Harrods Christmas Grotto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my email, says all standard slots are sold out, not paying £118 for 4 of us to have the tea experience so that is out the window!!

I just booked The Rainforest cafe, it is £30 per child if you book before a date in October. That includes a giftbag from Santa plus a 2 course meal. Adults have to order atleast 1 main each and you pick and pay for that on the day. Will cost the same or even less than the tea experience at Harrods :thumbup:

Got my email, says all standard slots are sold out, not paying £118 for 4 of us to have the tea experience so that is out the window!!

I just booked The Rainforest cafe, it is £30 per child if you book before a date in October. That includes a giftbag from Santa plus a 2 course meal. Adults have to order atleast 1 main each and you pick and pay for that on the day. Will cost the same or even less than the tea experience at Harrods :thumbup:

You'll have a great time! Try to avoid the Rainforrest shop at the end (which is fab) or it will almost certainly cost more than taking 10 people to the Harrods tea :haha:

The rainforest cafe says that it is not very accessible and my eldest who is 10 has cerebral palsy and is in a wheelchair, might ring them and see x

The rainforest cafe says that it is not very accessible and my eldest who is 10 has cerebral palsy and is in a wheelchair, might ring them and see x

Found this on their website ...

https://www.therainforestcafe.co.uk/access.asp

But would depend where the Grotto is

You'll have a great time! Try to avoid the Rainforrest shop at the end (which is fab) or it will almost certainly cost more than taking 10 people to the Harrods tea :haha:

Thank you for the warning. Will make sure DH has his wallet ready for that :haha:

So were there more slots released that were previously not available?

It's really annoying as once you've booked (afternoon tea for me) you can't go back and look at the slots.....

It's really annoying as once you've booked (afternoon tea for me) you can't go back and look at the slots.....

I believe there must have been because didn't you say there were no slots for first weekend in December? I saw slots for that Saturday of that weekend

I believe there must have been because didn't you say there were no slots for first weekend in December? I saw slots for that Saturday of that weekend

Hmmm have they all gone again now?

I've booked now so also can't go back to check. I'd imagine they must all be gone now, at least for the day. I think emails will still be sent tomorrow so there must be slots for that lot tomorrow.

I've booked now so also can't go back to check. I'd imagine they must all be gone now, at least for the day. I think emails will still be sent tomorrow so there must be slots for that lot tomorrow.

Did you get a normal slot or afternoon tea?

I'm quite annoyed now at how sneaky they are being and making you think it's sold out when it's not.....

I'm quite annoyed now at how sneaky they are being and making you think it's sold out when it's not.....

I got an afternoon tea slot but I had decided before booking that I would get that.

I did check the standard slots and there were a couple weekend slots and lots in the week.

I figured my backup plan was the rainforrest cafe which would work out about the same price.

I got an afternoon tea slot but I had decided before booking that I would get that.

I did check the standard slots and there were a couple weekend slots and lots in the week.

I figured my backup plan was the rainforrest cafe which would work out about the same price.

I just phoned customer services to ask/rant about misleading me but you can't speak to anyone, it just has an automated message saying it's fully booked for December and all weekends in November.

I might ring again tomorrow to see if the same message applies!

I'm quite taken with the afternoon tea (apart from the price!) but dh is not. He doesn't eat fancy sandwiches and is not impressed by the price at all. He wants to cancel :-(

I just phoned customer services to ask/rant about misleading me but you can't speak to anyone, it just has an automated message saying it's fully booked for December and all weekends in November.

I might ring again tomorrow to see if the same message applies!

I'm quite taken with the afternoon tea (apart from the price!) but dh is not. He doesn't eat fancy sandwiches and is not impressed by the price at all. He wants to cancel :-(

I think you've got quite a while to cancel?

I think you should wait until next week to phone, I'd imagine it will be busy this week.

Ok so I caved and booked the afternoon tea experience, it has cost £128 with the £10 booking fee which will get refunded. I emailed the rainforest cafe and they said that it would be accessible but I have had my heart set on harrods and it would work out pretty much the same to do either. I also figured that we are going back to Florida 2016 so will take the kids to rainforest cafe in downtown Disney and my eldest has been to the one in Paris. Oh well all booked for 15th November at 1pm, then the restaurant at 2pm x

I have just logged in and it says all classic experiences have been booked. You can still book the tea and preschool experiences x

I got my card a few months ago and only got an email this morning, every weekend was booked and nearly all Fridays, only slot I could get was Friday Nov 7th lol, not such a big deal for us as we live in London, I don't work Fridays and there's a chance hubby could finish early enough to come with us, I'm just worried about over exciting Ds1 about Christmas a bit early :haha:

I am actually beginning to look forward to it even after paying all that money, but in figure afternoon tea at harrods is something you are likely to only do once and will definitely be an experience, have been looking at images on Google at the afternoon tea in the Georgian where you have it and I must say it looks great. I just hope they will swap my tea for a diet coke, I hate tea :sick:

Booked mine yesterday with afternoon tea as well (cost a fortune that bit so I hope its good)

Was harder to get booked this year by the time I got my slot there were no december weekends left.

ACtually if I had thought about it I should have booked for the day after the kids break up but nevermind. We are going 23rd November

I'm so excited too!

I want to phone next week to see if I can get two people added onto my booking, I hope I can.

My only worry is that there are so many people booked for the tea so it will be a bit like sitting in a busy coffee shop rather than a high tea :haha:

Wonder if any more emails were sent this morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"