• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hair help, dying, stripping

Thanks. Will buy bleach 2moro :D

You said you used BBLONDE, am i right in saying thats one that says highlighting kit on it?
Would i be able to bleach it say 2moro night? or is that 2 soon?

My hair is still wet but not 100% but it looksl ike its going 2 be a patchy ginger :\ lol nice!! Spesh for oh 2 say we might go visiting his friends we havnt seen in over a year lol

lol! Sorry im no help - hence this thread! lol hopefully someone else will know, i no my SIL stripped her hair from purple/red and managed 2 get it brown again! mab just loads of highlights first?

Be careful with bleach though hun, to lift it from brown to blonde is probably gonna need 30vol or 40vol but this can be very destructive to the hair cuticle so you will need to be extremly vigilant at the length of time you leave it on for. The last thing you want is your hair falling out.

This is the bleach i use to use!

xxxx

Attachments

• jerome-russell-bblonde-powder-bleach-highlift.jpg
    jerome-russell-bblonde-powder-bleach-highlift.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 2
I dont know how long to leave it on for, everyones diff, i normally kept it on for 40-50mins, on the instruction it says u can even leave it on for 90mins but im way to scared to do that!

just keep checking it in the mirror, also remember that your roots will probably take first so try and keep a eye on the ends as they will be the darkest! also once u applied all the bleach sometimes they put a plastic bag in the box which you cover your hair with well the dye develops, well i normally go under a hair dryer to, to speed up the process, sometimes they do this in hair dressing shops to!

I would probably leave it a few days till you put the next colour on, they say to leave it a few weeks, but i hate walking round with yellow hair so i do it sooner!
And promise to try and buy a hair repair treatment, even if its a cheap one, or some conditioner over night!

xxxx

Yeah I will, is it basicly the shorter time the better?

Yeah definately. In the salon we work in % rather than saying vol (it's the same thing though) basically the strengths are 3% 6% 9% and 12%. Obviously with 3% being the lowest it's the one that will cause least damage to the cuticle if used correctly. 30vol = 9% and 40vol = 12% these are very strong and if not used correctly can cause unrepairable damage to your hair. In most bleaching consultations we try to use 6% if possible to avoid unneccessary damage but because you are going from such a dark colour to blonde you will need to use at least 30vol. I have looked at bblonde online and from what I could see they only do it in 30 and 40vol anyway.

I dont know how long to leave it on for, everyones diff, i normally kept it on for 40-50mins, on the instruction it says u can even leave it on for 90mins but im way to scared to do that!

just keep checking it in the mirror, also remember that your roots will probably take first so try and keep a eye on the ends as they will be the darkest! also once u applied all the bleach sometimes they put a plastic bag in the box which you cover your hair with well the dye develops, well i normally go under a hair dryer to, to speed up the process, sometimes they do this in hair dressing shops to!

I would probably leave it a few days till you put the next colour on, they say to leave it a few weeks, but i hate walking round with yellow hair so i do it sooner!
And promise to try and buy a hair repair treatment, even if its a cheap one, or some conditioner over night!

xxxx

I wouldn't leave it on for the 90 mins either, too risky!!
Using a hairdryer is a great way to help it develop quicker would definately help reduce the time it's on. But if you do this you need to keep checking the development every 5 minutes to make sure it doesn't go to far.

Hope this helps :flower:

Thanks alot.girls! Will try find 30% bblonde today, and deep conditioner! Will I just slap the bleach all over? Also my hair has a faint orange hint now IV stripped it and still quite dark will bleach still be the next step?

Iv bought the bleach :D and like 3 deep conditioning things :D

One more question (for now lol) is if and when it works, and my roots need touching up, do i use bleach/ash blonde or what ??

Also how did your hair turn out Hayley?

I bleach my own hair, ive just recently gone back to blonde i used to colour b4 first(didnt go as light as yours) and then had to bleach my hair twice to go light yellow, ready for toning, it must be lightest yellow for the toner to work. My hair felt horrific lol literally like elastic snapping everywhere. Probably as i bleached it twice in 24hours but hey wasnt walking about with crappy yellow hair haha! Then i toned it with a purple toner to get it nice and white platinum!

saves me a FORTUNE and tbh turns out much better than the hairdressers!! Aussie 3min miracle SAVED my hair its a must. Oh and Provoke silver shampoo from savers is a MUST have keeps your hair white :)

That bleach isnt as strong as mine at lifting so you will prob have to bleach more than once.

Edit - DO NOT USE HEAT!! i did this and it burnt my scalp so bad!!

my hairs blonde,light blonde i dyed it black. i went back to blonde,well i tried. went to hairdressers it wrecked my hair so much it went nearly orange and had to have all my hair cut off :cry:

Hey how did u get on doing your hair?
I had to bleach mine aswell, cos my hair was black it went yellow/white on the roots and a really bright orange colour all over! lol!
Than i put a rich brown on top! Its come out abit darker than i hoped! I have dark brown hair now but i really wanted it more of a milk chocolate brown! Nevermind, im not gonna risk bleaching it again cos it already feels abit more dry now and its my own thought i should have bought a lighter brown!
Im gonna see how i get on with this im hoping after a few washes it will start to fade or if not ill chuck black back on i guess!

xxxxx

I heard head and shoulders was good at washing hair out, and so is anti dandruff shampoos?

I havent done it yet, but bought a 40% peroxide and that bblonde powder bleach.

If the aplicater brush comes in the post next week going 2 test it then.

Just to double check what you did (coz i love how ur hair turned out lol)

You bleached your hair to that yellow, used purple rinse shampoo then a week later you got ash blonde and added in a tube of 9% peroxide to the hair dye then put it all over??then continued the shampoo, is that right?

My hairs quite a ok colour just now, slightly ginger but its nice, hopefully will be nicer in a couple of weeks though!!

I heard head and shoulders was good at washing hair out, and so is anti dandruff shampoos?

I havent done it yet, but bought a 40% peroxide and that bblonde powder bleach.

If the aplicater brush comes in the post next week going 2 test it then.

Just to double check what you did (coz i love how ur hair turned out lol)

You bleached your hair to that yellow, used purple rinse shampoo then a week later you got ash blonde and added in a tube of 9% peroxide to the hair dye then put it all over??then continued the shampoo, is that right?

My hairs quite a ok colour just now, slightly ginger but its nice, hopefully will be nicer in a couple of weeks though!!

yes thats everything i done, u should end up with yellow bleached looking hair after u use the bblonde, than use that purple shampoo to try and help with the yellow and orange tones, than leave it a week and chuck on the ash colour with a low peroxide and than u may not need to use the purple shampoo after that

also go careful using that purple shampoo all the time cos sometimes on whitish hair it can make it go abit greyish

How blonde do u plan on going?

xxxx

Hey Ladies,
Just want to let you know that I had a Keratin treatment done on my hair a few weeks back called Brazilian Blowdry to get rid of my frizzy hair (costs £150 in salon) but I have seen the kits on ebay/amazon for £25! It's bloody brilliant. Not only did it treat my hair and get rid of all my frizz but it turnt my black hair back to its natural colour (this werent the plan but hey lol) I've now put a red over the top. Just thought I'd let you know theres a way of getting rid of dark hair colour which is actually good for your hair :)xx

Well to start with i was just going any blonde poss, but like i said i really liked your hair in that second pic, (its the colour i wanted when i bleached before but never acheived it) so will aim for that.

What size of tube of the 9% should i get, will it shake in well with the other hair dye? and come out the bottle fine?

Your hair was chestnut blonde when u acheived the yellow hair wasnt it? My hairs like that now (well slightly lighter now i have the colour b4 in)

I know you said you already bought the stuff but when i did my hair from DARK brown to platinum blonde i used the schwartzkoph XXL Live dye, i used two boxes to get it even and left it on a little over and hour went great!.

https://www.livecolor.com/products/colourintense/absolute-platinum-00a/

wow that worked right over dark hair? wish i knew that lol

I did have to do some touch ups on bits that i had missed though :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back