brown over it. My sis is a hairdresser and she's going to bleach it for me in a few weeks as some of the home bleachs are not strong enough to lift your hair. Make sure you use loads conditioner after and touch of sliver shampoo it gets rid of brassy tones, good luck x

Oh i hope it all turns out the same colour :\

You no what i dont understand, im taking the strand test but i KNOW its going 2 go yellow until i put in a blonde dye, so i dont no what to look for in the strand test lol.

I just ordered a toner so might wait for that to arive first. Yea i got touch of silver too :)

I bleach my hair all the time at home, i have white (nearly grey) hair
I sometimes go back to brown, but only keep it for a few weeks lol. I always go ginger when im going back light, and i do have to bleach atleast 3 times, and as you said use an ash. I use a lee stafford toning shampoo every other time i wash my hair.
And you can just use clingfilm if you like, i dont use anything if nothing comes with it x
Just added a pic this was my hair going from dark brown doing what i said above HTH
395874_389932971020074_100000101240138_1679407_502281286_n.jpg

Love it, when you go ginger, how long do you wait before bleaching? or dyeing?

I bleach twice, 1 after the other, the first will bring it to a dark ginger, the second usually to a light ginger, then ill put a conditioner on and leave it over night. The next bleach takes it to a yellow, then i put the ash on. The only thing to be careful of is if you have roots, the roots will go much lighter than the ends. x

Ok this is going 2 sound like a really stupid question...

How do i know if when the bleach is on my hairs going 2 snap? ie 2 take it off?

Also with the hair strand test, as its going inger/orange how do i know it will still go blonde after dying again

one more thing lol, for the strand test i will ovb need the peroxide and powder open, how long after opening will it be ok 4??

My hair has actually snapped off, i have it short at the minute because of it (my hair was very over processed to begin with) you know if thats going to happen because your hair will become very elasticated and little bits will come off if you pull the ends, mine shriveled up too.
Ive never not gotten it blonde. You just have to keep going through the ginger! Ash usually always works. And if you get it to about the same colour of the inside of a banana skin with the bleach you should be ok just using a toner (look on ebay, directions is good) to take the yellow out.
Im not sure about the last question, as long as it is not mixed togeher i think its ok, but dont quote me on that one x

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-rich...re_Hair_Colouring_Dyes_PP&hash=item4603dbd660

the picture i posted above, was just after using this, it was canary yellow before i put this on x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->