Hi! I'm new(ish). Here's me... TTC #2. :)

Welcome back kealz. Shame about the arrangement at work changing. Is this a permanent thing or you can go back to working part time after your maternity leave?*

I've also been in my maternity jeans for a couple of weeks now and the relief is a joy.

Mannymoo, yay for holiday and your mum coming down for a long weekend. I always say grandparents are a blessing.

*Mauritius is such a beautiful place. I've been wanting to go for ages but never got round to it. I'm sure you'll enjoy it with the added bonus of your in-laws to relief you of baby duties.

I hear you on waiting a while in between babies. I've had moments where I think we must have been crazy for getting pregnant so soon, and I doubt/ wonder if or how I'll be able to cope when baby is here, considering I don't have any family around.

Thanks for your kind words babes, I'm trying to take things as easy as I can with an hyper active 14 month old. I sometimes wonder where he gets the energy from and wish he could share with me.

DH is finally on board with being team yellow! He told me yesterday he's liking the idea of finding out when baby is here.

Mannymoo, looking at your ticker, its possible your due date is Feb 12. Mine is 19th, which makes us a week apart and you're just a week and 2 days further along than I am.

Kealz, yes maam. We want a ticker so we can keep up. :winkwink:

Lol, I'll see what I can do about a ticker... I always use my phone to update and can't do it on here so i'll log on with my iPad/laptop and sort it out, just for you guys! ;)

We've been so lucky with falling pregnant with our ideal age gap - 2.5yrs. Friends have asked if i'll push to potty train ds before baby comes but I won't, he's gotta tell me when he's ready. Hopefully he might be old enough to give a bit help, my only concern really is that he will feel jealousy/resentment towards the baby. I guess that's a natural reaction initially, I'm really hoping for a strong bond between him and his sibling eventually. :)

Mannymoo - so pleased I have influenced a well deserved holiday, and to Mauritius no less! Plus helpful grandparents - perfect! :) Room for a (not so) little one..? :D

Kealz, i think waiting till ds is ready to potty train is a good idea. You'll save yourself the unnecessary stress of him not cooperating or the process being unsuccessful.

I was able to update my ticker from my phone. You can try it out.

I have a little more energy now as of a few weeks ago, but its not 100% and I guess I don't expect it to be. If I sit down for to long, forget it! LOL

Crysttal - I would just mention to the person doing all the US that you are not interested in knowing the gender so please don't tell me anything... and hope they listen and don't forget. Good Luck!

Mannymoo - My daughter just turned 8 on the 24th. So yeah she will be a BIG help!! I still hope she handles the new babies arrival well even when she says she will, but her being an only child for so long makes me wonder if she knows whats in store. I just plan to involve her in anyway possible if she wants to be and let her have her personal time alone when she needs it. All I can do really, besides have special days where its just her and I or her and DH.

Wow, there are a lot of team yellows here. Good for you!

Oh Kealz - So glad you had such a lovely holiday and was able to "let it all hang out" and be comfortable. :) How far along are you? :)

Thanks crysttal, I'll try but will prob ask dh to do it for me when he can - being married to an IT technician definitely has its uses! Lol :)

Mom2chloe - Thanks! It was lovely :)
I'm 11 wks tomorrow (Friday), that makes me a lime I think. Dh has this idea that he's going to buy whatever fruit I am each Friday for us to eat in the evening, which I thought was really sweet. I can't believe how fast it's going! 1st scan on Tuesday - excited! :)

11 weeks already! You'll soon be in second tri before you know it. That's such a cute thing your DH suggested.

Mom2chloe, your daughter is at an age where she would enjoy doting on the new arrival. You should just make time for one on one mummy daughter bonding moments and activities so she doesn't feel replaced.
TGIF ladies!

I can't believe how fast it's going! I do think chasing round after a toddler is certainly helping to pass the time which I didn't have before! :D

Mannymoo, no everyone told me its February 9th but of course I don't think it will be. I was 10 days overdue with the first one.

I'm all nerves and excitement tonight, 1st scan in the morning! :) x

Good luck kealz. Fingers crossed for a perfect little bean. Send us a pic when you're done. Xx

Thanks mannymoo! Will update tomorrow. :) x

The scan went brilliantly thanks, mannymoo! I'm soooo happy! Baby kealz was bouncing around all over the place and it was amazing. :) It feels so much more real now and can finally get down to telling everyone. Woop woop! I would post a pic but I'm on my phone again and the mobile version won't let me. Next time i'm on my laptop i will, plus ticker! :) x

Congrats Kealz. That first scan is always so scary. So pleased all went well for you. Are you feeling ok?

Congrats Kealz! Happy to hear bub is doing great. Now you can breathe easy.

Thanks girls! :) I'm feeling good apart from nausea still at times. This weekend is the big reveal, lol, all family/close friends have been scheduled in at some point! Then I will pluck up the courage to tell work - eek!! Then remaining peeps will see it through facebook. :) Our parents are going to be so excited! x

Hope all you ladies are feeling well and have nice things planned for the weekend. :) x

Congrats on your awesome scan Kealz! So exciting :) How did you reveal go to everyone?

Thanks mom2chloe! :)

The reveal went really well thanks! The family are really excited and work said congrats but that they weren't surprised! Lol. I'm glad it's all out there now, feel I can relax into my pregnancy a bit more, and enjoy a bit of looking after. Haha. :D

Hope you, and all other ladies, are ok and doing well? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->