Harrods Christmas Grotto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too felix555 hope it is relaxed and not rushed like you have to be in and out within the hour or something would be fuming!! We have booked the grotto for 1pm, then it says we are booked into the Georgian at 2pm

I'm sure you ladies will have a fab time, my cousin works in Harrods, I will ask her if she knows what the room is like in terms of how crowded etc when it's open :)

I'm sure you ladies will have a fab time, my cousin works in Harrods, I will ask her if she knows what the room is like in terms of how crowded etc when it's open :)

That would be great thanks!

Have you been to the Grotto before?

No I haven't, we did Westfield last year, it was someone on here that mentioned the loyalty card which I'm grateful for! I was surprised it was "free".

Me too felix555 hope it is relaxed and not rushed like you have to be in and out within the hour or something would be fuming!! We have booked the grotto for 1pm, then it says we are booked into the Georgian at 2pm

I've booked the Grotto for 3pm after nap time! So I assume the tea will be at 4, I've not actually looked.

No I haven't, we did Westfield last year, it was someone on here that mentioned the loyalty card which I'm grateful for! I was surprised it was "free".

My friend went to that last year.

There are actually quite a few decent free ones. There's that one at Duke of York Square in Chelsea which is supposed to be really good. Think I will go to that one too. I'm quite excited about having a London Christmas :haha:

We've lived in London for 7 years (2 years here, 2 in another county, now 5 years here) and I've never spent December in London, so I'm doing all the Christmas stuff!

There are actually quite a few decent free ones. There's that one at Duke of York Square in Chelsea which is supposed to be really good. Think I will go to that one too. I'm quite excited about having a London Christmas :haha:

We've lived in London for 7 years (2 years here, 2 in another county, now 5 years here) and I've never spent December in London, so I'm doing all the Christmas stuff!

Oh that's cool, we definitely need to explore more, December is my most favourite month here!! This is only our third winter here and DS1 was only 2 so we're getting to do more each year, we're not from here originally and could move any time after next year so I want to make the most of it. We tend to go home over Christmas week but I love the build up here! I will look into that Chelsea one, we live in zone 5 NW London.

Oh that's cool, we definitely need to explore more, December is my most favourite month here!! This is only our third winter here and DS1 was only 2 so we're getting to do more each year, we're not from here originally and could move any time after next year so I want to make the most of it. We tend to go home over Christmas week but I love the build up here! I will look into that Chelsea one, we live in zone 5 NW London.

I will post on here if I find more cool things to do!

On the one hand I'm glad lots of other families will be in the georgian for afternoon tea so it won't be too posh and the children don't have to sit deathly quiet but I'm also quite surprised they are doing it at all - the gerogian is supposed to be quite fancy I think.....what about the people who book it not knowing there's loads of kids in there!?! Makes more sense to have it in the disney cafe!

On the one hand I'm glad lots of other families will be in the georgian for afternoon tea so it won't be too posh and the children don't have to sit deathly quiet but I'm also quite surprised they are doing it at all - the gerogian is supposed to be quite fancy I think.....what about the people who book it not knowing there's loads of kids in there!?! Makes more sense to have it in the disney cafe!

I thought that too, but I think with all of the afternoon tea experiences that there won't be many places for other people to sit anyway! But yes the Disney cafe would probably of been a better experience for kids

Your all going to be sat in harrods having the tea wondering if any other bnb ladies are in their too :rofl:

Anyone excited yet??

What dates are everyone going. Please report back when you've been ... our date is ages away!!!(23rd December)

Oh we've been, the grotto is nice, the staff were very friendly. Wouldn't say it was spectacular and DS was a little disappointed he didn't get a proper gift lol but we got a nice photo so I'm glad we went, it's nice to tick the Harrods grotto box. The disney cafe looks lovely, we only did the grotto but we will definitely go back after Xmas to eat there it's so cute.

Oh we've been, the grotto is nice, the staff were very friendly. Wouldn't say it was spectacular and DS was a little disappointed he didn't get a proper gift lol but we got a nice photo so I'm glad we went, it's nice to tick the Harrods grotto box. The disney cafe looks lovely, we only did the grotto but we will definitely go back after Xmas to eat there it's so cute.

Ah I'm very nosey so tell me what the gift was please! :haha:

Everyone has the same, it's a drawstring bag with a small book and large chocolate coin in.

We went on Saturday and had the afternoon tea in the Georgian. We really enjoyed it, the 'elves' were really fun and kept everyone entertained. Be warned the fake snow sticks to your clothes and I had a black cardigan on!! The afternoon tea was great, although my fussy eldest hardly ate anything, but my gannet husband soon finished it off lol. If you don't finish it all you can ask for the leftovers to be boxed up and take home with you. Harrods itself was absolutely mental busy!!

Everyone has the same, it's a drawstring bag with a small book and large chocolate coin in.

Don't blame him for thinking that's a bit meh :haha:

We went on Saturday and had the afternoon tea in the Georgian. We really enjoyed it, the 'elves' were really fun and kept everyone entertained. Be warned the fake snow sticks to your clothes and I had a black cardigan on!! The afternoon tea was great, although my fussy eldest hardly ate anything, but my gannet husband soon finished it off lol. If you don't finish it all you can ask for the leftovers to be boxed up and take home with you. Harrods itself was absolutely mental busy!!

That's a good point the boys were wearing knitted Christmas jumpers and had the snow all over them! Harrods was pretty busy when we went (a Friday afternoon) so I can't imagine the weekend!

That sounds fab! I have a fussy one too but he will eat cake all day long if I let him.

We went past harrods but didn't go in about 3 weeks ago I think it was... we were literally just waking past there after being at the natural history museum and it was so busy you couldn't even walk on the pavements on that side. Mental. Think I'll take our LO in the carrier when we go, definitely leave the pushchair at home.

What was the food like? Is it sandwiches and cakes? Is the kids selections generally ok for kids or are they adult selections really?

Sorry for all the questions! We're going in December and dh can be funny about some sandwiches as can ds but all can eat cake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"